It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All crime should be punished by death.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Your entire argument is a failure due to the simple fact that "crime" is defined differently by each person and by each generation...not to mention culture. Law is irrelevant in this discussion. Why? Law is a man-made "theory" and it varies from place to place, from age to age, and from culture to culture.

There is one good thing I see from this thread and that is this.....A Warning. You have all the qualities of a tyrannical dictator and I hope against hope that you do not ever obtain a position of authority. You are seeing this matter from the only point of view that matters to you....Your Own. All tyrants have this same point of view.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well, OP Mandroid, seems you're either Mr. never-done-no-wrong or Mr. never-got-nor-ever-will-get-caught-for-the-wrong-that-I-do. Do you wish to live in a world populated only by yourself?

Are you a soulless sociopath, psychopath, or other mental defective who lacks all capacity for empathy and compassion for your fellow human beings and sentient creatures? Do you torture insects and small defenseless animals? Do you wish to carry out the executions of jaywalkers yourself, up close and personal so that you can feel and revel in the fear, smell the sweat, see the crushing of flesh, hear the breaking of bone, see the steam rise from the spilt blood and become intoxicated by its odor?

When it's down to you and another as the last two surviving humans, which one of you will be the law giver?

The "droid" part of your moniker seems perfectly appropriate as a description of your mentality.

Does this sound like a harsh assessment of you?

You're the one wishing death on others.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Crime is just a price we pay for living in a free society. I don't imagine there is much crime in North Korea for example. People will always want to bend laws or break them, it's human nature.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This MUST be a TROLL post.

If by any reason it's not, then I have to ask a question.
If you buy and smoke weed, then you have broken the LAW, so just by doing that you deserve to die?

So if the government makes a law that says: "Everyone has to be inside their house at 22:00 - 06:00 for their own security". You mean that if you get inside your house at 22:05 you will deserve to die because you broke such a law?

I'm sorry your post has no logic what so ever. This must be a troll post.

|.|SLO7H|.|

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
And how does a blatantly trolled thread appear on the main page in the 'popular topics' category when it only had 3 flags at the time, and more than 24 hours later it only has 5 flags despite 10 pages of comments. Maybe an ATS mod could explain this strange occourance to us ???

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It's a "crime" to use Ecstasy / MDMA and go out for dance. YET it's perfectly legal to drink yourself into a broken marriage and liver disease.

So, am I to understand, what's being proposed is the execution of all ravers and the summary promotion of drunkards to political office?

Only at ATS...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yeh ok so lets run with it , capital punishment for crimes and the death sentence !
for a increasing population, but what happens when the population keeps rising and no one is commiting crimes , then we have the thought police , and people get killed for their thoughts or their words !

It's a draconian measure, people usually commit small crimes because of poverty or hunger.
or commit crimes because the substance they use is illegal yet is not harming anyone else.

No the law needs to change , people who commit violent crimes , should be sent to clear land mines
or sentenced to hard labour , not sit in a cell watching tv and getting free meals.
They should be used to clear up depleted uranium or scrub radiation or something hazerdous.
Under the control of the army if they flee they get shot !

At least this way , if they die clearing up a landmine they died for something noble
and not getting released to commit more murder or rapes.
They gave up their hummanity when they messed with anothers human rights
so therefore they are meat to us until they live out their sentence clearing up
all the destruction and pollution we cause !

Not sitting in a warm cell being fed and looked after by tax payers !

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Let me state my case: Crime is blight upon our planet and a gross embarrassment to the innocent and blameless. All crime should be met with capital punishment.

The human misery and financial cost of crime is enormous and never in question.

Criminals always know when they are doing something illegal. We all know right from wrong.

Rich liberals will say ‘what about the wrongly convicted?’ and some will say ‘all crimes? Even shoplifting?’

Yes.

A few legal mistakes would be the acceptable cost for a virtually crime free planet.

We are now evolved enough as a species that something must be done about crime. Just knowing that even the smallest of crimes could result in the ultimate cost, would bring down crime in dramatic terms.

The benefits would be fantastic.

No more ‘no go’ areas.
Less murder.
More conscientious behaviour to fellow man.
No more organized crime.
Greater respect for law and justice.
Happier citizens.

All intelligent and law-abiding citizens will agree with me.

edit on 15-2-2012 by mandroids because: (no reason given)

ever reflected on the mere notion of "crime"?
please do so
and tell us if you think the same afterwards.

I'll give you a tip: explore the notion of "social construct" in this context.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
What a troll. Every one deserves a second chance. In some cases a third or fourth.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The problem with your idea is that just because something is illegal it does not make it morally or socially wrong.

