It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer has a heart attack at the errr Heart Attack Grill...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Diner suffers cardiac arrest while eating a Triple Bypass Burger in restaurant called the Heart Attack Grill

...on Saturday the inevitable happened when a customer suffered a cardiac arrest in the chain's Las Vegas branch. An onlooker captured video of paramedics wheeling the unidentified man, thought to be in his 40s, out of the fast-food diner.

He was midway through eating a 6,000-calorie Triple Bypass Burger when he began experiencing chest pains.

The restaurant chain - founded in 2005 used the catchphrase 'Taste Worth Dying For!'

I guess they cant be sued for false advertising...

edit on 15-2-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Irony.

However, this just illustrates how unhealthy most Americans eat. The fact they even call it a triple by pass burger is absurd, like its cool to see how much unhealthy crap you can eat.

Its sickening.

vvv

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I have absolutely no sympathy for the man, gluttony at it's worse. At more than 4 times the daily calorie recommendation, I will even go as far as saying the guy got what he deserved.

There should be laws against food places like that though.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
haha oh man, there must be a God

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

What a terrible generalization. Americans arent fat.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
funny story,

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
this is hilarious!!!
who the hell would TRY to eat such a thing?!!!
obviously the fellow didn't care about his health. just another (funny) story on the super size me ,great american diet! maybe he should have washed down with a gallon of coka-cola!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I thought that place got closed down because a few years ago their spokesman, a mobidly obese young man died of a heart attack.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I have absolutely no sympathy for the man, gluttony at it's worse. At more than 4 times the daily calorie recommendation, I will even go as far as saying the guy got what he deserved.

How about 3 times the caloric intake, at least in the US - based on a 2000 calorie diet. That said, fair enough and agreed - we're responsible for our own actions.

There should be laws against food places like that though.

I'll have to soundly disagree there - restricting liberty is not the proper answer, and there are plenty of people who eat in such places occasionally as a special treat, to no ill effect. The proper response is not to limit people's options or impose controls, but it is to recognize that IF any related medical effects are a result of a diner's diet or other healthy habit, THEY are responsible for their own condition.

I'll never understand people who always want to make something they disagree with illegal - prohibition, of pretty much *anything*, always seems to have more undesirable unintended consequences and fails to address the root issue in the first place - doing more harm than good. And I would assume that you may also have some bad habits others disagree with...would you want them getting access to any sort of authority and deciding your habits are worth making illegal?

Take care.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

amazingly - i am lost for words - 6000 kcal in a single resteraunt meal is simply obscene

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What can I say, I am choked !

or maybe that was the burger I just choked on.

Seriously how can someone actually eat all of that crap ?

Are people that depressed ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Yes, lets make another law to decide what and how much you can eat. Then, we can make another law for people that may want to stay up all night, and then, how much you can drink. 1500 calories? Where did you come up with that? 2200 is the norm for some people.

Do you know that world class swimmers may have a daily intake of 12,000 calories a day. Runners can average 7-8,000.

If you look at different eating establishments you will find that places like Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill and many others will have entres that are 3-4,000 calories alone.

We are fat in this country and the rest of the world is catching up, but you can't dictate what people can and cannot do based on your observations. Everyone has a different motabolism and burns calories differently. My girl friend weights 105lbs and is 5'2". She can out eat me 2 to 1 and never gain a pound.

Lets just frown at this guy that had the heart attack and know that as an individual we are smarter than he is. And we can make that dicision on our own without the help of the government. Ya gotta love sheeple.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The unhealthier the food the manlier!
Well, that's what the media is trying to feed us anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RADAST

OK, so I might have over exaggerated the calorie intake, but the rest of my statement stands.

Also, the majority of people going to these places aren't Olympic whatever that need extra calories, the are glutinous fools who need new laws to protect them from themselves. I have seen what happens when people eat to much and balloon to morbidly obese levels, and it aint pretty.

There is sheeple, then there is common sense, that which you obviously lack.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What a stupid name anyway, with a stupid bad taste theme, (excuse the simile) not a bit funny, and not the place to bring you granny into. We had a new place here called 'Cod Almighty' and the food was actually very good..it lasted one season. It was run mostly by Chinese, and I guess nobody told them they were punning a very english language expression.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't think telling others what/how much they can eat is the right way. If I was going to eat 10,000 calories a day (aside from being dreadfully ill after) who would stop me? Sure, people could attempt to reason with me, try to educate me about the things I am putting into my body etc, but if I was determined to do it, I wouldn't listen and I'd go ahead with it.
There's also a psychology behind it.
Take for example, the consumables that are marketed as NOT FOR WOMEN or NOT FOR MEN, and that gender thinks... PSH whatever, I'll have it anyway.
It's kinda the same thing. If this thing has a name like The Triple Heart Bypass, you don't (usually) think "Holy cow, that will kill me", more something like, "I'll take that with a side order of everything, I'm hardcore me."

It's not just the food that is the issue, its the way its presented.

top topics

join