It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the Winter in Canada .. It is almost spring and we had 3 little snowfall .. WTH

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WALDOP

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by WALDOP

I knew what you were referring to, as I pointed out. But it was fairly obvious what the OP meant, there was no need for you to post something unproductive and irrelevant to derail the thread, and which to be honest was borderline trolling.

reply to post by syrinx high priest

I remember reading somewhere that the current jet stream across the Atlantic isn't flowing the way it normally would, which explains the weird weather, I'm no meteorologist though, so I couldn't explain it, lol.
edit on 20/2/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

There is a need. people need to learn to speak properly. Its getting ridiculous . They don't know the damn difference between men or man, woman or women, whether or weather, lose or loose,advice or advise and when the supposed leader of the free world says FEETS on TV and doesn't know how the hell to pronounce words properly, its a damn problem.

That is why America and Canada and the rest of the West is in dire straights now.

I assumed this was a french canadian posting in his/her 2nd language. heaven help me if I had to post in french

lighten up francis

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Just in Algeria they had 60 people who died because it was so cold
and in East Europeen country .. more then 500 hundred people recently died
because there houses are not build to isolate against cold
like our Canadians houses are

Did europe had the winter we usualy receive in Canada or what
did the pole shift already happened or what .. very weird that on the other side of the planet
they had exactly what we have for a normal winter

people are still worrying a bit ?? .. they should
the changes has started .. we cant denied it anymore
edit on 2/20/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The Japanese earthquake shifted the Earths axis slightly, and now seasons are all out of whack, I've heard people from Australia say it is cold there when it is their summer, mild here in the UK, and the US/Canada, but freezing and snowed in over Eastern Europe........

I'm sure there is a more logical, scientific reason, but the earthquake does make one think.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well I am also in Quebec near the townships, and although it is a very mild winter so far with little snowfall, it is not the first I've seen. One mild winter does not mean the end of winters. It may not be much, but I can remember at least 5 in the past 40 years. Unusual yes, unheard of, no. I remember back in '82 or '83 there was little snow and we hit t-shirt weather in early March that never let up. That was unusual to say the least, yet no one freaked out back then. This whole climate change debate has gone overboard. Weather patterns change as time goes by. They always have. Deserts turn to oasis and back to desert. Weather changes are a continuous cycle that happens all over the world, from the beginning of time to the end of time. Are some of these changes due to mankind? Probably, but most are due to nature taking it's course. If we get 5 winters like this in a row then that would be noteworthy, but such is not the case as of yet. We should all just be aware of possible changes and prepare to adapt if necassary. In an ever changing world why do we always insist thing stay the same?
edit on 20-2-2012 by halffinger4 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by halffinger4
Well I am also in Quebec near the townships, and although it is a very mild winter so far with little snowfall, it is not the first I've seen. One mild winter does not mean the end of winters. It may not be much, but I can remember at least 5 in the past 40 years. Unusual yes, unheard of, no. I remember back in '82 or '83 there was little snow and we hit t-shirt weather in early March that never let up. That was unusual to say the least, yet no one freaked out back then. This whole climate change debate has gone overboard. Weather patterns change as time goes by. They always have. Deserts turn to oasis and back to desert. Weather changes are a continuous cycle that happens all over the world, from the beginning of time to the end of time. Are some of these changes due to mankind? Probably, but most are due to nature taking it's course. If we get 5 winters like this in a row then that would be noteworthy, but such is not the case as of yet. We should all just be aware of possible changes and prepare to adapt if necassary. In an ever changing world why do we always insist thing stay the same?
edit on 20-2-2012 by halffinger4 because: spelling

People wont accept that their world is about to change for ever
many like to live in a fairy world filled with lies ..
like the truth about the 2 planes hitting the WTC
having the exact same vertical fall TWICE continuing thinking
it was Alqueada and the government didnt have nothing to do with the controlled demolition

Like Richard Dreyfuss once said .. people dont need the truth and dont want it
the media made brainwashed so many that people are simply not interested in the truth anymore
living day by day without even considering some change in their lifes
they prefer to tweet and go on facebook
then researching the real truth

sad world we live today
we cant continu to live with our heads buried in the sand

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WALDOP

Originally posted by Ben81
I dont remember any yrs we had such weird temperature
the yrs 2012 is a record for the worst Winter (no snow) ever in Canada

In UK and France .. they probably had more snow then us
which is unbelievable

The road sides are at this time high up to 6 feets of snow
now everywhere the snow is melting ..

FEETS??? Really? Seriously??/ i hope English is not your primary language or I could compare you to our illustrious and ghetto fabulous President Barack "I don't know what the # feet are" Obama.

