It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
ATS finally decided to let me upload a picture of my Dobi.

This is my Doberman Demon. He is the sweetest Dobi I have ever met in my entire life. Out of the 6 years we've owned him, he's only bitten me once, and that was an accident from getting overly into licking my face. Does that face look like the face of a "killing machine"? Nope, not at all.
Same goes with Pit Bulls. Never once have I ever met an aggressive Pit in my entire life. My aunt works for the local humane society. Because of this thread, I called her and asked out of all the dog bite calls they get how many of them were Pits. She told me she has yet to receive a call about a dangerous Pit Bull.

Once, a few years ago, my sister and I were riding our bikes home from the park. A random Pit Bull decided to follow us home. Never met the dog before, yet when we got to our house all he did was wag his tail and lick us. Turns out his owners trained him to run next to them while riding their bikes without his leash. He followed us instead. Needless to say, does that dog need to be put down because of their 'bad reputation'? NO.

Hell, I have more scars on my body from dangerous cats and toy breed dogs than any big dog in my life. Although, I was once bitten in the face by a Golden Retriever for no apparent reason. (there probably was one, but it was so long ago I don't recall it.)
edit on 19/2/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Actually it's you who has a reading comprehension problem, that's all. I don't need to dissect statistics for you. How about you provide them Einstein. Wrong! They did train the dog, that's what you don't get. They trained them to attack and kill. You = Epic Fail bro. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lordbayfin

I agree that it could play a part. Good point. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Actually it's you who has a reading comprehension problem, that's all. I don't need to dissect statistics for you. How about you provide them Einstein. Wrong! They did train the dog, that's what you don't get. They trained them to attack and kill. You = Epic Fail bro. ~SheopleNation

Emphasis mine.

That's exactly the problem and what we're trying to prove to you people. IT'S THE OWNERS, NOT THE BREED.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have an idea......

Lets create a fighting breed of dog....

Forget we did

..................... and kill them all off for being 'evil' and aggressive...

lets not even accept corrective training as an option. Lets also ignore the fact that it is in their blood to channel bottled up energy in an aggressive manner, lets forget we are the cause of this, lets forget that bad choices are made and mistakes happen...and just react in anger towards the 'bad guy'...because after all: ITS HIS FAULT!! he did it!!! No compassion for killers, after all where has compassion ever gotten us?

lets then kill the 'bad guy' out of pure revenge. Problem solved right? No wait lets just 'ban' all the 'bad guys' from certain area all across the United States...heck, that way the shelters will kill the 'bad guys' off before they even have a chance to be bad.

wake up humanity....wake up.
edit on 12/9/2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Exactly so its the people that have the problem not the dog. You want to kill the dogs, because they're doing what their owners trained them???? How bout take out the owners and you solve the problem. YOU = EPIC FAIL. Start making owners accountable for their dogs, you make them get qualified to own a dog like this, problem goes away. But good for you, if you think killing them all is a realistic idea , as well as a solution. Just goes to show how much of a sheep you are. I bet every time you look at a statistic you take it face value and are too lazy to actually analyze it and find what its trying to tell you.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
Sorry if these stories have already been posted. Just because the media doesn't sensationalize these stories doesn't mean they don't happen.

Of course not, Because they rarely happen. ~SheopleNation

Rarely? Are you kidding me? Do a simple Google search on Golden Retrievers and Poodles attacking. There are a lot. It just doesn't get reported as much because people like you believe those dogs are angels.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

No they shouldn't be banned or forced to have a permit to own one.

Certain owners should be banned from ever owning a dog any dog or any kind of pet for that matter.

I own Pit Bulls. They are great playful loving and loyal dogs who are great with children.

I have several friends with kids and Pits and no problems,

My first Pit Bull was a rescue in NYC, He was beaten almost to death by 4 men and they tried to set him on fire , a bunch of people i know who worked around the corner came down the block and confronted them while the driver called the cops and saved the dogs life, the dog was only six months old. i came into their shop a few days later and saw the dog and they gave him to me, i' had that dog (Cody) for 13 1/2 years , what a great dog he was. loving loyal and caring part of the family.

