It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hell no, plan 'A' it is.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Very interesting! Thanks for that. Im a little embarrassed that I didnt draw that conclusion about 'the ropes', being ex navy and all.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

Honestly I don't pay attention to the green numbers or stars or w/e... what you post about and how it's brought to our attention is what makes it valid to me.
I may not agree with someone's point of view but that doesn't mean I can't learn from them positively or negatively- so I learn either way!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Risqman

Excellent point! I should get my brother to read your post. Hes neck deep in semantics, utterly overlooking that something is learned either way. Thank you, Risqman.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Risqman

Honestly I don't pay attention to the green numbers or stars or w/e... what you post about and how it's brought to our attention is what makes it valid to me.
I may not agree with someone's point of view but that doesn't mean I can't learn from them positively or negatively- so I learn either way!

That's how it should be, we don't need praise for our posts.
If they are over looked it's the other person that suffers for not realizing they skipped over a gem.
It doesn't diminish our posts if they are ignored or even flamed by trolls.
Eventually one person might see something one of us posts and go "huh... I never thought of that".
They might not even reply, but oh well.
We really shouldn't be posting hoping for accolades, if we get them cool if not meh.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewhiteeyes
I see now how much this is like high school.

That's ok, you can come sit at my table, see my teeny numbers too? We can start our own cliche too LOL!!!!!

I think one of the main dynamics of why you get some arrogant or rude folks, especially if they got those huge numbers is simply they've been here for a long time and heard most the dumber conspiracies (e.g. Elvis is still alive and pumps gas in Vegas), and finally get tired of hearing them repeated over and over. It seems as redundant to them as all the crusader avatars seem to me (no offense, i plan on painting my own crusader better than yours!).

There's also the possibility that some of them have discovered some divine truth(s), and either out of frustration of not being able to share or explain it, or maybe not even fully understand it, they get rude or very impatient.

But I think probably the most important skill to have here is to be able to eat some crow, to show humility and know when you are wrong. I was proven wrong in another thread about a scientist I thought was credible. Well I didn't the video with the string, and along comes PheonixOD to correct me. I did more research and that user was right (and not rude to me, thanks PheonixOD). But see I didn't make a huge claim either, so I warranted some respect, and now I know not be be irrational and/or illogical in my assumptions here. This is one of the better conspiracy sites IMO and its really about getting down to the truth, and becoming better, smarter humans who make better decisions, which in turn makes this world BECOME BETTER.

But I feel your rant, I do, especially after reading some of the GLP forums. This is going to be a good experience I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Good thread...you express yourself very well. As we all know there is a lot of debate here on ATS...some members have better manners than others...I think this will always be. There will always be rude people. I personally don't mind a bit of creative sarcasm every once in a while; and I have to admit sometimes I get a good laugh.

I am curious about something. You said: "You see, I actually have a security clearance, orange." What does that mean? An orange security clearance in what?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Hey there, thanks for sharing our view. Thanks to the replies Ive gotten, Im slowly changing mine.

I answered this above (I dont mind though
) ..
Security clearances are colur coded in the military, possibly to protect thos3 with sensitive info.
peace!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

I know all too well what crow tastes like. Ive spent the last year taking a CRASH course in humility. I went from Ezio Auditore to Stephen Hawking (physically) in a flash. Im exagger8ing, but basically a spinal surgery made things worse, and Im trapped in a VERY painful body. Cant chase the girls like I used to.

This, to me, is a great place for practicing better social interaction and ettiquite. Im catching on..

Regarding the thread we were in with the 'my name on a kleenex, i fight armaggedon in my head' guy...We both extended heartfelt concern and options for escape. Sadly, I dont think thats what he wants. Some peopl3 become addicted to spiritual warfare.I should know. Too well, ugh.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I know all too well what crow tastes like. Ive spent the last year taking a CRASH course in humility. I went from Ezio Auditore to Stephen Hawking (physically) in a flash. Im exagger8ing, but basically a spinal surgery made things worse, and Im trapped in a VERY painful body. Cant chase the girls like I used to.

This, to me, is a great place for practicing better social interaction and ettiquite. Im catching on..

Regarding the thread we were in with the 'my name on a kleenex, i fight armaggedon in my head' guy...We both extended heartfelt concern and options for escape. Sadly, I dont think thats what he wants. Some peopl3 become addicted to spiritual warfare.I should know. Too well, ugh.

I feel you on the physical aspect.
A motorcycle crash 6 surgeries in 10 months and tons more.
I was stupid enough to push my friends away not wanting them to see me "weak"
I'm just now getting back on my feet after 20 ish months.
It might not seem like it for you now, but this can be a blessing in disguise, I was able to do a lot of introspection and meditation and learn much needed patience.
Don't give up, you will make it.

I can suggest a hobby maybe, I took up whittling for physical therapy because I could no longer crochet.
Other than reading a hobby that you can do with little movement will distract you and could also let you zone out and do more soul searching.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Damn, sounds like youre not having much fun, either. Composing music is my only true escape, and when pain gets in the way of that I get discouraged. Not by choice, obviously, and thankfully I have really good drugs to help with that. Legal, ha ha. It took a full year, though, so I sadly wasted this last year drunk. Thank God THATS over.

What do you whittle? Ive always wanted to design my own chess pieces.

Yeah, I pushed everyone away too. Im still working on my outlook and attitude (refer to whiny op lol). God hooks me up with a good wake-up slap every now and then, however.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Totally agree.

Sure, at first it's daunting but I've seen idiots with thousands of stars, flags and posts and a gold thing around their posts and excellent members with barely anything to their name.

The substance of the posts count, not the numbers. Case in point, I've seen a lot of idiotic and retarded posts made with a crapload of stars attached. Doesn't mean a thing.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

What do you whittle? Ive always wanted to design my own chess pieces.

Right now mostly animals, I eventually wanna branch out into mythical beasts of my own imagination and even entire scenes.
I'm toying with a technique using a clear polymer that solidifies over time to mimic water that way I can do a swamp scene, I love the Bayou and wanna do a swamp scene with gators and boats and fish.

Some of my stuff is on my photobucket.
Carvings
I also carved my avatar.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Cool tiger. Id love to see a two-headed one.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll try to remember to let you know when it's finished.
I'm gonna try and experiment with wood burning to add stripes.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This thread is terrible, ATS. 22 flags??
I happen to KNOW my other threads are brlliant. No flags.

It's NOT me, ATS. It's you. You flock to bull# drama, and fail to engage critical thinking.

And your mods? 80% are pretentious, power hungry losers.

I thought trinity was lame. Yaawwwwwwwwwwwwnn.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Totally weird that this thread popped up I just finished the tiger.

tiger
tiger pic

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

Totally weird that this thread popped up I just finished the tiger.

tiger
tiger pic

Wierd indeed, ha ha ha.

Very cool tiger. What do you use to laquer/laminate it?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I heard everyone poops

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

For the tiger nothing the person who I gifted it to prefers the natural unfinished wood.
If I'm coloring it I use a clear wood stain/sealer and use pigment that way I can make all the colors I need as I need them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join