It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA allow the children to eat rats.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by emberscott

You say this and yet the child had to eat the rat. Who is keeping the truth here? You or the child?

"had" to? I think not.. the obviously biased reporting doesn't explain the specific circumstances which led to a child having to eat a rat.

You are not to think. You are to know. When making such bold assumptions. To do otherwise is a blatant display of true ignorance. It appears as though you would fight the reality of this disgraceful attribute of the civil society you represent. Is it to be understood you would to do this in an attempt at obscuring your personal responsibility in the neglectful, lacking contributions you offer you civil society?

So I ask you again, Who is keeping the truth? You or the child?

You are not that observant are you. Where is that oh so impressive perceptibility of your 'Scholarly' '32º Master Mason' title you have set upon yourself?

Clearly my intellectual capability to read through BS news reporting far exceeds your own, regardless of the "titles" I place upon myself I strive to "Deny Ignorance" In the United States (which from your poor ability to organize the English language I'll assume you're not an American?) there are so many social programs that the only reason .. the ONLY reason a child would EVER be in such destitute poverty is the purposeful and forceful coercion of a parent to create that situation for the child.

The extent of your acclaimed intellectual capacity is quite clearly displayed in your, ineptly performed, literary construct. I imagine you, as you sit there at your keyboard, are quite proud of this and are currently reveling in the acuity of sensation brought on to you by such an awe inspiring mastery of the language you adore. How precious.

Whether I possess the linguistic mastery of the American version the english language is of no practical significance. By addressing this you have attempted to denigrate my ability to effectively communicate in a manner in which you can understand.

Well, do you feel you have succeeded?

You can validate this how? You know this child and those that foster this child? Stand the conviction of your statement and validate this.

It's a FACT .. a fact ... I repeat a FACT that all states have some form of food assistance programs for children, and that, in the worst case scenario ( a child living off of rats) ALL states have Child Protective Services to remove the child from the care of their inept parents.

Given you have yet to validate your claims, I will remain in supposition that your use is of the word "FACT" is used in the manner as to assert a proposition that may be either true or false, as contrasted with an evaluative statement.

Oh of course. I should have known. There is always this kind.

Dumbass.

If I am correct this is your retort to observation of your own hypocritical display by offering it to you in your own wording. While I find it short and simple, it is nevertheless contrived of pure idiocy, ungraceful and as much poorly executed.

To think you had the audacity to use the word "inept" in such a harshly judgmental description of someone other than yourself.

In quiet reflection, I am somewhat astonished with my ability to properly utilize this American version of english. This Trans-cranial Direct Current Stimulator is working quite nicely. I would like to recommend it to you.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Wonderful thread. A country that does not look after its own has no honor, its a brutal hellzone instead.

How can a thread repeatedly quoting a lie be a great thread? the kid did not say she ate a rat! listen again! the OP is the only one saying the kid ATE a RAT!

A thread based totally and titled by a lie should be removed.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Two simple questions before I respond further to your rant..

What country do you live in?

Do people go without meals in your country?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I watched the video here and I can't see where you could possibly believe that little girl HAD to eat anything but the normal food anyone else eats. The only way she HAD to was if her mother MADE her and that would be a serious case for their Child Protective Services to check into under the American system.

I did take a couple things away from the video though, since you posted it. One, every kid in that video was obese. I don't mean morbidly so, or tipping the charts. They were all overweight though. The boy sitting above the girl and the one you can see before clicking play is outfight chubby. No offense..but we're talking in the context of 'having' to eat rat? That little girl also had a 'full' face, to be very gentle and nice in my description. There was sure no one starving in that crowd. No where near it.

The other thing I took away? At LEAST the little boy for certain and probably the girl too were blown on what I'd guess was the ADHD drug of choice for their doctor. You'd think the little boys eyes were black for how far his pupils are blown and close up (400% magnification) you can clearly see their brown..but radically dilated for what are obviously bright lighting conditions.
I couldn't get as clear a look at the girl's eyes but I didn't see any color readily visible there, either.

So..without meaning to, you probably highlighted 2 entirely different problems America DOES have. Overweight children and kids on drugs...Rx, I'm sure but still drugs. There sure wasn't any rat eating from a lack of food in their daily diets though. Wow...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Well said.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
lol @ fat kids saying they are starving

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Why are you ignoring all the logical posts from Americans that are saying this is horrible propaganda?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Why are you ignoring all the logical posts from Americans that are saying this is horrible propaganda?

You too are ignoring reality - there is poverty in every country and it will get worse very soon. It is propaganda that divides us - rise above it. Get out of the box.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

I don't feel like this is a personal attack on me. I feel like it's a blanket judgement that puts everyone in the same bed. On the same level. You wanna put the blame on certain people for making kids eat rats, great, I'm right there with you. But don't make the mistake in thinking that it's EVERYONE'S fault because not everyone in America is on the same level.

If you're going to attack me, attack what I say, not my use of words like "we" I" me" "and", etc... That kind of nitpicking doesn't add to the converstaion much.

