It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Moore's photo of Sandia Labs - Real or Fake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There's this photo in Greg Bishop's book Project Beta that supposedly shows a Sandia Labs facility that only appears camouflaged when it is photographed.

Does anyone know more about this?
Is this sort of "photographic camouflage" possible or in use today?
Is this just more silly spook games? (Rick Doty is the one that told Bill Moore to take the photo
)
Were the negatives or photographs tampered with?
Is there even a building in the photo or is this just a photo of some hills?

This was the Sandia Labs facility hidden away near Coyote Canyon. While on a tour of Kirtland Air Force Base, Richard Doty told Bill Moore to take a picture of the area, which is composed of a large group of buildings. The section at the middle right, which looks like a large snowdrift, is all that was left of the complex when the film was developed. Doty would not reveal how this photographic camouflage was achieved. (Bill Moore)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
There's this photo in Greg Bishop's book Project Beta that supposedly shows a Sandia Labs facility that only appears camouflaged when it is photographed.

Does anyone know more about this?
Is this sort of "photographic camouflage" possible or in use today?
Is this just more silly spook games? (Rick Doty is the one that told Bill Moore to take the photo
)
Were the negatives or photographs tampered with?
Is there even a building in the photo or is this just a photo of some hills?

Doesnt seem to be working here if thats the case.

image source

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
That is pretty wild. I can see where the buildings are. I just wonder if they were painted white or sand colored, being in the dessert, and the black and white photo somehow didn't pick them up. You can see rectangular black 'windows or doors?' in there. Interesting concept if it is intentionally done. I never heard anything like that.
edit on 12/2/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just a photo of some hills - well ... and those 14 ninjas too.
edit on 12-2-2012 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

OP says a Sandia Labs facility 'Project Beta'. Not necessarily the Sandia Labs complex well known today.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

It is not a photo of "just some hills". Obviously you didn't look close enough.

edit on 12/2/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

I know - there are obviously 14 ninjas in that photograph.

I can see the snowdrift and it does not look like buildings to me. I can see the telephone poles.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I heard about this place. Some show did a segment on it. Was it Fact or Faked? Any way, the "snow drift" appears to be over contrasted, like the upper left of frame. And just below the "snow drift" is a road (horizontal line bisecting photograph) and two telephone poles along it. So go there and see...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wait a second - your highlighted photo wasn't there before - now i can see what you are talking about - yep, that is wild.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

Oh ok. Sorry, My mistake. I thought you didn't see them.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
After looking at your image more closely, i do now see what the intention here was.

So now I bring your attention to this image.

Probably the same type of painting, only this one is in color and not in a remote moddled background.
My opinion is that this is how the illusion was achieved.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Very Interesting OP! I can def see where the buildings have been camo'd. Star for you!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I don't think so, that's just an optical illusion that only works from that specific angle (where the camera is located), if you look at it from anywhere else the illusion doesn't work. Would that be useful against satellites and spy planes overhead?

What I assume from the description of the photo is that the buildings look normal to the human eye, but to a camera they are disguised. The author refers to it as photographic camouflage.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hey where can I get one of those?
Does it leave the atmosphere too?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The photos at the following link are pretty cool:

www.webdesignerdepot.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I call hoax, assuming this was a traditional film photograph.

A piece of film is exposed to light similar to the human eye (if there was no flash used), I dont see how the image could be changed in the camera and not the eye.

The sensor on a digital camera is basically an array of sensors that collect intensity of light and convert it into an electrical charge, which then becomes the photo. So it seems plausable that they could some how send out a frequency invisible to the eye, but picked up by the digital sensor that messes with that conversion process and makes it look like a snowbank - In theory this could be done from any angle. (unlike the photo of the car, simillar to the popularized chalk/sidewalk drawings everyone gets in their email lol)

sooo yeah I call bunk.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

i'd hate to run into chinese snipers. i bet the military is getting all sorts of ideas of this guy.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

Thats the site I was looking for, but had t settle for the invisicar instead, good job.

In my opinion, that is all we are seeing with Sandia labs in the OP photo. As far as being able to be seen with the eye and camo from a camera, I'm not buying.

Sandia has been at the forefront of camouflage technologies in the past, and that is all this is, buildings camouflaged from sight, including the naked eye. Its just easier to see things when they are in 3D than in 2D on a photograph.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
OP - this article is related to your post:

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm sure its real. This place is not unique. Large bases and compounds have been doing this since at least ww2. Lockheed martin did it with a lot of their factories back then becauuse they were strategic targets.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join