And yes 9 out of 10 times its the owner who causes the dogs behavioral problems and they train and abuse the dog into a monster. Which you can do with any breed, but the Pit Bull is the dog of choice.

i belong to several Pit Bull Rescue groups and even the dogs that have been damaged by their owners can be turned into a great dog with work and a loving home and family. there is always to the exception as in anything and those few dogs should be put down humanely.

Dogs are animals and all animals have a wild side but people should know better and not try to create a killer through abuse and ignorance or be more of an animal then the dog.

Ignorance and misinformation is the biggest problem with Pit Bulls.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Nancy Grace? Really? But yes,I believe they should be banned.They're nasty dogs.They're bred to be the way they are.And for anyone who says 'its the owner,not the dog'. Bull# and you know it.Certain breeds are just not meant to be kept as pets.Pit Bulls being the #1 choice.

Grow up you ignoramus. You're trying to say they are bred to be baby killing machines? Pathetic. Pitbulls are a very loving, caring breed of dog. It is the owner. Did you know that a properly bred pitbull actually makes for a bad guard dog? Why? Because back in history when they were being fought, dog versus dog, the breeders would only breed the ones that didn't show human aggression. Therefore, it is in their genes, not to be human aggressive.
Myself, I have a boxer/pitbull cross and he has never, ever, EVER shown aggression towards a human. In fact, he is a therapy dog and goes to visit old-folk homes.

"In the '70s they blamed Dobermans, in the '80s they blamed German shepherds, in the '90s they blamed the Rottweiler. Now they blame the pit bull."
-Cesar Millan
edit on 19-2-2012 by CaPpedDoG because: Added quote

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

good read

Star and Flag for you .

Pits are the mondays of the dog race..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
damn that's messed up. honestly i don't know enough about this topic to have an opinion but i think people should probably be more careful around dogs like pitbulls.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarist

yes cuz this baby being killed by a pit is misinformation ...

their is a reason why when you walk into Animal heaven in Manhattan : they only have pit bulls up for adoption .
cuz of the real dogs are taken..

Red nose / brown nose/ blue nose are dumb pit breed names lol

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
These dogs are bred for fighting and are genetically predisposed to do so. The term 'pitbull' comes from their original intended purpose of dragging boar, bull-like, into pits for hunting.

Only fretful, insecure people own these animals. Ugly dogs for ugly people.

In any civil society these animals should be banned for any non hunter and from suburban areas outright. In addition, if those who do qualify to own one of these beasts has children on their premises, this should preclude them from acquiring the necessary licensing to have a pitbull. The dogs should also be restrained and muzzled at all times when not in a hunting environment on pain of exorbitant fines.

If under these restrictions the dog still happens to harm another human, the owner should be held fully responsibe; as if it were the owner's crime. This includes murder.

But judging by the US' facepalm-asinine ineffectual laws governing the ownership of even exotic animals - how many endangered Bengal tigers was it that had to be shot the other month after some suicidal loon let them roam free after topping himself? - I doubt anything substantive will ever happen to laws for owning pitbulls.

I mean, if Yan'kees cannot get something as obvious as gun control through their thick heads then...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by aorAki

What a load of garbage. You know damn well what dog we are talking about. Swim all you like, The dogs are dangerous. ~SheopleNation

The dogs are not inherently dangerous. They have the potential to be dangerous like any other dog, but it is entirely how they are raised (speaking from personal experience) that dictates how they behave. I have owned a Pitbull x. I know what I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

What is the motto of this site? Oh, that's right!

They can be beautiful, loving, caring, sociable dogs.
They have the potential to be abused, like any dog. I can't condone that. That's why I believe the owners need to be more responsible, and thus should be registered.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Here's a statistic that actually represents the dog bites. No simpson's paradox here.

According to research done by Glen Bui VP of American Canine Federation shows the following stats, which is a more accurate representation of true bite stats since it actually includes the number of fatal attacks divided by the population, which is required to determine fatal attacks based on breed.

