It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the religious that think homosexuality is a sin...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
To all the religious out there that think homosexuals are deviant, sex addicts, with an agenda to kidnap, rape, and convert your children, id like to take a minute to (hopefully) bring something to your attention that you might not have heard before.

So, here I go.

And if that wasnt enough to convince you, please enjoy some words by Hillary:

Love & Happiness

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
lol you really think these videos can change peoples minds?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
lol you really think these videos can change peoples minds?

Who knows what can change their minds?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

I am fully with you... There is some good evidence that it is congenital. Your sexuality depends on the hormone levels you as a fetus were exposed to when your were still in vitro. I can't remember the papers off-hand right now, but I will look it up later this weekend. From what I could remember, researchers could change the sexual preferences of mice in vitro, by changing the hormone levels of the females. There was a lot of other evidence for that as well in other species....

I will contribute later in this thread again when I find my reference material.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Hehe. I think we both know how hard it is to convince "them" even with cold hard facts.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So Gay people are a race and people who do not agree with them are racists? WTF!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Ya never know, untill... You Produce The Facts!

no? none? I rest my case.

OP, your title is missleading.

Christians may think it's a sin, but the rest of what you said in your opening statement... It's throwing all the rest of the garbage in with it and subscribing it to just Christians.

*sigh*

You were raised to believe murder is wrong... While I'm not comparing the two, as you have done in your opening statement, Christians have a right to look down on such acts based upon their beliefs and the tools they/we use to subscribe and reason for such beliefs.

Some sexual acts are deemed disgusting to many people. I dare refrain from saying which ones, but you get my drift. How is that any diffrent? What if it's NOT JUST CHRISTIANS...

I'm willing to bet you can find, on these forums alone, someone who is not subscribing to any kind of faith that believes it is wrong as well. Dare to try to prove me wrong?

You're free to your rant, just as anyone else is free to their opinions.

So... How bout you beat that dead horse some more.....?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni
So Gay people are a race and people who do not agree with them are racists? WTF!

I guess people like this guy are just as closed minded and biggoted as the people he blames...

Sadly, this is how the masses of people think...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It might clear things up if we put different words on different ideas, instead of using one word to express two different ideas.

For example, someone might be selfish and greedy. That's a drive to behave in a certain way. They might decide that they want be generous to people instead, so they make a point of not demanding the last piece of dessert that they really wanted to take. I applaud that person.

All of us have a tendency toward something (or things) that we shouldn't. Hate, envy, greed, anger, the list goes on. Each of us, when we recognize our own particular tendency (or tendencies) decides either to try to fix the problem or let it continue and grow, sometimes even to the point of rationalizing it and saying it's not a problem, it's a good thing.

I have no problems with anyone who has a hate, envy, greed, anger, lust, or what have you tendency. We all have one. I applaud the person that is able to control his tendencies and himself.

When we use "homosexuality" to describe both the tendency and the acts. Our thinking gets muddled.
edit on 17-2-2012 by charles1952 because: delete excess

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

Hehe. I think we both know how hard it is to convince "them" even with cold hard facts.

LOL, totally agree. At least now I live in a country that seem to be (for the most part) totally free of those prejudices.

It always freaked me out when some men commented on the act of "correcting a lesbian" by raping her, which is very common in Africa. There it is called "Corrective rape". Homosexual men just get assaulted and killed. Denialism at the strongest.

In spite of the biological aspect of it all (that homosexuality is NOT a choice), I've always wondered why so many heterosexual men feel threatened by homosexual men? Do the heterosexual men really think they are so attractive that a homosexual man would feel attracted to them???? or is it something deeper, the fear that the heterosexual men fear that they might be attracted to homosexual men....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

LOL, totally agree. At least now I live in a country that seem to be (for the most part) totally free of those prejudices.

It always freaked me out when some men commented on the act of "correcting a lesbian" by raping her, which is very common in Africa. There it is called "Corrective rape". Homosexual men just get assaulted and killed. Denialism at the strongest.

In spite of the biological aspect of it all (that homosexuality is NOT a choice), I've always wondered why so many heterosexual men feel threatened by homosexual men? Do the heterosexual men really think they are so attractive that a homosexual man would feel attracted to them???? or is it something deeper, the fear that the heterosexual men fear that they might be attracted to homosexual men....

It comes from them making the conscious decision to ignore the overwhelming scientific evidence that proves their bigotries are simply that - bigotry. Every rational person knows that there is no reason for anybody to even take anything they say seriously. I know the religious feel very strongly that people should - but if they had provided some evidence for anything they believe in at one point or another in their long history of polluting the Human species with their radical ideologys of hate then we wouldnt be laughing them off in the year 2012.