Worse still goverments especially in the US and UK would continue to pass stupid laws just so they could bump people off.

For example in the UK It is illegal to capture or possess a red squirrel without a licence. So what your saying is that someone should be put to death because they did not pay or aplly for a licence, meaning the licence is worth more than a persons life.

Your idea would only work if there where no stupid, immoral or greedy people running the countries. Some how I doubt thats going to happen anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Well, I'm a pretty intelligent law-abiding citizen and I absolutely don't agree with you.

Well, almost completely law-abiding. Except for that time I went to a party and drank when I was 16. Oh, and that time I got a speeding ticket for doing 30 in a 25 school zone after school hours were over. Oh, yeah, and there was that time I forgot my wallet and drove to the store, so I didn't have my license on me. And the $75 I was paid in cash for a job I did and didn't claim it on my income taxes. And the time....

Oh, never mind. Kill me now.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
So, if you live in North Carolina, and you have sexual intercourse in any position other than the missionary, you shall surely be put to death.

If you are a woman living in California, and you get caught driving around while wearing a house coat....guess what? You die!

In Illinois, you will be put to death for wearing pants that sag.

Don't go fishing in Kentucky with a bow and arrow...unless, of course, you WANT to be euthanized.

If you live in Georgia, don't keep your donkey in a bathtub or you will be....

You get the idea, right?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
YA Mein Fuhrer....Ve shall impliment the final plan ... all people that we deem as Lower Class shall be executed. All Hail the Fuhrer.

Needless to say I'm against such stupity and your comments clearly come from someone with a distinct lack of intelect, moral compass , understanding . You are a complete ignoramus .

So...all those people who grew up with abusive parents, who have been let down by society, who have slipped through the net and not been given support, who simply continue the same dysfunctions they have been indoctrinated with. All those who have fallen into drug addiction. All those poor people who have been made homeless by the recession and have to steal a loaf of bread to feed their children. Thats
poor peron who hit back when someone tried to attack them. Yes...lets kill them all. All those protestors trying to change our world for the good.

You ignorant little boy! Go and do some volunteer work in a prison, listen to the stories and then post an apology on ATS.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
They cut your hands or feet off in some arab countries if you steal, people are terrified of stealing so i guess it works, this guy is on to something guys, something has to change or you might be the next victim and im sure you would be in favour of the death penalty too. Just think of the worse act of criminal violence you've heared of and think you could have been the victim or one of the victims, simple really
Quit beying PC guys this is a life and death issue for alot of innocent hardworking people
edit on 16-2-2012 by SL55T0T0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SL55T0T0
They cut your hands or feet off in some arab countries if you steal, people are terrified of stealing so i guess it works, this guy is on to something guys, something has to change or you might be the next victim and im sure you would be in favour of the death penalty too. Just think of the worse act of criminal violence you've heared of and think you could have been the victim or one of the victims, simple really
Quit beying PC guys this is a life and death issue for alot of innocent hardworking people
Yeah...Arabic law works really well mate. Well done :-( .

Look if you had any real understanding of Human behavior , Social Science Education, experience of people from disadvantaged backgrounds or social welfare. You would not answer in such a way. Think about something before posting some kind of garbage drivel that leaks from your malformed intelect.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
If stupidity was punishable by death then this thread wouldn't exist.
Thnik about it...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

Can we add thought crimes to your macabre delusions ?

While were at it,can we add delusions?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pax et Intellectus

Look if you had any real understanding of Human behavior , Social Science Education, experience of people from disadvantaged backgrounds or social welfare. You would not answer in such a way. Think about something before posting some kind of garbage drivel that leaks from your malformed intelect.

What makes you think your intelect is so wellformed

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SL55T0T0

Yet people still steal in some Arab countries knowing they will get their hands cut off if caught. A lot of people in those Arab countries don't steal because they know its wrong in the first place regardless of having their hands cut off. Just as many people in non-Arab countries don't steal because they know its wrong regardless of the punishment. But according to the mentality of the OP, anyone that commits any crime should be put to death. If anyone agrees with the OP then they are either saying that they are perfect in every way, have never committed any crime such as driving 1 km/hour over the speed limit, or, they are admitting that they have committed a crime of any nature and should then be the first to remove themselves from the planet as they agree with this out right crazy mentality !
Nearly every single person has broken at least one of todays laws, so going by the mentality of the OP, every single person should now be dead. And heres a simple question to prove who stupid this mentality is..................who kills the last person when everyone else is dead ???

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pax et Intellectus

What makes you think your intelect is so wellformed

Simple really. I read your post and realised you had not got a clue about social structures and basic human pyschology. Only some one truley ignorant and little lacking in the IQ area would agree with the OP.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join