It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh how clever Obama and his team were on this...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Is the first thing you see "TRUTH" when you load the page? There's your subliminal message. You can find this trick being used on lots of commercial websites. I actually use it on some of my campaigns.

Also blue is the color of trust, nearly everyone's favorite color, The colors are no accident.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I really think you guys are making mountains out of mole hills here with your attempts to imply that the Obama team has implanted some kind of brainwashing mechanism into the debut of their new Truth Team logo and mission statement. Furthermore, just what kind of impact is this alleged mental manipulation supposed to have? Do you really think that this is the mechanism that will convince Obama supporters that he is God? Please!

While I'll agree that things like colors, word choice and placement can indeed spur certain emotions in the reader, I just don't see anything devious in the Truth Team logo debut picture. I would even venture to say that unless they had printed it white on white, where the reader would see nothing other than a blank sheet of paper, the Obama haters would still find it objectionable.

Now, if reading the hidden messages that are sometimes integrated into pictures is your thing, I would suggest that you visit the following thread where the photograph in question is much more pertinent to the discussion at hand.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Strange Exam Paper Illustration - What Do You See?,

I hope ya'll can see the difference.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
An entire thread because of a capital "H"???

They are using title capitalization...every word is capitalized....not just "His".

OMG...what is he trying to say by capitalizing the word "Honest"????

I think it is more likely that what you are supposed to get out of this is to read "Attack GOP"...rather than think Obama is refering himself as a god.

Seriously...some people just try too hard to look for things.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well spotted. The capital "T" in the shield is reminiscent of a Christian cross. The colors, layout, etc, is deliberately designed to portray the "Truth Team" as a holy crusade. Not exactly subliminal, just good advertising.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If I'm seeing everything correctly the message that is subtle and can be read without even reading is ATTACK, GOP

Maybe I'm reading into things too much.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
They are using title capitalization...every word is capitalized....not just "His".

That's what makes it subliminal, if only "His" was capitalized it would stick out like a sore thumb and people would notice in a bad way.

Like I said it's all about stealing that half second that we don't even notice or miss.

Every good add campaign does that though.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

Honestly, I was more focused on the His and it's sole double meaning to refer to God in the english language to notice the Attack -> GOP as being aligned and meaningful. The first shocked me a bit much to notice the second until others keyed on that as the main message.

Now that it's been noted, it's impossible to look at this and NOT see the Attack GOP in addition to the double meaning.

In general terms for the thread, I hadn't said it was subliminal. That would suggest something that we wouldn't even realize we saw and sure wouldn't key on by simply being observant or sensitive to it. The fact that I'm apparently not the only one who saw the same thing..and more..confirms that no, there was nothing subliminal. It's simply VERY subtle if someone isn't keying on it...but I'll bet the subconscious mind does still hit on it in passing, if nothing else. Clever.... VERY clever. I'm going so far as to make a serious mental note of the tactic as it may relate to my own graphics design/typography future. It's something to recall down the road.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

"the message"

"comes to light"

"so you can spread the word

"Keeping His Word"

Yes there is a definitive theme here.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I think it is more likely that what you are supposed to get out of this is to read "Attack GOP"...rather than think Obama is referring himself as a god.

Seriously...some people just try too hard to look for things.

Some yes,but most fail to see anything.
As mentioned earlier this is exactly what makes a subliminal,it is not supposed to be obvious.

Fact is that psychological professionals (and others) are used for these sort of things and i doubt something like this will ever be setup without these people behind it. Think about it the next time you stroll around your local supermarket and its layout.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
They put "TRUTH" in bold. Is that it?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

The NEW Thought Police.......................

Clear The Canteen , Clear The Canteen.............

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join