It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men, what's the matter with us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Broken nose. Don't even blink. Sprains. Gashes. Splinters. Broken bones. No problem. But when we get the Flu we turn into children. It's the least of any of those and we whine. Yes, we whine. Which is pretty much what I'm doing here. What I can't figure out is WHY?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Maybe a natural impulse to get female sympathy and attention. That's what I'd put my money on anyway.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I don't know about most guys, but when I'm sick I want to be babied!
Crocodile tears, all for show!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Let's face it, having the flu IS lousy and we men SHOULD be allowed to react in the manner we do. I blame women for calling it 'man flu' and further denigrating our self worth! [ok, maybe were a bit wimpy].

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Broken nose. Don't even blink. Sprains. Gashes. Splinters. Broken bones. No problem. But when we get the Flu we turn into children. It's the least of any of those and we whine. Yes, we whine. Which is pretty much what I'm doing here. What I can't figure out is WHY?

Because its man flu and its really bad!!! You get a dose of man flu and its so bad, i definatly had it !

oh btw im a woman , thats how i know how bad man flu is!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
LOL yep, hubby does this.
Maybe because you think we expect you to be strong at all those other times, you think this is the only time it is acceptable to whine and ask for the comfort and pampering you really want at those injuries too?

I don't mind doing it, because when I am sick, he does it for me, even if I am not whining.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Women are just as bad. Dont let the feminazi propaganda fool you.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I prefer to rant than whine,a centuries old tradition pasted from father to son.women whine,men rant.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Hahahaha yes i know, my girlfriend tells me all the time when I'm sick that I whine too much. And she doesn't even mention being affected by the the flu she just gets sick and toughs it out. Man I love her, she's so good to me when I get the Man flu and whine on and off about it. And I never whined once for having a badly broken ankle couple years back. Why you ask? Simple we don't whine on anything else so it all comes out through being sick and vulnerable, weak.

Gotta show props to your girl if she takes good care of you brothers
Much Love

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Does this mean...

Her: leave me alone...I HAVE PMS!!

Me: PMS? no such thing, sweetheart!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I does actually have to do with your parents/parent and female attention. Mothers or female figures when you were young would take care of you when your sick. That's our nature sometimes.

But men, if you are a boy and scrap a knee, a male figure will tell you to walk it off, but not to cry as it is only a scratch, even if you can see the bone.

My x was like that and I understood and took care of him, while he wined and gave me the puppy eyes when he got sick, but if he fell, or got hurt, I would laugh my butt off, and tell him to walk it off. He knew the drill

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'm not a guy, so I'm just guessing here but I would have to say it's cause all the suffering of the flu, is just that, suffering. There's not good story to go with it. Usually when it's "broken nose, sprains, splinters, etc...." there's a story that can be recounted over a beer and a few laughs. But when it comes to the flu, it is just misery. No fun, no good stories. (unless of course you get really sick, have to go to hospital & get a cute/flirty nurse)

If you posted this cause you are sick, hope you feel better soon!!!

OiO

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

That makes perfect sense. Ingrained from youth. And my wife never whined. She'd complain, who wouldn't but whining? Nope.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Poor Baby...heard you are feeling bad. Dropped by to make you some chicken soup....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Oh my poor sick friend, I know just how you feel! First I had flu, that was oh...a week and a half in bed. Now I have "a cold" and thats into its second week, pfff. I sometimes think someone "accidentally" released a cannister of something poisonous in a lab but then I am quite close to where enough mutated bird flu to kill at least half the planet is stored. Erasmus University in Rotterdam.

ETA As for the why, I would guess it's because you have someone at home to whine to.
Unlike me, so I don't get to whine but I feel your pain.

edit on 14/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

reply to post by Destinyone

Patient has just gone into cardiac arrest...

edit on 14/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a reply to previous poster

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm feeling better already.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I feel ya brother.

I started getting sick Saturday afternoon. By dinner time was feeling cold and tired.
Went out to dinner anyway ( had promised the wife ) back home and in bed by midnight, I slept
until 6pm Sunday night. Woke up soaking wet with sweat, freezing aching... arghhhh.

Stayed home from work on Monday, got up twice for bathroom breaks and right back in bed I went.

I finally ate some mashed taters last night and the same for lunch today, I'm worn out, so tired, still cold
and some of the aches left.

Can't wait to get home to Nyquil.

Hope ya feel better.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Maybe because its not the flu, its...da duh da du...THE MAN FLU! (cue gasps)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I mean, i have to shave every day of the week...and where's my TV movie of the week?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

When are people going to stop putting "Man" in front of everything??? Excuse me, yes, men whine and fuss when we get sick yes... and women, how often do you whine even when you aren't sick???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join