It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisibility is no longer fiction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
go to the 1:10 mark to see what appears to be a man in a cloaked suit, not sure if this the real deal or the camera having issues picking him up correctly.

Thats awesome, Ive never seen anything like it. How likely is it that this is real?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Aliquandro
It hides things and what's inherently wrong with hiding things? If you gotta hide it, it must not be good.

Imagine an invisible defense-shield against missiles. Wouldnt that be a positive purpose?

People might argue, "why do we have the missiles in the first place?" or even "Two wrongs don't make a right"

I for one would use the technology to make all the walls of every government building worldwide invisible (except bathrooms) and see how many shady deals would happen then with everyone watching.

But I do like your idea of concealing nude sunbathers. Besides, the ones who want to hide their bodies are usually the ones we don't care to look at anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DorianSoran

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by Grifter81

you first must tell me, what is the speed of time?

At its' simplest form, unaltered, the speed of time is 1 sec/per sec for the observer and participant remaining constant for both.

Change the name of seconds to anything you want. That name of it is invented by man, but not the passing of actual time.

You must think of "time speed" in time lapsed and how fast you get there and not actual speed or distance covered (unless dealing with faster than light speed, then a whole other can of worms is opened).

Dorian Soran v,20

o.O

How fast is 1 second?

You have me at Time Speed, otherwise!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I suppose eventually they will get to useing shortwave radiation to project a pattern of air density disruption that bends light around an object.

In good time.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
[color=413839] Yes, there are words here. ... Invisibility is no longer fiction you say? No kidding! Does anyone have any pictures of this invisibility cloak? Pics of it didn't happen (joke). Now if you were able to read this please give me a star to help raise peoples' curiousity as to why you did. Thanks for sharing OP, ★ & Flag.

edit on 22-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: are you sure there aren't more words up above these?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
[color=413839] Yes, there are words here. ... Invisibility is no longer fiction you say? No kidding! Does anyone have any pictures of this invisibility cloak? Pics of it didn't happen (joke). Now if you were able to read this please give me a star to help raise peoples' curiousity as to why you did. Thanks for sharing OP, ★ & Flag.

edit on 22-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: are you sure there aren't more words up above these?

Im impressed that there is actually something to read in your invisible post. Good job.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yep. I was being sneaky, invisible, stealthy even.

Not sure how many if any people would have seen that. Thanks for making my evening with the compliment.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DorianSoran

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by Grifter81

you first must tell me, what is the speed of time?

At its' simplest form, unaltered, the speed of time is 1 sec/per sec for the observer and participant remaining constant for both.

Change the name of seconds to anything you want. That name of it is invented by man, but not the passing of actual time.

You must think of "time speed" in time lapsed and how fast you get there and not actual speed or distance covered (unless dealing with faster than light speed, then a whole other can of worms is opened).

Dorian Soran v,20

I would have to disagree to a point. The speed of time is relative to the observer and the circumstances of the observers situation . This is a physical constant that has been in effect since the beginning of the universe.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I absolutely adore Monica Bellucci, btw. If that is who's pic is in your avatar. If that is not Monica, and it is you...

Hi, my name is John. How you doin?

edit on 24-2-2012 by ILikeStars because:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The implications are horrendous, obviously...But nonetheless, it's pretty cool

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join