It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I found what they were looking for in Afghanistan

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This has been known for many years, the U.S. found geological reports from the soviets when they invaded. The soviets invaded Afganistan for the minerals, so this information is not new but your information is obviously updated. To setup a mining company and start extracting the minerals would take about 10 years, this not counting for the terrorists issues. This is a very rich country but you need to exterminate about 95% of the population due to their dark ages mentality.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjigga
Why is this website so overwhelmingly anti american/western?

Because reality is anti-American to Americans

jswaldo-
1) The U.S. use of depletd uranium in the war in Afghanistan was very minimal. Depleted Uranium is used in anti-tank rounds...not a lot of tanks running around afghanistan.

Depleted uranium is a penetrating booster to munitions. It is used in a lot more than just anti-tank rounds. Bunker busters also have them.

And put this into perspective: When the depleted uranium detonates, it turns into dust that is blown throughout the entire region. Everybody in the region is exposed to DU, especially soldiers.

This has been known for many years, the U.S. found geological reports from the soviets when they invaded. The soviets invaded Afganistan for the minerals, so this information is not new but your information is obviously updated. To setup a mining company and start extracting the minerals would take about 10 years, this not counting for the terrorists issues. This is a very rich country but you need to exterminate about 95% of the population due to their dark ages mentality.

Terrorists to whom? It is their country. And their feudal society is their business. Democracy is not some universal paradigm shift into futuristic society as we are led to believe. A lot of people in the Middle East prefer authoritarian regimes or feudal society to Western democracy.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Among the first deposits on offer will be one of the world's largest reserves of iron ore at Hajigak in Bamiyan province east of Kabul, which was unsuccessfully opened up to bids last year.
The truth is no one is interested in exploiting the mineral wealth of Afghanistan.. putting in place the infrastructure needed to mine all these sites would cost more than the eventual pay-off. So this whole thread is pure fiction and fantasy..

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

It's more fiction and fantasy to believe the Americans and British are liberating Afghanistan, had that been the case they would have done the job years ago.

The truth is far more complex and multifaceted than we can or want to imagine...I believe is a portion of the US army that does believe in what they are doing, that they are helping those people while equally there is a group at the top that has other intentions, much like in a company where you the worker will never know the inner workings and ambitions of your peers.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by intheknow29
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

ive heard that afghanistan is the biggest grower and supplier of opium and thats why were there guarding the fields just what ive heard no prroof that i can find,if anyone knows more about this i would be intrested in reading on any additional post about it

I hope this helps.

Here's a youtube vid for you.

What a wonderful world, Hey?

Here's a quote from this link

publicintelligence.net...

Instead, they describe how troops “patrol” through and around the fields. In one instance, a US soldier even seems to be even helping with cultivation. In a recent report from Geraldo Rivera which aired in late April on Fox News, a USMC Lt. Col. indicated that US forces encourage the Aghans to grow different crops, however, out of fear of losing stability poppy cultivation is tolerated and even supported. In November 2009, the Afghan Minister of Counter Narcotics

And heres another quote from another link.

Afghanistan has been the greatest illicit opium producer in the entire world, ahead of Burma (Myanmar) and the "Golden Triangle" since 1992, excluding the year 2001.[1] Afghanistan is the main producer of opium in the "Golden Crescent". Opium production in Afghanistan has been on the rise since U.S. occupation started in 2001

Link.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's another quote

Afghanistan is, by far, the largest grower and exporter of opium in the world today, cultivating a 92 percent market share of the global opium trade. But what may shock many is the fact that the US military has been specifically tasked with guarding Afghan poppy fields

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
and heres the link
www.naturalnews.com...
edit on 20-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
if the us has dropped all this depleted uranium on the region to stop their gene pool water and all of that, wouldn't mining the raw metals out of there make the rest of us sick as well? Talk about a laptop of a flat panel LCD TV giving you rectal or testicular cancer...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

ive heard that afghanistan is the biggest grower and supplier of opium and thats why were there guarding the fields just what ive heard no prroof that i can find,if anyone knows more about this i would be intrested in reading on any additional post about it

Here's somemore photo's and another link for ya to show that the USA are protecting the Afghan Opium Trade.

The Last Crusade
Hey, guys, don’t pick the poppies.

That’s the order from the Obama Administration to the 4,000 Marines presently engaged in Operation Khanjar or “Strike of the Sword,” an invasion of the Taliban infested Helmand Province in southern Afghanistan.

The Marines of Bravo’s Company 1st Platoon sleep beside groves of poppies Troops of the 2nd Platoon walk through the fields on strict orders not to swat the heavy opium bulbs.

Link www.canadafreepress.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

edit on 20-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: MADE MISTAKE

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
i can only assume you was fishing for stars

Why do you care of the OP's motive? Why not make a positive contribution to the thread? I smell troll.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

That's simply a patrol...Not like the soldiers sit and guard the fields all day. Reason why Obama said don't pick/destroy the opium mainly because A) it's not america, it's legal there. so the laws here don't apply there aka we can't just control them like that. B) it's pretty much how people survive there, and we'd be destroying their livelihood.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjigga
reply to post by WozaMeathed

That's simply a patrol...Not like the soldiers sit and guard the fields all day. Reason why Obama said don't pick/destroy the opium mainly because A) it's not america, it's legal there. so the laws here don't apply there aka we can't just control them like that. B) it's pretty much how people survive there, and we'd be destroying their livelihood.

