It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I found what they were looking for in Afghanistan

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuickWick
When I was a civilian I was ignorant and liked to believe everything on this website. I thought the military were doing secret squirrel stuff, the truth is they just do normal every day activites on base. Medical, dental, shopping, groceries, and more.Yes the resources are there and long after the war is over, we might tell china to get in there and take the resources to pay our debt; however we are there to serve for the afghanis.

Also, I LOVE!!!! how you guys all talk about america, all other countries are in afghanistan, french, koreans, germans, australians, etc you name it.

Yes, all the COWS (Coalition of the willing) or does it have a new name?
Yup, changed to: ISAF International Security Assistance Force.

Ok, so we got:

Troop contributors include the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Hungary, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Croatia, Georgia, Denmark, Belgium, Czech Republic, Norway, Bulgaria, South Korea, Albania, Azerbaijan, Slovenia and Singapore.

Lots of countries there.

In 2011:

Germany: 68% think the German military should never have been allowed to deploy,

United Kingdom: 57% want all of their soldiers brought home immediately. 71% think the war is unwinnable

United States: 57% think their military should not be there

Canada: 75% think that the war has not been worth its financial cost. 60% do not believe that the "war on terror" is something that can be won

53% of U.S. military veterans think the war has not been worth fighting, while 42% think it has.

International public opinion is largely opposed to the war in Afghanistan. A 47-nation global survey of public opinion conducted in June 2007 by the Pew Global Attitudes Project found considerable opposition to the NATO military operations in Afghanistan.
In 2 out of the 47 countries was there a majority that favoured keeping troops in Afghanistan – Israel (59%) and Kenya (60%).
On the other hand, in 41 of the 47 countries pluralities want NATO troops out of Afghanistan as soon as possible.[1] In 32 out of 47 countries majorities want NATO troops out of Afghanistan as soon as possible.
Majorities in 7 out of 12 NATO member countries want troops withdrawn as soon as possible.

In December 2010, the U.S. Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, acknowledged the opposition of the public in almost all countries: Public opinion would be … in terms of majority, against their participation [in the war]

Hmmm ... and you "might" "TELL" China ... what????

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thieves.. All thieves!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by WozaMeathed

Originally posted by intheknow29
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

ive heard that afghanistan is the biggest grower and supplier of opium and thats why were there guarding the fields just what ive heard no prroof that i can find,if anyone knows more about this i would be intrested in reading on any additional post about it

Here's somemore photo's and another link for ya to show that the USA are protecting the Afghan Opium Trade.

The Last Crusade
Hey, guys, don’t pick the poppies.

That’s the order from the Obama Administration to the 4,000 Marines presently engaged in Operation Khanjar or “Strike of the Sword,” an invasion of the Taliban infested Helmand Province in southern Afghanistan.

The Marines of Bravo’s Company 1st Platoon sleep beside groves of poppies Troops of the 2nd Platoon walk through the fields on strict orders not to swat the heavy opium bulbs.

Link www.canadafreepress.com...

edit on 20-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

Not saying that they might not be,but HOW is this proof of protection ?
Could it be that they are just "passing through" ?

Its proof of Protection, as the troops would have burnt them down if they weren't protecting them. Its as simple as that.

How the world's deadliest drug feeds addiction, crime and insurgency

FrenchItalianRussian

Vienna, 21 October 2009 (UNODC) - Afghanistan has the world monopoly of opium cultivation (92%), the raw material for the world's deadliest drug - heroin. The size and impact of the opium economy in Afghanistan were documented in the Opium Survey of September 2009. Less well known is the size of the opiate trade once it leaves Afghanistan, and its impact on the world.

Link.www.unodc.org...

And some more reading for you

It’s hardly a secret that heroin is an extremely dangerous drug, with the potential to inflict considerable physical, social and emotional damage on those who abuse or become addicted to it.

But acknowledging the many ways in which heroin abuse can harm an individual is just one step toward understanding the true depth and breadth of this drug’s capacity for destruction.

