It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I found what they were looking for in Afghanistan

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This post is complete garbage. I had 2 buddies just get back form Afghanistan from the Helmand province, no signs of mining equipment anywhere. Their government is allowing us to be there, so why would the U.S. just hijack all the minerals...? Not to mention why is our economy still in the dumps then, I thought the war in the middle east was all about oil, and now these minerals. The United States hasn't gained one dollar in profit over oil. Give me a break, you conspiracy nut cases need to get a life.
edit on 16-2-2012 by jjjigga because: lol

edit on 16-2-2012 by jjjigga because: lol

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Dude its the Poppy Fields - they are running so much smack out of there it would make your head spin. Pat Tillman was going to blow the whistle on this bs but they fragged him.

edit on 16-2-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Now the opium trade is more believable, not this heist of minerals that the OP speaks of...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
No reason to invade a country, when you gain nothing. I mean its not like we did it to save each other.

Then, and therefore, the GWB & Obama presidential speeches were full of LIES as they went on and on about "humanitary" reasons for being there... solely.

The IRONY of it all, sheesh.

(What else is new? :@@

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjigga

Their government is allowing us to be there

Their American installed puppet Karzai governement after the real afghan government said to the US that they could not be there and the USA ignored and invaded.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

It's absolutely not simple. I agree.

One thing however people love to ignore is that originally there was complete support of going into Afghanistan which was an occupied country. It was Iraq that was controversial.

Now the same people pretend that they never supported it.

Dishonesty is not only rampant in politicians, it's rampant in partisans and activists as well. Activists are like bothersome little gnats who annoy but do little harm. I know, I was one in my youth before maturing.

It's disingenuous to even try and relate the situation in Afghanistan to other areas. Authentic Terrorists are always only hours away from access to nuclear weapons in Pakistan. The whole world has a vested interest in that area. The Pakistani government barely has control on the best days.

I believe that is the most dangerous spot on the globe. Iran knows that if they let a missile fly they are toast within hours. The only thing that will happen there is surgical strikes and Iran chest thumping. Afghanistan / Pakistan though is a whole other matter. If the wrong people gain control, they don't care that they will be a cinder like Iran would. They would be happy to die if they could wipe out a Western city. They would happily kill all their citizens to make a point.

We leave, Russia or China will end up in there anyway. No matter the propaganda, they are just as nervous about that as we are. The rest is just political spin in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by jjjigga

Their government is allowing us to be there

Their American installed puppet Karzai governement after the real afghan government said to the US that they could not be there and the USA ignored and invaded.

What real Afghan government?

They were occupied for decades by various groups. There was no government. Only occupiers ruling with guns. It was not even a real country, but instead an area of land without a central government.

I do agree about Karzai though. Why we mess with somebody as two faced as him amazes me. The day we leave, I'm betting he leaves again as the Taliban occupies Afghanistan again. The Taliban will go in and slaughter a few thousand as a lesson and then be right back where they were in that country without a real government I think.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Real Afghan goverment? HA, if you want to call a corrupt taliban influenced/led an actual government, yeaaa okay. Karzai was voted in. With the help of coalition forces the taliban have lost if not almost all political influence in Afghanistan.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan [...]

Older than Methuselah.

:yawn:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjigga

Why do we have to meddle in their affairs and tell them how they should run their country?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Good question, it's because we're the big bad nice world police that's why. The United States and nato is ridding all the dirty goverment afghan officials along with those taliban in the population, trying to give the good people of that country a chance to live their lives comfortably and without living in terror. On the other hand I agree with you, we should get the hell out of Afghanistan. Once we leave the taliban will just spring up again like we were never there, you can't kill an idea.
edit on 16-2-2012 by jjjigga because: .

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjigga

All I can really say to you is.....stop whatever it is you're doing and go read some religious books!!! then some other history books!!!! then get with the present times aka the here and now!!!! you're crazy if you think we're over there to make the people's lives terror-free. Crazy.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Your wrong,and this is very old news.(USA,CIA) in the drug buis.and why else would we be there...?It dont take much brains to see the facts.Were not helping them grow just coffee.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

We've been in Afghanistan for a decade trying to pretend that what doesn't need to happen is that it is broken in to administrative constituencies that are managed by real bureaucrats for 40 or 50 years until the populace is brought into some semblance of order.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Correct, they found it - and gave it to China in 2007;
Read this
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Those troops won't be there forever infact they're allready making plans to leave. I predict another civil war when NATO pulls out and in 10 years those minerals will still be in the ground.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

It's absolutely not simple. I agree.

One thing however people love to ignore is that originally there was complete support of going into Afghanistan which was an occupied country. It was Iraq that was controversial.

Now the same people pretend that they never supported it.

Dishonesty is not only rampant in politicians, it's rampant in partisans and activists as well. Activists are like bothersome little gnats who annoy but do little harm. I know, I was one in my youth before maturing.

So you're angry with people who initially supported going into Afghanistan, but then changed their minds.

It depends -- how much did the original supporters understand? If they believed the official story from the US government, they did not have much info to base an opinion on. They were told that al Qaeda was responsible for 9/11 and al Qaeda members were holed up in the mountain caves of Afghanistan.

Maybe these former supporters of the Afghan War found reasons over the last ten years to question the motives of the US government.

It's disingenuous to even try and relate the situation in Afghanistan to other areas. Authentic Terrorists are always only hours away from access to nuclear weapons in Pakistan. The whole world has a vested interest in that area. The Pakistani government barely has control on the best days.

I believe that is the most dangerous spot on the globe. Iran knows that if they let a missile fly they are toast within hours. The only thing that will happen there is surgical strikes and Iran chest thumping. Afghanistan / Pakistan though is a whole other matter. If the wrong people gain control, they don't care that they will be a cinder like Iran would. They would be happy to die if they could wipe out a Western city. They would happily kill all their citizens to make a point.

We leave, Russia or China will end up in there anyway. No matter the propaganda, they are just as nervous about that as we are. The rest is just political spin in my opinion.

I agree that you cannot compare the Iraqis to the truly primitive Afghanis. It's a given that as soon as we pull out of Afghanistan, others will take over -- either Islamic extremists or China or Russia. It would be interesting to see how the Chinese would deal with the unmanageable Afghanis. They did not have much patience with the Uighurs within China.

We have wasted ten years of blood & treasure on a futile task, if that task was to civilize Afghanis into model citizens of a democratic Afghanistan. I would prefer to think we Americans are not that stupid.

edit on 17-2-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Old topic,but still relevant.S&F for ya.
War has and will always be fought for resources as history has shown us.Anyone trying to tell you otherwise is fooling themselves.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Ladies and gentlemen, who are they capturing? I believe I have the answer. This has probably been posted many times, but I want to really emphasize the extent of this situation:

Already emphasized ad nauseum......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETC........

I thought something new was being offered.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Hate? Is the reality so scary to you? If the US was really all about ending violence and fighting wars for human rights, then why is the US in the middle east and not Africa?

Good point. Our foreign policy stinks on ice.
But we're talking about why we invaded Afghanistan.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join