It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA allow the children to eat rats.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

That's heartbreaking. In some situations it seems like once you get knocked down once here it just keeps going and going.

I'm sorry you had to go through all of that.

I would like to commend your thoughts on helping others,, you are obviously a good hear ted person. I hope life continues on positively for you

And maybe you should write a book

edit on 2/16/12 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Unity_99
Wonderful thread. A country that does not look after its own has no honor, its a brutal hellzone instead.

How can a thread repeatedly quoting a lie be a great thread? the kid did not say she ate a rat! listen again! the OP is the only one saying the kid ATE a RAT!

A thread based totally and titled by a lie should be removed.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

Actually, she did. Listen again.

2nd.

Ok I listened again. The girls says "My Mother ate rats" "Once" "Sad"

Please tell me how i am missing anything here?

Do you think this is a true statement? From the OP?
"The usa is the land of freedom where children are fed the rats freely.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Now I understand how you came to believe...?

"The usa is the land of freedom where children are fed the rats freely. "

And why you misconstrued my statements so completely.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't doubt people are eating rats in the USA. I have a buddy that has no gas. It's Febuary in Michigan and he hasn't had hot water or heat all winter. He supports 3 people on $8000 a year including his mother that has cancer and no insurance. Theres people far worse off then him in Detroit. America is great if you can afford to live in the most expensive country on the planet.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
OP you didn't reply to any of our posts. You wrote a life story.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaughterOfARevolver

That is pretty narley.... *yuck! most of the USA is like this from my experience. I live in CT driving up to places like upstate NY where people are extremely poor was really depressing....Everything from the run down buildings, to the people in the rundown mall who reeked smell so bad... to people chilling out on their porch,---presumably because it was summer and no one could afford an AC.. spent 1 week up there.....never again.. I like wealthy Connecticut!

Ive also been told how poor some towns in the Appalachians are, my grandfather always talks about how he ate squrriel as a kid in OH.

It is sad you dont see many charities on the tele for poor US children, its always for the starving children abroad, I guess we in the US are just expected to survive, a kind of blue collar attitude. I been told squirrel taste like nut or smoked meat, rat cant be to bad.

the part about the poor foreign kids is right on. Everytime I see those commercials it pisses me off. Kids walking around the dump that one assumes is their home. They look faded, the clothes and the kids. You rarely see any adults. Strangely their raggedy clothes look kinda clean for being hand washed in dirty water, one can assume it's from the same source as the drink dirty water they have to drink? I've seen some of the kids wearing gold earrings. And for just 25 cent a day they can have clean water, food and go to school.

25 cent a day will definately not get you far here. There are no commercials because they know that 25 cent a day doesn't really get you jack.

We need to focus on solutions to help our own before wondering "what I would say to Isaac if he walked up to me on the street and asked me to help him"? and if I would "turn away?" They really know how to tug on your heart strings...too bad I'm a ultra cynical bytch who has been known to overanalyse situations.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

LOL this video is the worst propaganda I have ever seen. There is NO ONE starving in the USA. Unless the parent is neglecting the kid, but that is where CPS comes in.

If you make less than 11,000$ a year you can get on food stamps with NO problem. No one is eating rats..I'M FROM CLEVELAND I KNOW ALL ABOUT POOR PEOPLE. Cleveland is Detroit jr. for all the ones that don't know.

There are so many food pantries on top of the food stamps. Plus if you are pregnant there is WIC, that GIVES you food and diapers. If you have underage children you can get MONEY just for them being alive if you are poor.

So that is
1.WIC (free formula, diapers, and doctor vists)
2.Food stamps (Hundreds of dollars per each kid + adults)
3.Welfare(Free money if you have kids, LOW income housing, reduced utilities, and on and on)

edit on 16-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

No one starving in the USA? No, sorry,

“Fifty-five percent of food-insecure households participated in one or more of the three largest Federal food and nutrition assistance programs ( USDA 2008, p. iv.) The programs are the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the new name for the food stamp program (Wikipedia 2010), the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) (Wikipedia 2010), and the National School Lunch Program (Wikipedia 2010). “

Quoted from: www.worldhunger.org...

And Child services have fallen through many times. Personal experience and watch the news, just the other day child services took two children to a “supervised visit" and the man locked the worker out of the house and then blew it up. It wasn’t just the workers fault for being locked out of the house, but the fact that it was reported by the children’s aunt that their father was acting out of character being he sent her an email on what to do with all of his belongings after he was gone. Also, the worker who took the children for the visit waited 6 minutes to call 911 after she had been locked out and she heard the children crying inside, when asked of the address she was at she didn’t know and had to look in her car but couldn’t find it for a couple minutes. Here is a link to the report:

www.usatoday.com...

So, it may be the case in some states to get food Stamps NO problem and sure social services work usually but not all the time in every case.

