It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisibility is no longer fiction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This is one (of several) methods scientists are working on invisibility:

Physicists use natural crystals to develop invisibility cloak

Excerpt:

Physicists from the University of Birmingham, with colleagues at Imperial College, London and Technical University of Denmark, have demonstrated an “invisibility cloak” that can hide a three-dimensional object, centimeters in dimension, large enough for the cloaking area to be visible to the human eye.

This video shows another method of making something appear invisible:

A full news video can be found here: News Report

This is another example of old legends and fairy tales (such as those on "magic crystals") and invisibility caps coming true. Apparently both science and military are eagerly looking for Invisibility Cloaks.

What do you think are the implications and the potentials and dangers of invisibility technology in the future?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Unfortunately I am not seeing the bright side to this new technology. I feel It will cause many more bad things then good.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I think the implications are simple, military applications.

It hides things and what's inherently wrong with hiding things? If you gotta hide it, it must not be good.

I like the technology as long as it doesn't go Philadelphia Experiment on us and kill people, but I'm suspicious of the intentions.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Explanation: S&F!

On the brightside it may be the best sunscreen ever!

On the darkside it still won't do anything about pressure sensors and I wonder at it's ability to subvert beam sensors?
... and if you fart you wouldd still give yourself away via smell and sound!

Personal Disclosure: If the light is bent around the invisibility cloaks wearer ... then how will the be able to see?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The thing to think about here is that, if we can do it why wouldent a civilzation more advance then us be able to? Watch the video about the mexican goverment catching 11 ufos on infared back in 2004, we could be being visited or even surveilanced 24/7 and not even know.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Skyfloating

Personal Disclosure: If the light is bent around the invisibility cloaks wearer ... then how will the be able to see?

If light is bent around the wearer of the cloak does this put them in a kind of time bubble relative to the observer? As light and time are intertwined bending light would speed it up to the observer, or speed up time as light speed always appears constant. So there could be some relative time diallaition involved?

With research practical application of a time machine anyone? The further you bend the light around yourself then you would seem to jump forward in time because for you time would slow down as the light around you seemed to speed up? I'm tying my head in knots here

edit on 21/2/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/2/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well it is still a military application, but in the 1930's they had to rig up this sort of deal in order to hide things.

So this is a pretty good step in at least this intent.

Hopefully it evolves under public observation and doesn't get hidden away so we forget about it..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

In order to answer your question, you first must tell me, what is the speed of time?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It's a cool thing, but such a shame that it'll only be used for bad things. They could coat police batons in it, so that when we film the filth battering people, they can say "no, I was waving at him, his head caved in all by itself" And other imaginary scenarios....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think this video was posted here 6 months ago.

Its not true 'invisibility' it looks more like a reflection effect that looks like invisibility when viewed from that angle. You can see in these pictures that the support holding the wires disappears. If it was an invisibility effect you would still be able to see it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Even still, if we discovered that much information (probably more we dont know about) what could we figure out in 1000 years?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by Grifter81

you first must tell me, what is the speed of time?

At its' simplest form, unaltered, the speed of time is 1 sec/per sec for the observer and participant remaining constant for both.

Change the name of seconds to anything you want. That name of it is invented by man, but not the passing of actual time.

You must think of "time speed" in time lapsed and how fast you get there and not actual speed or distance covered (unless dealing with faster than light speed, then a whole other can of worms is opened).

Dorian Soran v,20

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This is one (of several) methods scientists are working on invisibility:

Physicists use natural crystals to develop invisibility cloak

Excerpt:

Physicists from the University of Birmingham, with colleagues at Imperial College, London and Technical University of Denmark, have demonstrated an “invisibility cloak” that can hide a three-dimensional object, centimeters in dimension, large enough for the cloaking area to be visible to the human eye.

This video shows another method of making something appear invisible:

A full news video can be found here: News Report

This is another example of old legends and fairy tales (such as those on "magic crystals") and invisibility caps coming true. Apparently both science and military are eagerly looking for Invisibility Cloaks.

What do you think are the implications and the potentials and dangers of invisibility technology in the future?

Now all they have to do is make the crystal invisible DOH!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlytruthwillsetyoufree
Unfortunately I am not seeing the bright side to this new technology. I feel It will cause many more bad things then good.

Well, we could have some privacy during nude-bathing...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliquandro
It hides things and what's inherently wrong with hiding things? If you gotta hide it, it must not be good.

Imagine an invisible defense-shield against missiles. Wouldnt that be a positive purpose?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
If the light is bent around the invisibility cloaks wearer ... then how will the be able to see?

Hilarious. I can see the ad for it already: "You can be invisible, but you`ll also be blind. Would you rather be seen or see? You decide!".

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

go to the 1:10 mark to see what appears to be a man in a cloaked suit, not sure if this the real deal or the camera having issues picking him up correctly.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by onlytruthwillsetyoufree

Well, we could have some privacy during nude-bathing...

Undoubtedly the most evil and counterproductive use of this technology!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by iKnowWhatISeen
The thing to think about here is that, if we can do it why wouldent a civilzation more advance then us be able to? Watch the video about the mexican goverment catching 11 ufos on infared back in 2004, we could be being visited or even surveilanced 24/7 and not even know.

A more advanced civilization could certainly. We`ll probably need another 100 years before perfecting cloaking.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Well it is still a military application, but in the 1930's they had to rig up this sort of deal in order to hide things.

The 1930s, imagine that! By now they've probably perfected it to levels where Google-Earth can scan entire acres without seeing anything. Amazing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join