It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashed Cops Shoot Unarmed Woman Motorist To Death For Rolling Up Her Car Window

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't care what they were arguing about, unless she was a danger to the community (which she clearly was not), the cop should of just let her drive away. He would of had all the information they would need to find her later. The was no need for all these aggressive actions. I hope someone follows up on this case in the future, I would be very interested to see how it plays out.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
They just do what we allow, guys! ... as we keep quiet in our corner doing nothing more than speaking, such events only worsen in the future!
Very sad no doubt!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

If this is what they are trained to do then I can say with certainty that it's the dumbest move I've ever heard of. Trying to shut off a car as they pull of rather than pull your arm away? That's goes even against our rawest instincts. If they run, let them run. It's not like they can't pursue them and then call back up. Anyone reaching in like that is gonna get drug every time.

No matter how much the situation is candy coated the police officer shot and killed the woman in cold blood.

There is no way he could have stepped back and then followed her in his police car? This method sounds way safer than being dragged or filling the car up with lead.

Yes, that is what they are trained to do. Reach in and shut off the vehicle, if the opportunity arises. Stand back and let them run? That is the least amount of "common sense" there is.

She runs, smashes your family, and you will still cry foul on the officer for not doing everything he could to not chase the suspect. This training is the result of people protesting too many chases that kill people that are not even involved in the incident. They risk life and limb to NOT engage a pursuit.

I'm not condoning the shooting, either. But the vehicle is definitely a bigger threat, than not. Especially since IF he was trapped in the window. She could drag him, open the window, and once he has fallen, run him over. IF that is what he based his decision on. There are FAR too many "IF's", to the story.

Police need better training. Of that I have no doubt. I believe for the first year or two, they should not be able to carry firearms. They should be partnered with someone who is carrying, as society is equally trigger happy, as a rogue cop. They should also be the initial contact of most situations. Not relying on their hand on their gun as "persuasive communication". They should actually learn to talk. Anyways, chase = bad. It is against the grain to stick your head in a vehicle, but it is procedure in a lot of places. Because chases wind up injuring and killing more people ...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
In afghanistan soldiers can't even shoot their guns without giving a call to command for the order. I think our police force would be better if they had to call headquarters in order to strike their targets.

People don't understand how strict the military is about harming civilians. Only some 10,000 to 20,000 civilian deaths can be directly assigned to US-led forces. This is a often ignored statistic. Sure, there're much greater civilian deaths and much of it wouldn't have happened if the war had never occurred. But it's an important statistic when you consider the scale of the war and all of the variables. Consider that during WW2 when we firebombed japan that hundreds of thousands died in the blasts and ensuing blazes. It's remarkable that all of this happened a bit over 60 years since and japan is our diplomatic friend.

In fact, death counts are going down with each war. Seems to be the case historically. But when you do this calculation you have to keep in mind the scale and factor it with proportion in mind.

Problem with police is they too often can hide behind their department and the courts. In the military this doesn't happen because of the chain of command and how they organize things in general. There're some units that might conspire to cover up for friends, but the military actively watches for exactly these cases.

I made this reply because the issue has come up a couple times in these kinds of threads.
edit on 13-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

Unarmed woman shot 6 times, one whilst the copper's arm is 'allegedly' trapped, and 5 more times after he 'allegedly' freed his arm. Can you please explain how shooting someone who is unarmed, and already dying from a gunshot wound a further 5 times is considered professional?!

I don't know if it's professional but I can imagine myself doing this. You run, you get shot.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I haven't read them yet but here's an article from the Culpeper paper with over 170 comments. Might shed more light on the subject:

Source

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Yes well we call that democracy, aka gang warfare.

America is a republic, not a democracy, for that very reason.

I said what I imagine could have happened. Dude got his hand caught, shot to make her stop. He was afraid of being dragged under the vehicle so he kept firing. And if she drove off, he would have every right to.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Though I can think of the reasons why, I agree that it doesn't seem fair that the officer's name is being withheld.

His reputation one way or another is something the public is entitled to eventually know.

edit on 13-2-2012 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I see her husband says she was on no medication at all. She was able to drive out of the park minus the policeman apparently. It'a all very tragic, seemingly a first fatal shooting for the Culpeper police.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Professional witness doesn't exist.