You can’t say it’s that easy for everyone. Sure if you have kids it is much easier, and since this post refers to a Child eating a rat, (that seems just like propaganda reading others posts), they by all means should have received some form from the state but that also goes on to how much. As others have stated, and again know from personal friends, you may get something, but who is to say it’s enough?

As for the WIC, Medicare also covers doctor visits, and they both only cover some of the formula and dippers you will need for a moth, you also can get vouchers for milk, juice and fruit. It’s not much really, something, but don’t expect that to last you till the next voucher. Welfare? I don’t know of them giving out money for kids, but I haven’t looked into that, as for the low income housing yes that’s helpful but as for reduced utilities its only by 20$ or so. My mother told me about that crap all the time being in the winter in my old state they can’t shut the heat off on you even if you don’t pay the bill, so she wouldn’t pay it all winter then use the voucher in the spring when she had to pay. She would go on and on to her case worker how behind she was because they didn't make enough money. -.- Really just irked me so much. Anyway!

SO yes, people do go hungry in America, No you can’t always get help from the state, or help from child services. While this article may be propaganda, it’s message is still fairly valid in a sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Rats are actually pretty healthy to eat if they had a good living environment, atleast it's healthier than all the GMO crap you'll find today, But I don't recommend eating sewer rats tho..
edit on 17-2-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedallimn22

SO yes, people do go hungry in America, No you can’t always get help from the state, or help from child services. While this article may be propaganda, it’s message is still fairly valid in a sense.

People can help themselves too, like not having more babies when they can't afford them. The tubby blond boy in the video is all worried that they don't have food and he went to bed without supper "once" because his parents didn't fix anything. But Mom is having another kid.

So many of the poor keep having kids because people then feel sorry for them (my mom had 7), even if they were unwilling to take a job offer or even try to do anything. (my mother never took a job her whole life)

The kid never said she ate a rat and we don't have any idea of the context of her Mother eating a rat...once...she could have been trying Asian food for all we know, they often eat (and enjoy) many things we call repulsive

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ok, have not posted here in a while but this story caught my eye as it strikes very close to home. Apologies in advance for the length but as I have said before, if you want to say something then take the time to spell it out, and not leave people wondering what you really meant to say.

I deal very closely with welfare and food banks etc. in the western US. And while all the programs people talk about here are available most of the time, there are those that can't or will not take advantage of them. However like many have pointed out this is usually (I think 100%) the fault of the parent being too lazy or too proud to ask for assistance. As pointed out the kids in this video were far from starving. The children I see daily at the food banks and homeless shelters, while not as bad as the ones you see in truly abject conditions, are a far sight worse. These kids were not starving, but this does not change the fact that there are indeed children in the US that are. Once again I believe it is 100% the fault of the parents not getting the assistance that is available to them.

As many have said the mother ate the rat, not the girl. And in many countries rats are actually raised as a staple food. It is not the rat itself that is dirty and disgusting, but the conditions it lives in. Like sewer rats, compared to a field rat. So eating a rat is nothing if the rat was not disease ridden. I have eaten rat, dog, horse, squirrel, rabbit, deer, squid, octopus, insects, and many other things some people deem "icky." I have not always liked it, but usually found that the thing I did not like was a matter of preparation. If the food is prepared in manner that you are used to it is palatable. And if not then you will find it unappealing. So no I do not find eating a rat to be at all odd.

The problem with starving families the world over, including the US, is not that help is unavailable, but that it is run by the government. There is so much fraud, waste, and abuse in these programs that what help there was to begin with is diluted by the time it reaches the intended recipients. Instead of looking to the Federal Government (in the US) or whatever national government is referred to in any other country, this is a problem that needs to be handled at the state or even city level. Translate this into whatever terms fit the country of your choice. When the source is a far removed entity like the federal government there is no oversight on how the aid is used. There is no local system to ensure a welfare check is not spent on drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, T.V., Internet etc. So it gets abused quite regularly. These unnecessary purchases will vary from country to country but the fact remains most “Aid Money” is wasted on crap, or never actually reaches the people who need it. It is siphoned off by corruption and red tape until only pennies remain.

And while I am not an Obama fan and in fact really do not like him as a president much, I could not help but notice the spin this video had of implying he was to blame for the starving children. In my opinion this was more of a political stab at Obama than anything else. Sensationalize a topic, and then casually toss his name in there implying it is his fault to further some agenda. Now if it works to ensure a new president come election day I’ll be glad, but I do not see this problem is in any way Obama’s fault or even that of his administration. It is a fault of the entire system of having welfare that is a national institution rather than a local affair.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Clean water, nutritious food, fuel for warmth or cooling, healthcare & adequate shelter..these things are basic human rights for everyone...planet wide. It will not continue the way it is..do you understand?..this avarice ladened ideology. The house of cards is falling so get ready for a more compassionate, loving, equitable world..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join