It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21
The Man is 90 years old... He could easily have a memory problem.. Lets just hear what he has to say before we start judging him too harshly .. Trying being 90 year old person and read though 8 pages and attempting to reply..

The kind of Nutcase critics is making this site like the real world, speak something and one is labeled as a nutcase or a conspiracy theorist or a fraud and anyone else willing to give info is discouraged .. There must be a balance between criticizing and being plainly rude as ATS does not want the reputation of being one of those sites where people are afraid to post things which maybe bit different/abnormal ( you get what am talking)...

Did he ever say that he flew bombers from carriers ???? he said he was on carriers and then was on a radio operator in a bomber crew he possibly got transferred ?
edit on 14-2-2012 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

The man claims to be 90 years old and you just don't go from chipping paint on an Air Craft Carrier to being a radio operator on a plane.

My dad was an anti air craft gunner for the Canadian navy during that time...(Pom Poms) and he said all he did was shoot at planes and clean and check his guns.
The big one here is he had to check his battery or his other two gunners did that but it was a hourly thing due to the salt spray.

You did not want one or worse both of the two guns misfiring due to neglect.
The only thing he really bitched about was the mutton served with beans every day :-)

He joined the navy at 15 and served for the whole war doing the same thing but on a few different ships.

Therefore I cannot see a extremely qualified radio operator "chipping paint"
My father was also a qualified radio operator during the war but he never operated the radio....perhaps he was plan B and I am sorry I never asked him why?

I say this whole thread is a crock but that is only my opinion from my dads stories.
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 14-2-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Quick answer: YES!!!

Keep up the good fight!!
73's,
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by maddy21
The Man is 90 years old... He could easily have a memory problem...

90 year old vets also can't type or use technology like we use today. That said, they has to be someone else typing for him and editing as he goes along telling of this story while fluffing it up along the way.

I have not yet met one single 90 year old that clearly speaks like they write. Heck, not one 90 year old I have met uses the computer....it is usually their son or daughter, or even grandchild that does this technology stuff for them.

The more people support OP trolls like this the more I get sick of this ATS website for promoting such literate garbage.

Maybe the above has been your experience with elderly people but it hasn't been mine. Over the years I have volunteered at 3 different retirement homes. I got to know some of the residents in these retirement homes. Some in their 80's and 90's; these people were very smart and learning. In a couple of these homes they had computer classes...and I saw the elderly learning and growing in computer knowledge.

I personally want to know what else (Alonzo Typer) has to say.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Another thread of nothing new...another 80 flags given for nothing new....

I sat through the whole Alonzo intro thread waiting for this one....I'm out....

Des

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I personally want to know what else (Alonzo Typer) has to say.

Yes, caladonea,
I think you speak for all of us!!!

(Where are you Mr. Typer?)

Thanks,
Tom
edit on 14-2-2012 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

I know the 73's and the CQ CQ calling CQ from my dad now gone....
Made me smile a lot as I spent a lot of time in his "Shack"
Retired call was VE3 - JFQ

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Quick answer: YES!!!

Keep up the good fight!!
73's,
Tom

Aint you gone to bed yet..

Dont let the door hit you on the butt on the way out..

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

Kind of makes you want to post BS threads with luscious stories of nothing new to earn your stars, stripes, and flags.

I agree with you on this one.

To add, if the grandkids are the culprits pulling these stories out of their heads, why can't there be any hard facts or photos posted.

ATS is about discovering truth. It's not about hanging carrots in front of people to soften them up through suspense writing in hopes that we will all get to the details of the secret projects and documents not seen in public's eye.

OP, again, your hired writers have not wrote ANYTHING in the last 10 pages. Are they hiding from us? Are they afraid of the criticism they are faced with for not sharing anything more than that? Were they caught lying to us and don't want to front up?

If this is your thread, it shouldn't take 3 days to respond to defend your claim. Be a man, step up, and say it like it is!

Btw, you didn't get a star, stripe, and a flag from me. Those badges are EARNED, and you haven't earned it from an honest poster like myself and others on here who have been on here longer than you. Welcome to the forum, enjoy your few moments of stay......

edit on 14-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added bold

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
mid terms coming up already ?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

I'm trying!!!
But I keep getting helpful information in my fight to stop I-pollution of ATS!

Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Very well written story, I enjoyed ready it very much. Mr . Typer, ignore the ignorant self proclaimed history professors. Not all of history is recorded or written down, it's all a matter of perspective. Keep on telling your story, I'm very interested.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by lewtra

I'm trying!!!
But I keep getting helpful information in my fight to stop I-pollution of ATS!

Tom

So this thread belongs in which of the following categories:
1) General Chit Chat
2) Rants
3) Jokes, Puns & Pranks

I'd go for 2 because that is the vibe this thread is producing....rants about nothing!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just wanted to add my 2c as a Navy Vet.

