It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation prophecy; the futility of date-setting

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The other observation which ought to be attached as a self-reminder was that most of the recent interest in fixing a date seems to come from believers in the Rapture, and they tend to be primarily calculations about the date of the Rapture rather than the (less important) date of the Return itself.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here we go again.
We have been given a new date- March 25th 2016

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Here we go again.
We have been given a new date- March 25th 2016

Is that the eclipse?

As far as the Rapture believers go, can you blame them? Why would the 2nd coming be as important as knowing when they get out of Dodge? For them, the 2nd Coming IS the Rapture because that's when they get to meet Christ and then they are with him forever more, including the 2nd Coming.

I hope for a Rapture, but can see all sides of the arguments for and against. If there isn't one, then the 2nd Coming is when I meet Christ and that makes it just as important.

The trap is to not let yourself get so caught up on one side of the argument that you would be disillusioned in your faith if the time came and you realized that what you believed in didn't happen as you hoped it would.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I was referring to the new thread which has gone up, basing itself on the calculation of days in Daniel.
It's in the WW3 forum, for some reason.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Oh yes, I've seen that one.

It has been fun watching this pattern of lunar and solar eclipses. I don't know what I hope about it. Is it a sign? Maybe, but I surely don't think it has anything to do with the specific dates.

All anyone can do is watch and wait and enjoy some fantastic pictures and video of them in the meantime.

That and always be prepared just in case which is what any good Christian should be doing anyhow.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here wo go again.
The latest argument (see the current "Signs of the Times" thread) is looking to September 2015.
I have said before, there is no evidence to suggest that God deliberately plans either deliverances or judgements to coincide with existing festivals.
He never says that he will.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ive been given a date but its in 2017, its truly amazing, after i got the info, i said. Please forgive me, billions are gonna die, if i die also, then it wasnt meant to be. Its wonderful beyond anyones imagination, its God like.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You can have all these dates, and all the prophecies, and all the conspiracies. Its beyond anyones imagination, its so beatuiful that even i, who was a huge opponent to the NWO, said. Yes, i understand. The world will be silent, all wars will seize to exist. If you are alive within the nearest years, this world will change to a place only told in stories. Its the next step in evolution
edit on 28-6-2015 by stargazers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"End of the world in September"?
Oh, lor, here we go again.
Time for another reminder.
Especially since it seems to include another outbreak of "God uses the Jewish feasts as a timetable" theory.
edit on 29-8-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Another reminder, since we are on the eve of the alleged "September 23rd" date.
We have no evidence that God plans events to fit in with Jewish feasts.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
jumping the gun seems to be the consensus..
I guess its a way of accelerating the bad times so they pass quickly & some sort of normalcy returns to our lives

we got years to go before the 5th-6th-7th Trumpets sound (which coincide with the 3 Woes)

the final edition of the 4 'Apocalypse' horsemen has been accomplished (the 4 blood moons of 2014-2015)

CERN is being termed the 'Abyss' or 'Bottomless Pit' which will release the creatures from Hell (trapped variously in both Earth realm & the planet Saturn confinement place according to Mystics

but CERN will not produce the spiritual forces from hell until It Is Time.... (the 5th Trumpet/1st Woe)

the multi million man army from the N & E along with the coalition we equate with GOG must come first (6th Trumpet/2nd Woe) which annihilates 1/3 of humans on the global scale.

this Force/Coalition will destroy the middle East/Arabian Babylon in Mecca-Medina...
but in conjunction with Nature...the God driven forces of Nature will burn up the Spiritual Babylon in Mecca by way of volcano's & lava & earthquakes... the sand dunes in the area will become pit of sulpher and Tar-Pitch as the ground burns up the temples of the Kaaba....
the humongous army of human direction will itself be consumed even as they attack Mecca & Medina the seat of the spiritual Babylon

the NYC material Babylon will follow in its destruction by both Natural Forces sent by 'God' & by the evil barbarism inspired in men-kind

there are years to go before the middle-of-the-week comes around & the great tribulation commences

see:

"“Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her: death, mourning, and famine. She will be consumed by fire, for mighty is the Lord God who judges her. When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry: ‘Woe! Woe, O great city, O Babylon, city of power! In one hour your doom has come! … "

here is a clue as to timing... the bold text tells us that Babylon - is fallen, is fallen - comes at the time of the 2nd Woe in Revelation... i.e. the 6th Trumpet/(2nd Woe) which is several years from Today : 1-5-2016

As to the Spiritual Babylon in Mecca: ...."Its streams shall be turned into pitch and its dust into brimstone; its land shall become burning pitch. It shall not be quenched night or day; its smoke shall ascend forever” (Isaiah 34:8-10).

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the final edition of the 4 'Apocalypse' horsemen has been accomplished (the 4 blood moons of 2014-2015)

That is precisely what is wrong with the idea that these things work to a predictable timetable.
The so-called "blood moons" were a damp squib, with nothing much happening more than usual.
The four horsemen are supposed to be about plague, war and famine bringing death to a quarter of the earth.
Surely we ought to see this happening before we say "the four horsemen have come".
I'm reminded of an old Peanuts cartoon; Charlie Brown standing holding a baseball, while all around him are making snowmen, sledging, skating on the ice; "Well, I sure as hell do care what the calendar says".
We're going to know the events of Revelation when we see them happening, not by the calendar date.

edit on 5-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

With the way things are going in the Middle East, there is a very real possibility that something bad could happen to Damascus before all is said and done.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Time for another reminder, because a new date has just been announced on this forum;
"The Bible says 2028". (This is a revised "Mayan" date. The Bible never made any claims for the Mayan calendar.)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Another reminder is necessary, because another set of dates is being offered;
Fatima/Medjugorje
These dates are based on modern Catholic mysticism rather than Bible text (making them even more suspect than usual).
The basic principle is the same.
At least the OP has expressed an intention of giving up the whole theory if those dates are not matched.

edit on 11-3-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

from my work page:

-------------------

Medjugorje, Garabandal, Fatima.... i am trending to think of these as:

the Woman in Scarlet who sits atop the Beast (Islam)
rather than any Divine Signs given humanity in addition to Prophecy found in Scripture

How better would 'Mystery' be popularized in a broad & accepting way, let us scrutinize
just why the West does not seek out why the promised events never seem to materialize (even at a hundred years)...