I have a friend from Oslo. His name is Terje and hes always told me such awesome things about Norway - and all the pretty blonde hotties mmmm mmmm.

In short, Norway is on my list of top five countries I want to visit

edit on 17-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

I have a friend from Oslo. His name is Terje and hes always told me such awesome things about Norway - and all the pretty blonde hotties mmmm

In short, Norway is one my top five countries I want to visit.

Lol, I also know a homosexual couple in Oslo, they are called Terje & Terje, lol. I think many heterosexual couple can learn lessons from them about respecting each other, and so on.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

I guess people like this guy are just as closed minded and biggoted as the people he blames...

And here we go......

#1. I believe that all people should be able to do whatever they want with their lives! & Yes, that includes being gay! I am a straight man and other peoples, Gayness, Racism, Bigotry, Straightness, Blackness, Whiteness, Pinkness or Purpleness do NOT AFFECT ME IN THE LEAST,

You see, I am a FREE man which also believes that you are a FREE man/woman/tranny/gay person and able to do whatever the hell you want with your life!

#2 Closed minded and BIGOTED? Refer to # 1

#3 If you actually listened to the song on the 1st video posted by the OP, there is a line that says:

"You are a RACIST..... So F8CK YOU!!!! la la la"

Which is the ONLY thing I responded to in this thread, according to the people singing, they are a RACE (Gay Race?) and people against them are RACISTS!

If you need anymore clarification, just let me know!
edit on 17-2-2012 by greenovni because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

And here we go......

#1. I believe that all people should be able to do whatever they want with their lives! & Yes, that includes being gay! I am a straight man and other peoples, Gayness, Racism, Bigotry, Straightness, Blackness, Whiteness, Pinkness or Purpleness do NOT AFFECT ME IN THE LEAST,

You see, I am a FREE man which also believes that you are a FREE man/woman/tranny/gay person and able to do whatever the hell you want with your life!

#3 If you actually listened to the song on the 1st video posted by the OP, there is a line that says:

Which is the ONLY thing I responded to in this thread, according to the people singing, they are a RACE (Gay Race?) and people against them are RACISTS!

I agree. I dont know why Lily Allen (the one who wrote and sang the song) used the word racist. Maybe just because she didnt have another word that rhymed?

But that doesnt take away from the videos message. Which is that you can deal with it. Were here. Were queer. Blah blah blah!!! *shakes angry fist at you*

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

And here we go......

I agree. I dont know why Lily Allen (the one who wrote and sang the song) used the word racist. Maybe just because she didnt have another word that rhymed?

But that doesnt take away from the videos message. Which is that you can deal with it. Were here. Were queer. Blah blah blah!!! *shakes angry fist at you*

Did you read anything that I wrote on my response? Specially this part?

#1. I believe that all people should be able to do whatever they want with their lives! & Yes, that includes being gay!

I am a straight man and other peoples, Gayness, Racism, Bigotry, Straightness, Blackness, Whiteness, Pinkness or Purpleness do NOT AFFECT ME IN THE LEAST.

So not quite sure why you would be shaking anything @ me....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And here we go......

Did you read anything that I wrote on my response? Specially this part?

#1. I believe that all people should be able to do whatever they want with their lives! & Yes, that includes being gay!

I am a straight man and other peoples, Gayness, Racism, Bigotry, Straightness, Blackness, Whiteness, Pinkness or Purpleness do NOT AFFECT ME IN THE LEAST.

So not quite sure why you would be shaking anything @ me....

No no. I think we have some miscommunication going between us lol. I dont think youre a bigot

When I said, "you can deal with it", I meant that its the videos message

Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We're on the same page

I just wished that people, and I really mean ALL people would mind their own damn business and let others live in peace...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That sounds nefarious too...as in here is the cause now we need a "Cure"!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

We're on the same page

I just wished that people, and I really mean ALL people would mind their own damn business and let others live in peace...

I have always wondered about one thing.... So many heterosexual men love chatting up women, and they accept it if a girl tells them off, yet those very same men are so offended when a homosexual man chats them up... Isn't it exactly the SAME thing?
Before you reply with a "Yes but...", I am not homosexual, and homosexual men have hit on me a couple of times, (the same as what any normal girl gets hit on by a heterosexual man), that is my take on it. Instead of feeling offended, why not feel complimented by it????

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join