Who says they were on a 'Yorktown class' boat? I never say I was on a 'Forestall class' carrier, I say the name of the boat I was actually on, the Saratoga. Sounds more like someone who just read that somewhere, and doesn't know any better.

And chipping paint? A bit of a Navy cliche eh? Surprised he didn't say he was swabbing decks.

If he was a radio operator he would either be assigned to a squadron, land based that deployed to the ship, so he wouldn't have been ships crew. If he was in a squadron he wouldn't be chipping paint, more likely assigned to the Galley, or mess decks, for his temporary duty (TAD). If he was a ship crew radio operator then why would he fly in any aircraft? Aviation radiomen have a different rating than shipboard, and different schools, they are not interchangeable. Aviation Radioman was established in 1942.

Maybe it was a bit different then, but he has never come back to clear up these discrepancies.

The story doesn't make sense to me until he does.

edit on 2/14/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjigga
Very well written story, I enjoyed ready it very much. Mr . Typer, ignore the ignorant self proclaimed history professors. Not all of history is recorded or written down, it's all a matter of perspective. Keep on telling your story, I'm very interested.

Don't you read the posts?
What is a matter of "perspective", exactly?
It s a matter of FACT and reality!

Yes, keep on telling your story to jjjigga.
So we can investigate, vet and ask skeptical and clear minded questions.

The rest we let to jjjigga (or whatever)

Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

For goodness sakes, people! You guys picking apart this man's story is ruining a perfectly good tale.
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Yup, you are right in that people are picking his story apart. That is what the reader does. The important thing to remember here is that this story was presented as fact when clearly it is not. If the op had been up front and told the reader he was simply floating a story thread or had he even said that it was "loosely" based on his life, people would not be looking so closely at the facts.

Here in ATS there are so many history buffs, students, academics and masters that a story, even a well written one must have an air of authenticity pertaining to facts for it to maintain it's appeal. Unless I missed the mark though, the Op is gaining more insight and a proper understanding of what is required when trying to hold an audience with a captivating tale.

Best of luck with your writing endeavours Op

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjigga

Don't you read the posts?
What is a matter of "perspective", exactly?
It s a matter of FACT and reality!

Yes, keep on telling your story to jjjigga.
So we can investigate, vet and ask skeptical and clear minded questions.

The rest we let to jjjigga (or whatever)

Tom

Actually, Jijigga is wrong. History is written down. A lot of it is hidden from us.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

For goodness sakes, people! You guys picking apart this man's story is ruining a perfectly good tale.
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Yup, you are right in that people are picking his story apart. That is what the reader does. The important thing to remember here is that this story was presented as fact when clearly it is not. If the op had been up front and told the reader he was simply floating a story thread or had he even said that it was "loosely" based on his life, people would not be looking so closely at the facts.

Here in ATS there are so many history buffs, students, academics and masters that a story, even a well written one must have an air of authenticity pertaining to facts for it to maintain it's appeal. Unless I missed the mark though, the Op is gaining more insight and a proper understanding of what is required when trying to hold an audience with a captivating tale.

Best of luck with your writing endeavours Op

His new endeavour will be:

By the new book by AlonzoTyper called "Science Fiction Stories...And That's All!!!"

On sale now for $19.99, and if you order now, get your book autographed by the author himself! Wait a minute, actually, his grandkids will sign the book. That's said, we'll send you ANOTHER book absolutely free! Just pay separate shipping and handling fees

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thank You for taking the time to post this. Much respect. And honestly people give him the benefit of the doubt and not tear him to shreds w questioning. This was def an amazing read and i respectfully look forward to hearing more!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Just wanted to add my 2c as a Navy Vet.

Who says they were on a 'Yorktown class' boat? I never say I was on a 'Forestall class' carrier, I say the name of the boat I was actually on, the Saratoga. Sounds more like someone who just read that somewhere, and doesn't know any better.

And chipping paint? A bit of a Navy cliche eh? Surprised he didn't say he was swabbing decks.

If he was a radio operator he would either be assigned to a squadron, land based that deployed to the ship, so he wouldn't have been ships crew. If he was in a squadron he wouldn't be chipping paint, more likely assigned to the Galley, or mess decks, for his temporary duty (TAD). If he was a ship crew radio operator then why would he fly in any aircraft? Aviation radiomen have a different rating than shipboard, and different schools, they are not interchangeable. Aviation Radioman was established in 1942.

Maybe it was a bit different then, but he has never come back to clear up these discrepancies.

The story doesn't make sense to me until he does.

edit on 2/14/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

Good point and I can relate to that,
My dad served on the Kootany (spelling?) and it was a river class destroyer but he never called it anything but the Kootany.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I believe we are being Schnitzled here..... Bernard style.....

MOTF!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join