Actually I did aim well and I hit my mark. Funny thing is, you didn't seem to feel it. You didn't get the jist of my post which was that CERTAIN people are responsible for this and they are in the minority. You think most of the kids in the U.S. eat rats? They don't. A vast minority actually but since this type of thing makes for a juicy news story they throw it on the air to get good ratings because it will jerk on peoples' heartstrings. And people like you will make a mountain out of a mole hill and try to make it out like the U.S. is the most despicable place on earth. I can think of worse places to live.

I'M responsible for "the kid eating the rat." Sounds like you're using this whole thing as a metaphor for how I'M responsible for the decay of this country. Thanks for the vote of confidence buddy but I really don't have that much power.

Sounds to me like you live in a country where the ethnic origins of the population are pretty much, if not exactly, the same. Norway for example. Therefore, you're all pretty much on the same page when it comes to handling social issues and, if that's the case, I can understand your point of view that ALL people are responsible for the state of their country. Because that's the way it would actually be in countries like that.

But this is America. We're a melting pot remember? We have citizens scattered all across this country that represent alot of different countries in the world. And the thing is, after something like this happens for 200 years how do you acclimate yourself to the "American way of life"? For all intents and purposes, there is none anymore. You have pockets of different ways of life all over the place. You gonna blame me for the Vietnamese, or other people of South Asian descent, in Los Angelos for letting their kids eat rats? It's a part of their culture because it was pragmatic from them to do that in their home country. Just because they now live in America doesn't mean that they now majically have more money. I really hope you don't believe that. And to try to blame me personally for letting some stranger make their kid eat a rat......it almost sounds like you're being sarcastic. You can't be for real.

There is no "United" States of America. There is no united "we" here who as a collective get things done or not. This isn't "The Borg". The best way I can describe this is that people in Missoula Montana are going to have a different set of priorities on how to live their lives than people in Miami. Why? Because the culture of people in those two locations are as different as the countries they come from. You may as well be blamimg people in Montana for race inspired riots in Miami because they feel the police treat Cubans like second class citizens.

My advice...get more of a world view before you make statements like the one you did in your OP.

And just for the record, I do apologize for calling you ignorant. I was having a bad hair day and you got the business end of it. My post wasn't meant as a personal attack on you because I don't know you personally.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Unity_99
Wonderful thread. A country that does not look after its own has no honor, its a brutal hellzone instead.

How can a thread repeatedly quoting a lie be a great thread? the kid did not say she ate a rat! listen again! the OP is the only one saying the kid ATE a RAT!

A thread based totally and titled by a lie should be removed.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

Actually, she did. Listen again.

2nd.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Yeah, Ok.

Just ignore all the social programs there are for people in poverty. Ignore that poor kids get free meals in public schools as well. Ignore food stamps, ignore WIC, ignore welfare, ignore charities, ignore food pantries......

I only lived most of my life in one of the poorest cities in the USA.... I guess I never lived in reality.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I for one am beginning to think that he knows it's true.

One part of wants to say he's a troll, but he's putting too much time and thought into all this. It's starting to sound like he's being paid by someone to put this point of view of "his" on a site as big as this one. Possibly to keep the propoganda alive for some political purpose.

I just find it hard to believe that someone could be so socially naive, yet so adamant about their point of view.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

reply to post by quedup

Yeah, Ok.

Just ignore all the social programs there are for people in poverty. Ignore that poor kids get free meals in public schools as well. Ignore food stamps, ignore WIC, ignore welfare, ignore charities, ignore food pantries......

I only lived most of my life in one of the poorest cities in the USA.... I guess I never lived in reality.

Well put on that. The United States has many problems to solve...but starvation isn't among them. Not yet anyway...

I wonder what people in areas of the world that know true hunger and starvation, where people commonly die directly from it, think of reports like this..showing overweight kids and talking about America starving them.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I for one am beginning to think that he knows it's true.

I think you are correct. I asked two very easy to answer questions in the most polite way, yet they went unanswered while the OP was still online. Cheers, I enjoyed reading your replies throughout the thread, as they were well thought out and worded, and in my opinion, even the point where you called the OP out for ignorance.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

100% agreed. That video would be insulting to people that ARE really starving.

Go to ANY ghetto in the USA. You will NEVER see this....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yes - sounds like you had it tough and yes you do have reality and you have a voice but use your voice after you use your ears and think how best to direct it because every word you speak is like throwing a pebble in a pond - the ripples spread far and wide - so use that pebble wisely and throw it in the right pond because when those ripples hit the shoreline they come rolling back.

You young ones are the future - you have technology that can connect you in ways never imagined not too long ago - use it to your advantage but also to the advantage of all who struggle in life - they are ever where!

The most powerful tool you have in your box is - discernment!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

I don't know what part of the USA you live in ,but here in Ohio that number sounds right!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

What does that have to do with social programs in the United States preventing from anyone from starving?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This thread to me is full of propaganda and does not represent the truth.

I just have to wonder why anyone would create such a thread.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Because Propaganda works - it is the perfect tool to divide us.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join