It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember me, NZ girlfriend guy? Update and whole truth.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If you're not familiar, here's the thread I'm referring to:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Alright, I lied about two things. We never Skyped. When I said that we did, it was just me trying to get the thread over with because she messaged me back, same thing when I said my dad did a background check on her. (I started the thread because she didn't message me for a while after bringing the Skype thing up.) Well anyways, we messaged again like normal, and every time I talked about Skypeing, she would make up some excuse. I was skeptical the whole time, but I was so sucked in, I wasn't able to do the rational thing and break all contact. Some part of me believed she was real, despite all the evidence stacked against it. She was there for me. She listened to what I had to say, and I loved her, and she said she loved me. I said multiple times that no matter how she looked, I'd still like her, but she kept lying, saying that was her in the pictures. She still says she's coming on the 17th too. Which I doubt, because she said she had one stop in Detroit to get here. I know for a fact that you have to stop at LA though. I did some digging and found the real person in the pictures. For privacy reasons, I'll only tell you that my assumptions that she was named Karly and from Washington were correct. At that point, I confronted "Megan" about it and posted this on her wall:

Okay I hope you get this. I'm going to lay it all out. Megan, I love your personality and the way you talk to me. And I know a lot of your profile pics aren't really of you. I've known for a long time, but I still enjoyed talking to you. I just was waiting for the right time to tell you. Don't worry, I'm not mad or hurt. I won't report you or anything or tell other people. It's up to you to decide what you do with this profile. I just hope that you aren't mad and you still will talk to me, and I hope you're still coming to see me. I don't care if you're not a vet, don't have brothers, or anything, I just know that you were there for me when I needed it. So you can tell the truth, and be truthful to me. It won't hurt me. If you tell me the whole truth, all it shows is that you care. Your profile may be fake, but your real, and that's all that matters.

After a few hours of waiting, she commented saying, "I'm not fake." Then deleted her profile, and all the other fake profiles. I am still yet to find out who she really is, and that saddens me. I'm not really angry now though, I'm sort of at peace. On the upside, I've been talking to the girl who is actually in the photo's and she seems really cool, plus she's only 3 years older than me. We'll see where that goes. Maybe everything will be alright after all. I just wish I knew who was really behind that fake profile, because I still want to be friends. And I also wish the girl who's really in the pictures had a Kiwi accent, because I've fallen in love with them. I guess the message of this story is that love blinds people, no matter how smart or cold you think you are. I am still willing to do long distance relatioships though, even after all this. I will be more careful next time, and verify everything before developing feelings however. I suppose I also feel sorry for the person behind the profile. Obviously her life was boring enough to set up multiple fake profiles and spin a web of lies for three years. I guess I really did have some sort of impact on her, because I know people have found out she was fake before, and yet she didn't delete her profile(s). Well here's one last chuers bro for the road, this has been one weird az ride

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
so basically you got spun around for 3 years, rofl. I got nothing against meeting people online but, at least talk to them over phone or see them in cam before the first 2 weeks goes by..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
so basically you got spun around for 3 years, rofl. I got nothing against meeting people online but, at least talk to them over phone or see them in cam before the first 2 weeks goes by..

No lol, her profiles been up for three years, we've only talked for four months. And we did talk on the phone, multiple times for hours on end.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hello..I was one of the posters in your original thread. I, and many others tried to warn you that her profile was bogus. But, as you have said...love is blind.

I find it very mature of you, at your young age, to post this thread admitting your less than truthful postings in your other thread.

Honesty is always the best policy. I doubt she will be coming to visit you, as she doesn't have that $150,000 she claimed she had saved from her job.

She is just another lonely, insecure young girl looking for love.

Good Luck, and thanks for the update....

Des

edit on 19-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

link   
Internet dating will be the downfall of man.

link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

So, you're saying that you are a liar and she is a liar. While your confession and explanations are appreciated, I have a hard time being interested in anything that you say after reading that. Our time on this Earth is fleeting and precious, and it's not to be squandered on pursuing lies and half truths.

I hope that you'll consider being truthful no matter what, going forward. Think about it. You attract what you put out there. That you attracted someone who misrepresented herself is not surprising. It takes kahonies to live a life of truth, but it's well worth it. I really do wish you well.

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The fact that you thought that girl was a vet, or anything out of high school is a little funny. Walk away, you've been wasting your time, you now know you have been wasting your time, so who cares?

Why would you want to be with someone who lied about everything they told you, anyways? I'm not trying to sound mean, but that makes the story 100% worse. You like a girl because "she was there for you during hard times" I hate to break it to you bud, but that's what friends do, utilize them and live in the real world, not online!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Hello..I was one of the posters in your original thread. I, and many others tried to warn you that her profile was bogus. But, as you have said...love is blind.

I find it very mature of you, at your young age, to post this thread admitting your less than truthful postings in your other thread.

Honesty is always the best policy. I doubt she will be coming to visit you, as she doesn't have that $150,000 she claimed she had saved from her job.

Des

And I would have been willing to still love her too, despite all that, just because she listened to me, and seemed to genuinely care.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
The fact that you thought that girl was a vet, or anything out of high school is a little funny. Walk away, you've been wasting your time, you now know you have been wasting your time, so who cares?