It's all in the data. And if the bullets are everywhere, it means there was trouble a foot. If they all go at the general same direction, then it means the officer lied.

It's that simple.

It was sarcasm. He was calling the cop a "professional" as if he were better than the witness. And so I called the witness a professional.

If the witness has a degree in a profession would he not be a professional?

You can't sit there and claim automatically that the cop is a better witness.

-Alien

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
I haven't read them yet but here's an article from the Culpeper paper with over 170 comments. Might shed more light on the subject:

Source

It is odd, either there are two witnesses or the statement in the updated source was changed to corroborate the cop's story.

did the cop have "his hand on the door handle", or "his arm stuck inside the Jeep"

and Please, can anyone clarify how "rolling a car window suddenly" would get your arm stuck in it? I timed mine, from wide open to fully closed it took 5 seconds. I then proceeded to put my arm in and out of the car window and I could do that 10 times in 5 seconds... not just pull my arm out, but insert and pull it out.

I hate corruption.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

Source

It is odd, either there are two witnesses or the statement in the updated source was changed to corroborate the cop's story.

Sorry, I wasn't clearer. That above is an earlier article. Since then Kris Buchele the painting contractor has given at least one television interview saying the cop had his hand on the door handle, not stuck in the window. It's not clear whether he changed his story or whether he was wrongly quoted. There was at least one other witness mentioned by name in a television report who also supposedly says his arm was not in the window when he shot..Sorry, I'll try to go back and find that link, I was carelessly surfing.

edit: Here's the report from channel 7 out of DC with the interview with Buchele. At the end they mention the other witness by name.
SOURCE

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

Source

Sorry, I wasn't clearer. That above is an earlier article. Since then Kris Buchele the painting contractor has given at least one television interview saying the cop had his hand on the door handle, not stuck in the window. It's not clear whether he changed his story or whether he was wrongly quoted. There was at least one other witness mentioned by name in a television report who also supposedly says his arm was not in the window when he shot..Sorry, I'll try to go back and find that link, I was carelessly surfing.

edit: Here's the report from channel 7 out of DC with the interview with Buchele. At the end they mention the other witness by name.
SOURCE

TY for the link. With two witnesses, I am wondering how the story will unfold. I am certainly keeping an eye on it.

If we have ATS members in the area, it would be nice to have some local feedback as well

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Dude.. you're lucky. He could have said attempted murder and shot your or had you locked up. You must have done it before cops went 9/11 on us.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The other witness has said this,

Witness Adam Forster, who lives on North East Street, said he heard loud yelling “for about a minute,” before eight or nine shots were fired."

He said he saw the police officer run up the street on foot, after the Jeep, before it crashed. There is a second concurrent article in that 'Star exponent' link.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

He should have video taped it. I suggest everyone videotape any incident they see with cops involved you never know when things might go crazy. Even just the cops at a neighbors or pulling over someone on the street. If he would have taken video we would know for sure. The cops have cameras, but as we saw just the other day with the cop who beat that old man with Alzheimer they will turn them off if they can.

I am going to post a shameless plug for a thread I just made here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because it is about just that, and is relevant to this topic.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
The other witness has said this,

Witness Adam Forster, who lives on North East Street, said he heard loud yelling “for about a minute,” before eight or nine shots were fired."

That makes 3 possible witnesses. The WJLA DC report mentions a Greg Andrews whose report also supposedly contradicts the police story.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by onfire49
reply to post by Alien Abduct

If you can find me whining I'll eat my hat. I'm simply saying I have seen no reasoned explanation on this thread, just mere conjecture. Even the title is just someones belief. We do not know why she was shot, and we have no evidence that shows this cop was some how brainwashed. I have no family that are cops, just merely knew some growing up, believe me or not doesnt matter. However, I just speak from my own experience with being pulled over or interacting with cops. Most times it was great and I have seen nothing that shows brain washing. I for one am glad that the cops will ask people what they are doing when someone says they are acting suspicious. Id rather have someone get all upset and indignant than somebody rob my house or business or worse kill me or a family member. unfortunately things like this happen and I feel bad for the family but there is nothing I can see in this story to support any of the theories here

Well My theory is that the cop was NOT being dragged. Do you need evidence for that? Perhaps as you say "anything that supports any theories presented here"?