In a new report, Addiction, Crime and Insurgency: The Transnational Threat of Afghan Opium, UNODC shows the devastating consequences that the 900 tons of opium and 375 tons of heroin that are trafficked from Afghanistan every year have on the health and security of countries along the Balkan and Eurasian drug routes, of countries in Europe, of China, India and the Russian Federation.

It documents how the world's deadliest drug has created a market worth $65 billion, catering to 15 million addicts, causing up to 100,000 deaths per year, spreading HIV at an unprecedented rate and, not least, funding criminal groups, insurgents and terrorists.

Link
www.drugaddictioncenter.org...

So like i said, the troops should be burning these crops down instead of walking through them.
These US/ NATO/ Allied troops ARE protecting these crops.

Herion kills more in a year than any terrorist Organisation could.

CNN) -- Afghan opium kills 100,000 people every year worldwide -- more than any other drug -- and the opiate heroin kills five times as many people in NATO countries each year than the eight-year total of NATO troops killed in Afghan combat, the United Nations said Wednesday.

edition.cnn.com...

SO YES THESE TROOPS ARE LOOKING AFTER THESE CROPS OR THEY WOULD HAVE DESTROYED THEM BY NOW IF THEY WEREN'T.
But the US government makes to much money off of them, so they will never destroy them.
edit on 23-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
No no no. I used to argue this with one of my buddies when he said that Afghanistan didn't have a lot of oil, I showed him a Popular Science magazine about all the rare metals in Afghanistan and he said no. So there you go. No means no.

Oh, and for the people that believe that the US had a positive impact in Afghanistan...here you go.

Got a better link?

(Not saying I don't agree with you - just, that your link is dead
)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

We lost iraq thanks to our fearless leader and his wonderful foreign policy of putting his friends under the bus ad running them over iraq ,saudi arabia ,israel and the whole middle was

afganistan grows heroin thats all its good for lets get out of that cesspool

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sedona5602

We lost iraq thanks to our fearless leader and his wonderful foreign policy of putting his friends under the bus ad running them over iraq ,saudi arabia ,israel and the whole middle was

afganistan grows heroin thats all its good for lets get out of that cesspool

The whole point of protecting the remergence of the opium crops in Afghanistan is so the druglords, who now control most of rural Afghanistan, will be on the western countries' side when it comes to developing extraction infrastructure for the minerals.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I am a new member.. I would introduce myself if I could work out how to do it???

I knew nothing about the mineral wealth of this poor devasted country. There are two things that strike me here, after reading the comments and following links ... Thank you ALL... I live, I learn...

The first thing I think is that none of The People of ANY of the participating 'War on Terror' countries, including the Afghanis, will EVER see any of the wealth that is acquired from this massive treasure trove.. Only the 1% will see any of THAT..

The second point I find is that, in the name of de-population, heroin, and opiates in general, are a very successful AND lucrative way of ensuring hundreds of thousands of the world's population die each year whilst making the rich even richer!:mad

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Lithium is important for the long-run (at least with current resource needs), but the heroine market is much more profitable and immediate. One should realize that no one thinks Afghanistan will ever be civilized. Between the Taliban and Al-Qaida, or any other form of radical Islam, the power structure is set to return that country to their dark ages*. (Tragic since before the radicalization, they were a near egalitarian society.)

While the poppy seeds production is a doable thing right now (after all, Usama funded his movement with the flowers)... lithium mining is absurd because it takes so much more effort and stabilization. Also, technology keeps changing and lithium will not always be as good as gold. I think this whole Afghanistan Lithium grab theory falls apart in so many places.

After all, we hear a lot about the heroine trade... but no one speaks up from the ranks about lithium... because it's not happening. It does make a greatly salacious headline though!

*And this because President Barrack Hussein Obama appears to have given carte blanche to the Muslim Brotherhood to uproot and takeover.
edit on 5-3-2012 by twoandthree because: Added footnote

edit on 5-3-2012 by twoandthree because: Added footnote

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join