Why would you want to be with someone who lied about everything they told you, anyways? I'm not trying to sound mean, but that makes the story 100% worse. You like a girl because "she was there for you during hard times" I hate to break it to you bud, but that's what friends do, utilize them and live in the real world, not online!

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. Part of me is just curious as to what she really looks like, and part of me knows that some of the things we talked about we're genuine.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

Des

And I would have been willing to still love her too, despite all that, just because she listened to me, and seemed to genuinely care.

I can't help but wonder, if this thread is just a continuation of a prank started with your first thread. I do hope you are more mature than that. Remember the old saying......

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Des

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Des

I can't help but wonder, if this thread is just a continuation of a prank started with your first thread. I do hope you are more mature than that. Remember the old saying......

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Des

No, I wish it was though. Actually I take that back, I'm kind of glad I had this experience. I sort of feel like I know more now, you know? I can't really describe it besides being one heck of a ride. Also, if it wasn't for this, I would never have found the person actually in the pictures, and she is pretty cool too, not saying anything will happen, but I kind of feel like something will. Also, I've learned so much about New Zealand and it's culture. So all in all, some good came out of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You were warned man.... everyone on that thread told you what was up and you blatantly lied to all of them.
You got dicked around for a couple of years by some loser taking you for a ride.

If the person doesn't want to skype or talk on the phone... then there is a REASON for that and that should tell you all you need to know my friend.

There are a lot of sick people on the internet... and a lot of nasty people.... you got played by either one of those types of people.

And you were also pretty hostile and rude to people on your other thread.... people a lot older and wiser than yourself and people that just wanted to help you, you didn't listen and lied to those people.

I feel bad for you... you needed someone to talk to and you thought you found someone, that is pretty nice and sad all at the same time... but seriously, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
And you should always listen to other people who are trying to help you, especially when you know you're not being honest with yourself.

You've learnt an important lesson.

I hope it helps you grow as a person.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Also, if it wasn't for this, I would never have found the person actually in the pictures, and she is pretty cool too, not saying anything will happen, but I kind of feel like something will.

Dude... just stop there.

Go outside and meet people... go and talk to a real girl, go to a coffee shop, a gig, a museum, a cafe, a movie, a paintballing session, go-karting....

Anything.... anywhere...

Just meet people near you.... try that for a change, see how you get on.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Also, if it wasn't for this, I would never have found the person actually in the pictures, and she is pretty cool too, not saying anything will happen, but I kind of feel like something will.

Dude... just stop there.

Go outside and meet people... go and talk to a real girl, go to a coffee shop, a gig, a museum, a cafe, a movie, a paintballing session, go-karting....

Anything.... anywhere...

Just meet people near you.... try that for a change, see how you get on.

I know, and I have talked to almost every single girl in this god forsaken town. Lots of them like me, but I just don't like a lot of them like that. Maybe I'm just picky, I do a lot of adventurous things and most girls would never do them with me. I enjoy fighting MMA, climbing buildings, walking around town, Airsofting, stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. Part of me is just curious as to what she really looks like, and part of me knows that some of the things we talked about we're genuine.

OMG. You are the biggest dimwit loser I have ever heard of. This cannot be real. If it is, you need a brain transplant.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

OMG. You are the biggest dimwit loser I have ever heard of. This cannot be real. If it is, you need a brain transplant.

Well that's not very nice :/ I may be a loser, but I was the first person out of all the other people before to figure out the mystery. You just don't know unless you have been in the same situation. You have NO idea how complex the web of lies was, however, there is someone behind all them, and I want to know everything. It's another mystery that needs to be solved. I won't devote myself to it, but I will keep it in my head. I'll pursue it as another weird hobby.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Now you're claiming you're actually talking to the person who's pictures they were?
Come on man,how dumb do you think people are?I was one of the posters in your original thread and your story reeked from the get go.I don't know about anyone else but I'll be sure to take any thread/post you make from here on out with a grain of salt.You're an admitted liar.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Now you're claiming you're actually talking to the person who's pictures they were?
Come on man,how dumb do you think people are?I was one of the posters in your original thread and your story reeked from the get go.I don't know about anyone else but I'll be sure to take any thread/post you make from here on out with a grain of salt.You're an admitted liar.

I lied at the very end about two things because I wanted everyone to be accepting of the relationship and I wanted to get the thread over with. We've all lied before, at least I admitted this lie, and I feel better. Yes I actually am talking to the person in the pictures. It wasn't easy, but I found her. She was very nice and understanding of the situation. You don't have to act so smug you know. The same thing could have happened to anybody else with a Facebook.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Oh man dude thats a lot of reading, that thread you linked is 11 pages long. Can we like get a rough draft of what your talking about. I mean how fake Is it..Is it Oprah related stuff fake or is it more Jerry Springer like fake.

Don't they have rules of the internet, pretty sure they do have them since I seen them before and they seem to have rules for everything so why not the internet as well. To lazy to look them up or link them, but I would bet that whatever your issues is with your NZ girlfriend, probably falls into one of the categories or one of the many rules of the internet that you should watch out for.

Who comes up with these rules anyways? Whoever it is must have no life, and way to much time on there hands. In fact I think that one of the rules. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Sorry dude,you're full of it.And no it wouldn't happen to anyone who has a facebook.I have one and I've never tried to meet anyone on there.And certainly not some chick from a foreign country

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join