It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine fatally shot in his car by police in front of his two young daughters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Xcathdra

The entire incident was caught on the deputies dash cam but has not been released.

So a Rep for the Police have started Damage Control, and all is well with the Blue Line.

I guess a investigation by the Sheriff will be next, I wonder what he will find?

Well if SHE checks this thread she would find a very jaded person who thinks everything is a conspiracy and that her department is doing damage control.

The investigation is being done by the Orange County Sheriff's office since it was one of her deputies involved. The PA's office is doing the independent investigation for those people who see conspiracies in everything.

Smart ass comment aside, you were wrong about the guy being shot in the back. Way to sidestep the issue though while trying to shift the conversation to a different area. How many times do I need to point out that every time you get called out, you ignore it and move to another topic?

Its an old tactic and does not work, so please get over it. Whats even sadder is you are behaving in the exact manner you accuse the police of. Why bother doing any investigation at all since you apparently already know the officer is guilty.
edit on 13-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

You are leaving out the statement he made to the officer. We still dont know what was said, and it could explain the use of force. Secondly it was a combination of actions that resulted in the shooting, not just the refusal to comply.

And hopefully the dash cam video captured the audio for the entire incident. Otherwise we only have the officers account of what was said.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FraggleRock

Actually they have more than that.. The 2 kids in the car were interviewed, however no info has been released as to what they said or saw or what occurred before police involvement.

Something occurred prior to police involvement causing him to crash the gate (according to the article)....

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The fact the man was a Marine may very well be important seeing as vetrans have been designated by the FBI as potential terrorists....
The deputy, may have been on edge a little just because veterans are now listed as potential terrorists by the FBI.
Or even intimidated somewhat of he thought the man capable of overpowering him ? Few cops have studied the killing arts as extensively as a marine sgt...
Even though the cop was armed he certainly may have felt threatened, depending upon his own skill set, and personality type...
Who is to say the guy told him maybe if he didnt put the gun away hed stuff it up his well....you know....
One thing surely true, is well never hear the Marines side of it now....will we?
I hope the older daughter will be able to shed some further light on the circumstances....
But i still have no use for the sorry excuses for human beings they make into cops these days....From my vantage they have a ready made brainwashed bunch of goons willing to get out there and break bones or anything else they are told to....including the law.......The Police forces reduced to mere brownshirts for the bankers
Just look at that ferret faced head of the DHS...would you by a used car from that?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

If you dont mind me asking, where are people getting the info that the Officer new this guy was a Marine? Everything I have seen pointed out he was a Marine only after the encounter when the media started doing their thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

hello X,
thought you'd drop by here, eventually. i give ya credit for sharing some legal aspects others should know but i offer you the most accolades for finally including this gem of truth along the way ... for those who may have missed it --

As I point out that others get irritated with - an officers use of force is based on what the officer perceived at the moment force was used. Its not a blanket license to kill as some suggest and the officer is required to specifically describe the threat in detail to justify his actions.

perception does not equate to a threat ... never has, never will.
perception is equally distributed ... in other words, if i perceive you to be a threat then i have equal right to pre-emptively kill you, correct?
at least, that's what you are implying, although i beg to differ because actions based on perceptions are usually as wrong as the perception.

and, let's not forget ... dead men don't tell lies ... never have, never will but cops, well ... we all know their track record.
children (at least of that age) and specifically, emotionally distraught ones make for very bad witnesses and are frequently intimidated with great ease.

and if that's not enough, just to re-iterate your confession

Its not a blanket license to kill as some suggest and the officer is required to specifically describe the threat in detail to justify his actions.
in layman's english that means -- tell a good tale
and only a true psychopath would believe such, remember, dead men don't tell lies.

my sincerest condolences to the children and other family left behind. there are no words to express my total disillusionment of the way of life we once held dear.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I guess tasers are for schoolgirls and grandmothers and deaf men on bicycles. The guns are used on veterans and weightlifters and people who frequent conspiracy websites....the day is coming people, the list of countries to invade is getting shorter and the warmongerers in charge will always wage war...but a majority of the military will side with us. It is all the power trippin LEOs with low IQs we have to worry about when that day comes. It's not exaggeration either, look at the laws being passed in Obama's last year, and unless Ron Paul wins in Nov, we are going to see violence unlike we have seen in the Homeland, people WILL wake up, but odds are not in time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

The Day of the Lord of the Flies.

. . . May God have mercy on all of good heart . . .

Lawlessness abounds .

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Orange County is a dirty place that is known within its borders as a place that covers up many crimes of its police force and county jail system. Having have gone through the system in OC i know that the police in this part of the country will not think twice before taking violent action on anyone for any reason.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The investigation is being done by the Orange County Sheriff's office since it was one of her deputies involved. Whats even sadder is you are behaving in the exact manner you accuse the police of.

No, you are wrong yet again.
Please don't compare me to that piece of s... cop.

I am Joe Citizen. I go through daily life without a gun, and once in awhile I find myself in "dangerous" situations I deal with it the best way I can.
I have never killed someone for the Crime of "not listening to me"
I have never had to tie some ones hands together, and with the help of five close friends "teach him a lesson".