I will make a list here below. But first let me make it clear that I am NOT a cop basher/hater. Also, I aim to point out logic, evidence and reason based on what has been provided.

First the cop....

He claims that the woman disobeyed orders and rolled the window up trapping his arm in the vehicle, then attempted to drive off dragging him with her as she did so. He feared for his life and was left with no choice but to shoot and kill her to stop her from further endangering his life. He does not deny that he had fired six rounds into the vehicle (as this is irrefutable).

Possibly what could have happened here was that as he was being dragged his body was fully extended hands over head in a near horizontal position where as the only angle he could hit her was from the back window (left hand stuck in window right hand shooting the gun) In this case it very well could have taken six shots before finally hitting her and killing her dead enough for her to be unable to operate the vehicle.

If the same scenario above happened but the hands switched roles (the right hand was stuck and the left hand had fired the weapon) then the bullets would have come from the driver window.

Both of the above scenarios would have the bullet shells strung down the road in the path the cops body was being dragged.

The eye witness...........

The eye witness states that the cop warned the old woman to not drive off else he would shoot her. In the video interview the eye witness positions his hands in a demonstration of where he witnessed the cops hands to be and stated that both the officers hands were OUTSIDE the vehicle.

The witness claims that the officer did not get dragged by the car and that he fired a shot initially as the car began to move then stepped over a bit (probably getting into a good firing position for aiming purposes) and fired five more shots as the car drove off.

The evidence..........

1. If you look at the photo above you can see that the road lane has a dash marking and a solid lane line visible. Road lanes are typically 12 feet wide so, using this information as a guide we can see that the bullets are all within about a 10 foot parameter (and not all in a straight line)

A. If the cop was being dragged the bullet shells would undoubtedly be strung out a lot farther than 10 feet.

B. If the cop was being dragged the bullet shells would have been strung out in a more or less straight line down the path he took whilst being dragged.

2. The eye witness testimony (which is considered evidence) corroborates with the physical evidence as in the cop stayed in the area and did not get dragged down the road and fired all six rounds from his general area.

So far I have yet to see any evidence that the cop was being dragged however there IS evidence that he was NOT being dragged.

If indeed the cops arm was trapped in the vehicle and he feared for his life and he shot the woman to stop his life from being endangered further then I would say that although it is an extreme measure it would be justifiable. But all he needed to do was to break the glass to free his arm and it doesn't seem like he needed to fire 6 rounds to break the glass.

Think about it. He was firing the rounds not to free his arm but to kill the driver to stop the vehicle...that's the sick part.

All evidence thus far suggests that he was NOT being dragged and so therefore there was NO justification for deadly force.

Maybe other things/evidence will turn up and change my mind but as of right now this is how I see it.

-Alien

edit on 2/13/2012 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Looks like justice will be served!
My thoughts go out to the victims family and to the police officers family. Always more than one victim to every crime!
brice
edit on 13-2-2012 by brice because: spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by smurfy

He should have video taped it. I suggest everyone videotape any incident they see with cops involved you never know when things might go crazy. Even just the cops at a neighbors or pulling over someone on the street. If he would have taken video we would know for sure. The cops have cameras, but as we saw just the other day with the cop who beat that old man with Alzheimer they will turn them off if they can.

I am going to post a shameless plug for a thread I just made here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because it is about just that, and is relevant to this topic.

Well, maybe that time starts now, if big brother is watching us, it's about time we all started watching big brother, people have a right to at least passive protection. I have to confess I have two video cameras, a VHS and a digital one with both batteries down, it's about time to resurrect them, and forget about the PolCol rubbish. Even a web cam in the car is not a bad idea, as you never know the moment.

Think about all the bad stuff that's been going on for years, Rodney King and the LA riots was just an incredible sequence of events for us on this side of the pond. And what about this dead woman? how does that compare to O.J. Simpson and his epic journey, him a wanted man at the time!! summit is terribly wrong guys.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join