It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men, what's the matter with us?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sorry if someone has already said but alas it is a problem with our Gene's and the fact we as a society is a lil more girly now...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Having worked in the past in offices with mostly women in, I can tell you that women do indeed moan more, take more time off, as was pointed out to them all one day when there was a bit of banter about this very thing - each and every woman had been off with flu, colds etc - yet me (an actual man) had never been off, not once.
Never had a day off sick from work, and never been off sick from school since I was 9 either, so it's not all men that this applies to...some of us men are of the opinion that unless my arm is off I am going to work. Little bunged up!! Man up and get on with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The way i see this is people don't like to take responsibility/blame for their own faults or their choices of partners thus they would rather propose that its a gender thing ..

No its a you thing
It's also a shame to see people taking shots at the opposite sex although some im sure are joking you can still pick up some vitriol in their statements.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Men are designed to take a lot of pain in situations like being beaten or whatever,but,the minor pains are more of downtime thing and seem to take its toll on us more.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Man flu is not a myth: Female hormones give women stronger immune systems.

The study showed that the female sex hormone oestrogen boosts the immune system's first line of attack against bacteria and other invaders. The finding raises the possibility of using oestrogen-based drugs to shore up the male body's defences. The research focused on an enzyme called caspase-12. It raises susceptibility to infection by blocking the inflammation the body uses to fight bacteria and other unwanted bugs. Mice unable to make the enzyme were extremely resistant to infection, the researchers from McGill University in Montreal showed. They then genetically engineered the mice to make the enzyme. The males became susceptible to infection, as expected, but the females didn't. Experiments showed that the oestrogen made by the female mice kept immunity high, the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reports. Researcher Maya Saleh said: 'These results demonstrate that women have a more powerful inflammatory response than men.' She added that while the study was carried out on mice, the finding was likely to apply to people, raising the possibility of immunityboosting drugs. But Dr Saleh cautioned: 'A question remains. Will men be amenable to the idea of being treated with an exclusively female hormone?' Surveys have shown that up to 30 per cent of men take sick days because of colds and flu, compared with just 22 per cent of women. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And there you have so get in the kitchen and make me some choco and while yer at it I would like another pillow so I can see the TV better.
edit on 15-2-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The flu is abject misery from start to finish. You hurt yourself and you generally know the pain will subside, but flu will floor you for how many weeks you need to get over it. Moaning like a little boy is perfectly acceptable, but most of us will know if you lay it on too thick. If that happens our having to endure your flu is equally draining and bound to cause much eyerolling in the kitchen and among other females.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join