It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men, what's the matter with us?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mantis914
reply to post by Open2Truth

When are people going to stop putting "Man" in front of everything??? Excuse me, yes, men whine and fuss when we get sick yes... and women, how often do you whine even when you aren't sick???

An ironic question considering the first 3 letters of your screen name.

edit on 14/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: changed to a quote for readability

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hope you feel better soon - chicken soup and chocolate chip cookies work wonders - homemade, of course.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I believe that it's because when I look into the mirror, I don't see any injury...no blood, other than bloodshot eyes.

And the headaches, aches and pains of the bones/muscles, throwing up, etc can go on for days. It ebbs and wanes and then there you are again with no notice, back at the tiolet.

I don't get sick often, but when I do it seems to make up for lost time.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mantis914

Good point, they whine because it makes them feel betterbut have no bad intentions in doing so they just need to

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
would 'girl flu' go down well with the ladies?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
would 'girl flu' go down well with the ladies?

Let it go man. This is a lighthearted thread. Besides, can't you see me whining here?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
BTW, moaning and whining, distracts from your initial discomfort. You change your breathing, and it can actually make you feel better. Its sort of like the breathing techniques for birth. Its stress release, like when you moan while getting a massage, you release tension.

So if you get sick, and moan and whine, you can tell your significant other, it scientifically proven to help!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
BTW, moaning and whining, distracts from your initial discomfort. You change your breathing, and it can actually make you feel better. Its sort of like the breathing techniques for birth. Its stress release, like when you moan while getting a massage, you release tension.

So if you get sick, and moan and whine, you can tell your significant other, it scientifically proven to help!

Peace, NRE.

Oh can I be an honorary man then please NRE? I wouldn't normally want to but I have a horrible head cold, aches and pains...after getting up from another nights 'sleep', punctuated by waking up soaking wet from feverish nightmares...having prepared 3 meals that I couldn't taste due to congestion...standing for two and half hours ironing, doing four loads of washing, nearly passing out in Tesco because it was so blooming packed out and hot due to the world and his wife grabbing last minute flowers and chocolates for Valentine's Day...and then doing my paid work on top of that, I really, really, really want to whinge until my martyrdom is signed, sealed and delivered...

I hope to have the energy tommorrow to make it to the pharmacy so I can pop a few co-codamol to ensure that make it through the Muppet movie which I have promised to take my son to. Oh and I am premenstrual, but I guess that fact would disqualify me for man-hood. But I do have two bottles of Crabbies and Strawberry Cheesecake Haagen Daaz so all is not lost...

I HATE BEING SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, you're right I do feel marginally better

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

I'm so sorry you are sick Sweet Pea....my maid will be arriving at your home this afternoon to help out around your home.

Keep him as long as needed......He cooks too....

Des

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't whine about it, I always try and take a week off work if I can and spend my time wrapped in layers to try and sweat it out.

Maybe I'm in the miniority?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

(cough, cough) Im sick too!! Can he be here by 8?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Biliverdin

I'm so sorry you are sick Sweet Pea....my maid will be arriving at your home this afternoon to help out around your home.

Keep him as long as needed......He cooks too....

Des

Oh I bloody-well wish...

Thanks Honey, made me smile

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

and why does it seem to hurt more as I get older?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I don't whine about it, I always try and take a week off work if I can and spend my time wrapped in layers to try and sweat it out.

Maybe I'm in the miniority?

I'd have to be hospitalised to be able to take that time off being sick...me, lone working parent...therefore means if I stop for a week, I have a week of work to catch up on once I get better...and my child would have starved to death or been taken by social services

edit on 14-2-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Broken nose. Don't even blink. Sprains. Gashes. Splinters. Broken bones. No problem. But when we get the Flu we turn into children. It's the least of any of those and we whine. Yes, we whine. Which is pretty much what I'm doing here. What I can't figure out is WHY?

because we are the hunters... we can handle pain...

We just don't like being uncomfortable...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

A whole week? Lucky bastard I gotta tough it out at work being already broke all the time

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It';s because you weaklings are just girly men. Me, I never get sick in the first place.

Man up, you wimps.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Speak for yourselves. I don't complain when im sick. Nor did any of the men in my family or women for that matter.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I very seldom get sick and when I do, I'm down for awhile. And yes, I do turn into a big baby as well.

For all the macho bravado BS we sling everyday, there's a kid in every one of who wants to be babied every once in a while.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Understood men, but why is it when we get sick, ya'll run the other direction? Or complain because the house hasn't been picked up instead of helping us out and picking it up for us? It really makes us less sympathetic, because deep down we do want to nurse you men back to health, but it's kinda hard when it doesn't go both ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join