It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we please have an Ignore button back?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There are a large number of idiots on ATS and I'd like to read a thread without having to wade through the crap they post to find the good bits so could this be returned to us please?

That way there'd be less anger and less of a feeling that I'm one of the few intelligent members here.

If you could, me love you long time. Promise.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There used to be an ignore button on here?

What a great idea, why would they get rid of that?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

Yes, they did. Not really sure why they got rid of it. I believe they got rid of it during the layout change.

I never used it myself though. Just my personal preference not to ignore. I admit, there were a few times that I thought really hard about it though.

edit on 14-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by reaxi0n

Yes, they did. Not really sure why they got rid of it. I believe they got rid of it during the layout change.

I never used it myself though. Just my personal preference not to ignore. I admit, there were a few times that I thought really hard about it though.

edit on 14-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

I could definitely see it coming in handy for a couple of people

I was also reading in another thread that ATS used to have a thing where people could post anonymously and that someone said some of the most interesting posts they read came from anonymous people.

I think an admin should put up a poll or something to bring back old things like that

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
An ignore button comes with the danger that,eventually,you'll only see the posts of thirty people.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

That way there'd be less anger and less of a feeling that I'm one of the few intelligent members here.

Sure that would be nice, so i could ignore this un intelligent comment?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthedoubter
An ignore button comes with the danger that,eventually,you'll only see the posts of thirty people.

I certainly see the merit in having such a button, but I have to say, I agree.
Even those who post some utter bollox have been known once or twice to comment with something productive

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Indeed,

edit on 15-2-2012 by ShamilAbdullah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
well on a site that likes to deny ignorance , an ignore button would be faceplam worthy.
Am i the only one who sees this ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RockLobster
well on a site that likes to deny ignorance , an ignore button would be faceplam worthy.
Am i the only one who sees this ?

To deny something one must face it first so yes, I agree that an ignore button would in fact defeat the purported purpose of this site.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

ROFLMAO - that is so dammed ironic - it hurts

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I miss the ignore button too. I only ever used it twice and I'm glad it was there.

It was handy because even though nasty comments aren't allowed on ATS, unfortunately some very clever but extremely nasty sarcasm is allowed and it can be upsetting. Switching them off allowed for a more relaxed time on ATS.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
An ignore button... Deny ignorance?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I know how you feel,trust me on this one.
Unfortunately,we will never get that feature
back,it is gone for good.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

Just like someone might be doing to you if we still
had it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I liked your post,since I can't give you a star...
I will give you these

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I totally agree, there are some (and it is increasing year by year) people that are very nasty individuals, I do not wish to even come across their posts by accident - they are negative and cruel energies that I do not wish to come into contact with.

There are some posts and posters that are so vile, so repulsive that I really think we should have a choice as to whom to ignore.

As in real life, I chose not to associate with people who are mean, cruel or vicious in nature.

If a ignore button is not reinstated, I think I will choose another conspiracy site to visit because there are now a few that while not as widely known as ATS are attracting more intelligent, gentle conversation.

Life is already becoming too brutal, too harsh to have to endure some of the outrageously hateful people (not many, but enough).

Again, I never thought I would say this but there are a few individuals on this site that post regularly that I do not wish to come across.............they are just immature, hateful and not worth my time.

I come here to learn, to grow and not have to muddle through many of the immature and useless comments that are ever increasing on this site.

edit on 15-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Perhaps an off topic button of some sort. Most of the bothersome post are the ones that are off topic with the constant back and forth banter. A setting where you could ignore post once they reach say, 5 off topic clicks (would vary by user), would likely clean that type of content off the boards and make ATS a much more user friendly community.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I know how you feel,trust me on this one.
Unfortunately,we will never get that feature
back,it is gone for good.

Funny, I'm going to agree with someone who I would have had on ignore if the feature existed. Sad we can't get it back. As I've said before, why can I ignore someone in real life yet I can't walk away from the idiots on ATS? We only had ten ignores before, not a lot, but golly how they made life on ATS so much more pleasant.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There is a wide cross section of people who have a wide range of beliefs.

You self-censor them, you will start to believe only your point of view is correct.

Sticking your head in the sand, just gets your hair dirty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join