It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh how clever Obama and his team were on this...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
First, let me start by saying that I am not posting this to report that the Truth Team was created. No less a member than Byrd seems to have started the first thread I found reporting it's existence and I actually did miss that.

No... What struck me when I saw this for the first time was the graphic on the Obama diary site and how they've done this.

Now I posted this here, because it's a technical post with a technical focus. I doubt I would even have noticed or seen what I believe they were doing here but for the fact I'm a Graphics Design student in College and in Typography this semester, specifically. It's like a root canal for me, learning typography..but the whole psychology involved in how every piece of a newspaper page or magazine story is laid out to bring a specific effect or impression in the viewer is entirely new and fascinating.

So.... after all that. I'm not telling!

Seriously.... How long will it take for one person to see what I have and call them on what they were trying to imply and accomplish with nothing more than layout and appearance? It's clever by how subtle it is....yet once spotted, you'll never look at it again without being drawn straight to it.

Honestly...people here know me better than to think I'm writing this to abandon the thread..but I really am curious how much my schooling this year is drawing this out vs how quickly this is seen by others.

edit on 13-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Image Corrected

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I am curious which you are referring to - whether it is the crown / barricade imagery at the bottom, the open arm motif of the main text block, the teacher/preacher/leader before the masses logo at the top proclaiming "truth". Just at a glance. I am sure I could see more if I looked ;-)
edit on 13-2-2012 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hmm I see it as a portrayal of Obama and his staff themselves, an add made entirely of Red/White/Blue and a "yellow belly"..
Oh kind of seems alittle anti Ron Paul to, "Attack His GOP"

Also seems like a pyramid with a Templar like crest at the top.
edit on 13-2-2012 by Arekoteya because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
OK... I got nothin'... I see any subliminal message as I don't want to snack, or attack, or anything else...but this is not my area of expertise... so waiting for the answer...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
the eagle on top and the open arms at he bottom.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'll keep an eye on this. I'm curious as to what I missed, or what you saw.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Okay... I'm not going to draw it out to the point of silliness. I think I'm just too focused on typography and graphics....and so it's translating into seeing the design and planning before I even read what something says at the moment.

There is only one use of the word "he" where it is spelled "He". That is in referring to God or whatever Diety one follows.. Obama has been fond of subtly playing with the Messiah tag people were putting on him from his early days running. The unbelievable Olympus like facade they built to him for one of the major shows last election cycle is but one example where it went over the top, but it's been here and there all along.

Here, we see it appear again in context, color and placement. The color is obvious after Attack is in Red (aggressive, bad, hate), GOP is in Orange (Warning, Danger, Caution) and He is in Blue (Calm, Serene, Trust). It layout, it's not in a dominant area of the page. In fact, as I'm learning in every exercise and lesson across 3 classes this semester, it's all about flow and patterning of the eye. They actually put this, in that context, in the last place the chart shows the eye normally getting to on the page. The very last, actually. Yet the subconscious, naturally, sees the entire page and whatever meaning(s) it has within a second or less.

So, particularly with the war shaping up here with the Roman Catholic Church, the apparent effort in double meaning struck me. The White House surely has among the best Graphics people in the world...and I am but learning this at the professional level. It means what is striking to me is simply a part of life which they aren't thinking about, just doing as part of the work.....

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
There is only one use of the word "he" where it is spelled "He". That is in referring to God or whatever Diety one follows.. Obama has been fond of subtly playing with the Messiah tag people were putting on him from his early days running. The unbelievable Olympus like facade they built to him for one of the major shows last election cycle is but one example where it went over the top, but it's been here and there all along.

Here, we see it appear again in context, color and placement. The color is obvious after Attack is in Red (aggressive, bad, hate), GOP is in Orange (Warning, Danger, Caution) and He is in Blue (Calm, Serene, Trust). It layout, it's not in a dominant area of the page. In fact, as I'm learning in every exercise and lesson across 3 classes this semester, it's all about flow and patterning of the eye. They actually put this, in that context, in the last place the chart shows the eye normally getting to on the page. The very last, actually. Yet the subconscious, naturally, sees the entire page and whatever meaning(s) it has within a second or less.

So, particularly with the war shaping up here with the Roman Catholic Church, the apparent effort in double meaning struck me. The White House surely has among the best Graphics people in the world...and I am but learning this at the professional level. It means what is striking to me is simply a part of life which they aren't thinking about, just doing as part of the work.....

I read the damn thing 3 or 4 times and I still can't find the word "He" anywhere in it. I see the word "His" is blue letters to the right, but that's about as close as it gets. With respect to all of the other stuff you mentioned, as well as the philosophies supporting their use, well if it's true it's definitely not having those effects on me.