So no, dont compare me to a cop, I haven't sunk that low.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
everyone hates the police. why aren't we capable of doing anything about it?>

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
You know i no this will nto get much love from many folk from the states here...

This is why the entire country need tighter gun laws,

if the general countrymen dont have guns then the genral polic force dont need guns, you still have swat, and armed units, but they arnt the day to day police...

essentially much the same as the UK, you can still relativley easily own a gun in the UK if you use it for target shooting or your a farmer etc.but not hand guns, and not for the genral public to hold weapons because well to be honest you dont need a gun 99.9% of your life....

and then niether do the police, as a rule, an aggresive police man is alot less willing to hit spray or use a stick to attack a fully grown man as the odds are a little more evn, so they do it in haste much less, which allows them to objectivley try to diffuse a situation instead of bullying an aggressor into giving up with a weapon.

now before people start going mad about what i have said, i love shooting guns, i was fortunate enough for many years to involved in such clubs that i got to use many different weapons, i love the smell of gun powder, i love traget shooting,

however i love human life, and i respect the fact that under the wrong conditions people can be irrational and thus not trusted, even if it ever looks like the right idea to shoot a person at the time, even if you can justify it in court, chances are the scenario could get diffused with mind rather than weapons...

as i siad, there are needs for armed units and swat, a criminal is a criminal there is no doubt if they want weapons they will get them, but if you make it harder to buy and own weapons you make it harder to get your hands on them across the board...

Alas... Genral Gun control is the only real sure fire way to prevent this type of scenario,

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

It's a title just like any other title, that's worked for to attain. It's kind of a "respect" thing....

Anyway, on topic - it's always sad to see a story like this, especially with the fact that his daughters were right there. They'll be traumatized for the rest of their lives. As far as the story posted stands, I can't say I agree with the method this officer used. It just doesn't seem plausible that murder was the only way to diffuse this situation. Since I don't know all the facts of the story though, I'll refrain from making any judgments or remarks regarding to the punishment of the officer in question.
edit on 2-14-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

XCathedra, I appreciate you coming forward with your commentary. Several things you have said have proven worthy advice. Slow down. Hear them out. Let us see what happen. The fact you are on here means one of two things I can think of. 1- you are participating; 2- you are monitoring. You could be participating because you wanted to see what goes on in "places like this", you could be interested, you could believe you can "change some of us." You could be monitoring and just can't keep quiet.
What you can see here is a community that is sick of abuse. Abuse of authority, abuse of funds, abuse of law, abuse of office, abuse of fellow citizens. Unfortunately, for you and your fellow officers you are in direct fire for blowback. You are the face of authority. It is commonly known that we are reaching a tipping point. We are tired of the Barak Obamas, the Eric Holders, John Boehnners, Nancy Pelosis, Benjamin Netanyahus, Tony Bowlds, David Cameron, and unfortunately you are the cannon fodder for the elite. We know about the thin blue line.
Do you support the thin blue line over justice and honor? Would you use a ham sandwich? Would you kindly tell these folks on here what a ham sandwich is?
It is the power of truth. The internet that has brought the knowledge of corruption from your world to ours. Now on every turn we see we see this overbearing authority, these symbols oppression, I believe this corruption has always been around but with optic cables we have wagon loads of truth being brought to the hungry and poor.
you can come on here anonymously and deny ignorance, but do you do it at the FOP, do you in the locker room, how about Subway where you eat your sandwiches.
just az you get jaded on the streets these are our streets and we are getting jaded too.
I believe you are trying to fight the good fight. But if you know what a ham sandwich is and do nothing to stop them you are part of the problem. Not these conspirators. I believe 99% of these people want peace and happiness but above all they want truth. Here is your barometer...what does it say?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Because the majority of citizens in the US don't hate police. I have found that it's usually only the poor, the uneducated, the criminals or people with authority issues that lash out against police. I think the majority of ATS users fit into at least one or two of those categories.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Oh yeah, the girls are safe and sound...

But they just watched their father be murdered.
I'd rather take a bullet a day, forever, than watch my father get murdered.

Great job officer! This calls for a promotion... To the morgue.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

But they just watched their father be murdered.

How do you know he was murdered? I would be careful about what you say here. If I were to interpret that as a death threat against the officer and report it it could become a hassle for you.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This plethera of incidents recently share in common is that the police are shooting people to death. If there was such a strong suspicion that this marine was a danger to his children or others, due to information that's as yet not emerged, why did the police man not disable him? Why do they always seem to shoot to kill - and fire several rounds just to make sure? What the hell's going on?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

So how many ATS users have you reported? You mean to the MODS or what?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

How do you know he was murdered? I would be careful about what you say here. If I were to interpret that as a death threat against the officer and report it it could become a hassle for you.

Unless some solid evidence comes to light to explain why the marine couldn't have been just disabled, I'm calling murder too.

Just like the woman and the teenager in 2 other threads were murdered by the police.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Toffeeapple because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join