Is it because the Caliph has not yet come to power as yet?

The global force of 'CHRISLAM' (vatican-&-mecca) is still in Its ascendancy --->
and the birthing-event in the constellation VIRGO around Sept 9th, 2017 should end the era called 'Early birth pangs' combined with 'the beginning of sorrows'...

only then (post birthing of Jupiter) will the warnings & predictions of the Medjugorje, Garabandal, Fatima "Woman" come to pass...

the blood moon tetrad, & the Virgo 'great sign in heaven';
www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...
are not setting dates,

they are signs given men to know the 'season' or 'timing' prior to The-Day-Of-The-Lord

And the Scarlet Woman atop the Beast is still awaiting when Satan is finally expelled from the Throne Room in Heaven & cast-to-Earth

it will be a "hind-sight is 20/20 moment" when the Caliph comes to power & allows the Scarlet-Woman atop the Beast
(of Fatima/Medjugorje/Garabandal) allows her warnings, predictions, Omens to materialize...
the Seat of Power lays with the Spiritual Prince in Turkey...to come after September 9th, 2017 ~ how many months or years till the final-week unfolds ? ... that is the question

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
Or possibly those sets of visions are just not reliable sources of information.
If the other thread is right, we will find out this year.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Or possibly those sets of visions are just not reliable sources of information.

If the other thread is right, we will find out this year.

not reliable source... that sounds like a non-committal stance on the 'Virgin/Mother Mary' apparitions as not being 'Saints' to the Catholic Clergy but still reverenced-or-respected by the Catholic lay-person...

these visitations have absolutely no actual authority with the Church and are in no way championed as coming from Heaven...
and that is why I am toying with the notion that these Spirit Appearances are not messages sent by the Lord or the Father in Heaven
...but might well be the focal point of the Prophecy/Visions about the Whore-of-Babylon/Mystery Babylon/Woman in Red sitting on the Red-Dragon

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Disraeli, it really doesn't matter what that OP thinks personally...but what happens in reality. Thanks for quoting my thread! It means, I'm getting older if I'm getting more attention...people change with age too...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

And the Scarlet Woman atop the Beast is still awaiting when Satan is finally expelled from the Throne Room in Heaven & cast-to-Earth

For that to happen, we have to have first the birth of the manchild and his rapture to the throne of God. After which the great intergalactic war will start divided between 2/3 and 1/3 of all stars between God's armies commanded by archangel Michael, and those of Satan's followers. I don't know how much time Earth's perspective that will take. Time is relative, teaches Einstein, and still...it seems to me it will take a while more than a blink of an eye...

I will not be fast to judge apparitions, until they show what they offer in reality: a rescue way or a doomsday sacrifice scenario where people are expected to sacrifice their future generations and thus not to fiulfill the solemn pledge of God given to Abraham.

I see a possible rescue from the current deadlock in a cosmic event of organized by angels and performed by extraterrestrial fleets Rescue from planet earth, until all the fire flood is finished. ref. 2 Peter that differs significantly from bot theories of Catholic one final Judgment, protestant Second Coming followed by Millenium of peace (recently adopted by a number of catholic apparitions and their followers)...2 Peter speaks of fire on earth to consume everything while we are taken to new heaven and new earth. that is the rapture? But where goes the antichrist armies then because they will be consumed by the fire. Second Coming? Jesus to judge whom if everyone left on earth is melted by lava. Final Judgment? In Revelation and much more in the last 6 chapters of Ezekiel (after Gog and Magog war) is described in detail God's city of Jerusalem. Hardly tro pacify with Peter's fire to engulf the entire planet. Apparently Peter speaks of another event, that still the theologians of all churches miss to identify as a Separate standing event in End times Long timeline.

I'd put Peter's event before the 7 last years Trib (or the last week of Daniel). Seems the pause is not done yet. And there is another Pause that I see opening with the start of the war in heaven/universe and ending with its end (when Satan is cast to earth and starts the final Great Trib etc). The difference between the 7 years in Daniel and 3.5 years in Revelation could be explained in many ways. One way is, the first 3.5 years happen first, with a pause between them and the second 3.5 years. That pause could well be the war in heaven/space that I am talking about for years in this forum. While it could happen in a moment because of God's omnipotence, the entire story of salvation in the Bible speaks that God uses rather imperfect vessels and uses also time periods to fulfill His plan. Therefore, I'd rather think of the war in Revelation 12 as a pretty lengthy space war...

The topic is endless. Unfortunately I dont have that long time online to develop it as I'd wish to.

One last buzz to all, what happens with the defeated 1/3 planetary systems that followed Satan? they will be defeated but not destroyed because God is not a monster tyrant of universe but loving father. Who will convert them peacefully, once their military power is gone? May be the Earth...at least we have experienced the evil so well...Paul said, we humans will be judging angels. Who of the angels pardon me? Satan is already condemned. Perhaps those angels /ET who could be converted. And we really don't know who populates the trillions of star systems that slowly but surely we started discovering.

I'd wish the topic is prolonged by interested people in the churches, who should and could start thinking beyond the current deadlock. If that forums helps in that, thanks be to God!
edit on 12-3-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join