Apx. 240,000 - 12 Fatal Attacks Chow Chow .705%

Apx 800.000 - 67 Fatal Attacks German Shepherds .008375%

Apx. 960,000 - 70 Fatal Attacks Rottweiler .00729%

Apx. 128.000 - 18 Fatal Attacks Great Dane .01416%

Apx. 114,000 - 14 Fatal Attacks Doberman .012288%

Apx. 72,000 - 10 Fatal Attacks St Bernard .0139%

Apx 5,000,000- 60 Fatal Attacks American Pit Bull Terrier .0012%

edit on 19-2-2012 by andersensrm because: quote

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've owned pit bulls and they were wonderful. Sweet as can can be. A lot of these attacks are unidentified dogs that get labeled Pit Bull by people that have a problem with Pit Bulls/just assume. If one does bite it is going to be a lot more serious because of the amount of strength and tenacity in the breed. I believe they are the most prevalent breed in America which may also have something to do with the 'high' umber of fatalities. Who lets a baby that young near ANY dog?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

People also die in plane crashes, car crashes, while camping, from Tylenol overdoses, accidentally drown, drown in a lake, get bit by snakes.

Therefor we should also ban planes, cars, camp grounds, Tylenol, water, naturally formed large volume water storage formations, and snakes. And obviously snakes on planes.

Originally posted by Sablicious
These dogs are bred for fighting and are genetically predisposed to do so. The term 'pitbull' comes from their original intended purpose of dragging boar, bull-like, into pits for hunting.

Comments such as that are not needed. Please don't act immature, and try to derail conversations.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Xieon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

This is a most unfortunate event and I am yet again extremely saddened by another "Pit Bull" attack. I feel very bad for the parents of this child however, banning a breed of any animal is insane. If a person is unwilling to educate themselves about their particular breed of dog and their dog goes out and causes harm, damage or death to anything or anyone than it's the owner that should be punished not an entire breed.

I have owned Rotties and Pit Bulls exclusively for over 20 years now. There isn't another breed of dog I would have except maybe for mastiff's. These dog's are majestic, intelligent and very brave when handled with care and intelligence. They are not breeds that should just be bought and thrown into a yard or pin and ignored. THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS THING TO DO to these dogs!!!!!. I have also raised four children while owning these dogs. My most recent are my two Pits who are being raised with my now 13 year old son. I personally have never, ever had one of my dogs of either breed ever look at my children in a strange manner let alone attack them. As a matter of fact, my daughter who is now 19 and away at college used to walk our 125 lb., Rottweiler when she was five. I always make sure that there was no inbreeding and that my dogs lineage can "Legally" be traced back at least 3 generations.

I am obviously against ridding society of Pit Bulls or any breed for that matter, I am for throwing the book at any owner who has not taken the time to train their dogs and stay on top of their job as owners.

Again, I am saddened by this and it is very very unfortunate

Meet my dogs Chako/APBT - Chako Pit Bull Society American Pit Bull Terrier

Chako, is by far the best dog I have ever, ever, ever, ever owned!!! So very gentle and intelligent. I actually learned more about this breed than ever before because of Chako!

And Shattas Staffordshire Terrier

ETA
To those who speak out of ignorance (I am not using the word ignorance as an insult to anyone) instead of complete knowledge and intelligence, please know that these dogs are NOT the problem...IT IS IN FACT THE OWNERS or BREEDERS who need to be brought to justice for murder, negligence and anything else that the law will allow when they are "ALLOWED" to inflict bodily harm, damage or anything else that is just not simply allowed. Yes, most of the time the behavior is rewarded and is encouraged by "BAD OWNERS" and "Greedy DISHONEST Breeders".

As with any living organism, there is so much that goes into raising and caring for these dogs and it's a non-stop way of living just as with a child.
edit on 2/19/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I had 3 pitbulls all at once and never had a problem with them ever. Banned no way, if you can't handle a pitbull then you shouldn't own one simple as that.

If you wanna see a violent dog why don't you go check out the German Shepards with police training should they be banned to?
edit on 19-2-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join