No, actually it is how the warlords control the land. Afghanistan is a feudal society, meaning that the land is divided into subsections controlled by lords where serfs work the land. The Americans threw money, guns and protection to anti-Taliban warlords from day one of the invasion to gain their support. The Taliban abolished opium production, but now it flurishes without the Taliban to enforce erradication and with western forces' backing the feudal lords.

Interesting fact of the day is that most of the millions/billions provided to these warlords for siding with the invaders ended up being invested in megaprojects in the UAE. A lot of those pro-US warlords now have summer homes in the Palm Islands in Dubai.

Atzil321-
The truth is no one is interested in exploiting the mineral wealth of Afghanistan.. putting in place the infrastructure needed to mine all these sites would cost more than the eventual pay-off. So this whole thread is pure fiction and fantasy..

Not true at all. These rare earth minerals are an essential asset in the long run. China already owns 95% of known REM resources. These REM resources are used in the production of high-end technology. What this means is that in the future, China can gain the upper hand in both developing high-technology and controlling where the resources go.

The Afghan strategy is the same as in Iraq. The only difference is that Iraq has a much more organized government and military presence to protect acquired resource assets (along with American-paid mercinaries and clandestine operatives), so the US was able to "withdraw" from Iraq to save face with the public perception. Afghanistan is a different story.

We are all still there to build their infrastructure, specifically roads. We are always told that we are doing this for the Afghan people, but that is a boldface lie. It is resource development and extraction 101. Corporate interests won't operate in a country without both security and efficient extraction infrustructure (roads, harbours, airports), so the imperialists forces who have remained there to this day continue to build up this infrastructure. This also includes my own country's involvement.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed

Here's somemore photo's and another link for ya to show that the USA are protecting the Afghan Opium Trade.

The Last Crusade
Hey, guys, don’t pick the poppies.

That’s the order from the Obama Administration to the 4,000 Marines presently engaged in Operation Khanjar or “Strike of the Sword,” an invasion of the Taliban infested Helmand Province in southern Afghanistan.

The Marines of Bravo’s Company 1st Platoon sleep beside groves of poppies Troops of the 2nd Platoon walk through the fields on strict orders not to swat the heavy opium bulbs.

Link www.canadafreepress.com...

Not saying that they might not be,but HOW is this proof of protection ?
Could it be that they are just "passing through" ?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Why not walk by the field instead of through it?

Why not burn the field instead of gawk at it?

Why aren't these soldiers being shot at by the landlord's militia?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well, good luck mining that with the Talibans right at your ass!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Touche---Bunker Busters munitions can contain DU. THe actual point was the amount of DU rounds used in AFG by the US is minimal. Iraq was a different story.

However that comment was a reply to a relatively small part of the thread.

More pointedly, the US is not protecting illegitimate drug field on AFG. That is the job of the Afghan National Security Forces...only kidding...

In reality, the Afghan courts are issuing much stiffer penalties for drug trafficking offenses than they are for other insurgent/criminal type offenses (i.e. IEDs that kill Afghan citizens)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
LOL...I suppose 9-11 had nothing to do with any of this??? You guys kill me. Bin Laden is dead and we'll be leaving Afghanistan starting 2013. Nothing to see here folks...just move along.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
LOL...I suppose 9-11 had nothing to do with any of this??? You guys kill me. Bin Laden is dead and we'll be leaving Afghanistan starting 2013. Nothing to see here folks...just move along.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The soldiers were nearing the farmer’s poppy field, when suddenly the man called out to them. The patrol’s leader, 2nd Lt. Jason Schlachter, asked his translator what the man said. "He says, ‘Don’t walk through my poppy fields,’ " said the translator. The soldiers did anyway. It was the shortest way to get back to their trucks.

Afghans step up effort to destroy opium fields Some GIs skeptical of eradication plan, say alternatives should be provided

Your version of the story,is how can I say,one sided ?

There are MANY factors as to WHY...............

None that fit into your line of thinking,unfortunately.
edit on 20-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You guys really piss me off. I am in the military and I just came back from afghanistan 4 days ago. We are truly there for the taliban. At first I didn't believe it either, I thought we were there for oil. But once I arrived there, my whole perspective changed. Just as we have gangs, the afghani's have gangs except they commit genocide and those are the taliban. I have seen dead people, many of us have died. I manage to comeback complete and sane. The taliban rocket and attack our bases at least 3-4 times a week. The war slows down during winter time because just as we don't like the cold, neither do the taliban; however they will give us a reminder that they're still there (ie rocket our base.)

When I was a civilian I was ignorant and liked to believe everything on this website. I thought the military were doing secret squirrel stuff, the truth is they just do normal every day activites on base. Medical, dental, shopping, groceries, and more.Yes the resources are there and long after the war is over, we might tell china to get in there and take the resources to pay our debt; however we are there to serve for the afghanis.

Also, I LOVE!!!! how you guys all talk about america, all other countries are in afghanistan, french, koreans, germans, australians, etc you name it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
EDIT: Forget it.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join