Slow the # down, someone adds an S on a word and you think you are entitled to attack them verbally in a post, a post I might add that you are hardly pristine in the use of English language from a grammatical perspective.

slash instead of ?, i instead of I . Please find more understanding and patience with your fellow person. This world is already rough enough without being chastised for an extra S.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

Yes, pole shift. I also agree with the carbon tax being an Al Gore tool for financial success. I go one step further and see that carbon tax may have been an idea to spread the single global currency idea as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Ben81

The Japanese earthquake shifted the Earths axis slightly, and now seasons are all out of whack, I've heard people from Australia say it is cold there when it is their summer, mild here in the UK, and the US/Canada, but freezing and snowed in over Eastern Europe........

I'm sure there is a more logical, scientific reason, but the earthquake does make one think.

I am spot on with you mate. The axis change was part of all the major quakes in the last decade, New Zealand, Haiti, Chile and Japan. The magnetic pole is moving at a furious rate out of alignment (or maybe to catch up to physical shift) as it is being reported at 50M (meters, hmmm an s required) per year down into Russian area. Also, the polar ice shelf on our side (north america) is melting at an astounding rate due to increased direct sunlight.

I am in Sudbury, ON (4.5 hours north of Toronto) and I too am amazed by climate change. My family and I moved here 13 years ago to a fairly consistent -20 C with ice and snow. The snow would build-up and stay from early December. Now, there is little to none and we lose all out snow with many mid season melts. This past month we experienced rain that melted down our snow to almost grass again.

There are always going to be anomalies in weather. I feel that this consistent pattern of change is more than anomalous though. It does represent a change in the global weather due to many factors from solar activity, to oceanic current to mantle (earthquake) activity. Plus, never forget we are hurtling through space as a solar system and as a galaxy, you never know what we might encounter for variables as we truly are ALWAYS going where no man has gone before, even if we don't leave the planet to so so

Have a very peaceful and enlightening day.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This thread is regarding the weather in Canada, not language, education, nor fellow ATSers. Let's keep to the topic at hand shall we?
edit on 20-2-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

J'habite a Chicago et l'hiver, c'est tres bizzare. Il fait chaud ici aussi. Il neige moins de dix inches.

Your english is very good. I hope my french is ok too.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by daslobo
reply to post by Ben81

J'habite a Chicago et l'hiver, c'est tres bizzare. Il fait chaud ici aussi. Il neige moins de dix inches.

Your english is very good. I hope my french is ok too.

Thank you

try to improve it each day
and since at my workplace i answer many UK technical calls
im starting having a United kingdom accent ahah

French is you second language ?
didnt even notice it in the first place

normalement a Chicago hows winter ?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I think it's the atlantic ocean. the NOA. it's new to me, but I think it's like el nino, la nina, there is a positive one and a negative one.

link

El Nino and La Nina are actually events that influence weather patterns. OA and NOA are just ways of describing weather patterns.
edit on 20/2/2012 by chrismir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismir

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I think it's the atlantic ocean. the NOA. it's new to me, but I think it's like el nino, la nina, there is a positive one and a negative one.

link

El Nino and La Nina are actually events that influence weather patterns. OA and NOA are just ways of describing weather patterns.
edit on 20/2/2012 by chrismir because: (no reason given)

El nino has nothing to do with this huge temperature rise
and the huge temperature drop in europe that already killed 600 people

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I am in Ontario as well, and we sure didn't get our usual winter. I am mildly concerned because if the lakes don't freeze the bacteria level is always high the next summer and I enjoy swimming and boating.

However, there have been LOTS of winters like this. I remember learning to ride a bike after Christmas and I am just wearing a cardigan. I remember going all winter without hats or boots. I remember spending an Easter in shorts and T-shirts (a March Easter) but, I also remember looking at the weather network and seeing -22 C as the high for days and days; and the day I brought my daughter home from the hospital in 2007, the snow banks were taller than me.

I stew about so many things going wrong on this planet, about GMO, earthquakes, pollution; but a warm Canadian winter isn't rare enough for me to worry about, and I must say, throwing on a hoodie and crocs and walking to my destination, sure beats hat, scarf, mittens, winter coat, boots, scraping the car and freezing my butt off.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Shhhhhh.....winter will here you, we still have to hold on until the end of March!!! But yes, no snow at all here in Nova Scotia. Loving it. Not really sure its "global warming" etc, as parts of Europe are having an aweful winter, so its just...shifted? Maybe we are gonna trade for a while? We're so nice in Canada, we share everything. lol

Message to Europeans: Hockey will help pass the time!! Playing football (soccor) in the snow is no fun!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'd love it if Canada warmed up... my electricity bills are through the roof so I guess we do still get cold after all. Crazy when the electricity bill costs more than all other utilities and taxes combined. But talk about extremes, some days I have the windows wide open because it gets so hot in here... next day it's -30'C and below.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
just wait till you see what the summer has in store for ya

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
it's not just canada, its the usa too. When I was little, Georgia would have bitter cold winters starting back in september. We haven't had any cold yet, even the grass is still green like summer.

and damn its hot.. 110-120 during the summer, and this winter its been like 80 every day.

Sigh.. I miss winter...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just out for a smoke and saw a bunch a gnats flying around here.(Pa.)
Seen some buds on trees already.All I need now is to start seeing the Robins return.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join