Unless of course, the whole idea is for it to be subliminal or something like that, where I never even know I've been had. If that's the case, what should I expect to see myself do in response to the tactic?
edit on 13-2-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Sorry.. The text in the design is "His". I mixed the words while typing that last msg and seriously considered going back to change it a minute or so later...but figured it may have already been seen and changing content in a post never has felt right.... err... major bad on my part there.

Perhaps it's too much time in both graphics programs night and day combined with ATS and cable when I occasionally take breaks. I don't mean to suggest a earth shattering conspiracy. It strikes me as more than coincidental use of the word and such, with context considered.

Oh well.. I'm apparently the only one that did see it. It seems to be a fail on me. I admit it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I noted the "His" being capitalized and did think that is how Christians refer to God with a capital G, but since everything else on that line was capitalized I blew it off. Another thing you could say about the color blue is "true blue."

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

No fail buddy. You nailed it. SF

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Attack GOP.

Attack His Word.

His.

I think both are very in your face personally.

BTW I think "His Word" is being used in two ways here. It is obviously a reference to the Bible, while at the same time "His" is deifying BO.

Blatant. Too bad not everyone recognizes even the simplest of suggestive material.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Very good analysis. This is first grade PSYOP 101.

But people still don't see how we are being played by both parties. People are to emotional...and yep, I'm guilty as well.
edit on 14-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What is intensely interesting is the general use of high-end visual and text dynamics to convey the unspoken 'nobility' of the "team,"

This is the kind of strength "Madison Avenue" psychologists bring to the table.

In fact, I suspect that those responsible for this production actually 'believe.'

I don't know why, but it makes me sad.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the response everyone! As you can see, I was starting to really doubt my first impressions and wondering if Paranoia was finally getting the better of me. It's nice to know I'm really not the only one. Even my Wife looked at me kinda funny...but I tell ya, it still struck me the way it did.

I think I'll wait a bit longer next time I write a thread with real questions for basis...before figuring I really was alone in keying on something.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I see the number thirteen , the email white box and zip box and the red join next to the three white boxes. the number is an illuminati number. The numbers 3, 7, 9,11,13, 33, 39. Any multiple of these numbers have special meaning to the Illuminati.
3 2- 19=13
C B S

3 14 14 =3+1+4+1+4=13
C N N

3 9 1=3+9+1=13
C I A (Central Intelligence Agency )

4 8 19=4x8=32-19=13
DH S (Department of Human Services)

6 2 9= 6- 2=4+9=13
F B I

14 19 1 = 1+4=5-19=negative14+1=negative13 ?
N S A

6 5 13 1 = 6-5=1+13=14-1=13
FE M A (Federal Emergency Management Association)

5 16 1 = 5+1=6+6=12+1=13
E P A (Environmental Protection Agency) This is a shame. Its the only way they could charge us for the air we breathe.

13 9 F = 1+3=4+9=13F F=Freemason
M I 6 (British Intelligence) This one is freemason from front to back

23 8 15 = 2x3=6-8=-2+15=13
W H O (World Health Organization)

10 7 2 This one was very clever. Its reversed. = 2x7=14-01=13
K G B (Russian Intelligence)

14 1 6 20 1 This one is reversed also. = 1x20=20+6=26+1=27-14=13
N A F T A (North American Free Trade Agreement)

14 1 20 15 = 14-1=13-20=negative 7-1=negative 8-5=negative 13 ?
N A T O (North Atlantic Treaties Organization)

21 19 1 = 2x1=2+1=3+9=12+1=13
U S A

The upside down view denotes three triangles with light behind them. The use of three window blocks is no mistake , two window blocks could have served the purpose with all the text inside.

The three words in the first boxes can be mixed and matched to the last box words,

EG , his GOP attack or keeping honest attack , keeping keeping attack, his honest attack

TRUTH TEAM = 9 LETTERS

Three triangles blue yellow red = 13 letters to spell the colors

Grand Old Party = 13 letters.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Droidinvoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well to me it looks like it's written as if they exist to defend God. KeepingHisWord? Think I just threw up a little bit.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I don't know about anyone else, but after reading that I know now that Obama is my Saviou-. . .

Seriously?
Nice! I had heard about Obama's new Ministry of Truth but has yet seen it. I saw the Attack GOP right away.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, Libs would be condemning the use of the word "Attack".

Looks like a simple design and I'll keep looking for any potential subliminals but I think the Repubs will end up using Obama's own words against himself, so why the audacity in asking the Obama zombies to be on the look out for baseless attacks?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I caught that the first time I saw it but it really was subliminal.
It wasn't until I went back and looked for it that it stuck out and smacked me in the face.

The President doesn't have time to approve every little web page or flier.
His staff takes care of that, what I think the staff is doing is using very subtle techniques to take the Messiah insult and make it their strength.

Most people won't even notice it, but for religious voters on the fence they might pay attention for an extra half a second and not know why they did.
It's in that extra half second those stolen moments that you can persuade someone with your message.

That's the goal of any campaign, steal moments and use them to your advantage.

<<   2 >>

join