It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashed Cops Shoot Unarmed Woman Motorist To Death For Rolling Up Her Car Window

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Originally posted by Believer101
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Whatever you say, bro, whatever you say.

I know, it's hard to argue with common sense isn't it.

Um, no, sorry. I'm following my signature. "Arguing with an idiot is like beating your head against a brick wall to teach the wall a lesson."
Something I live my life by.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If the police officers story is true, and he indeed had his arm stuck and dragged, then that is attempted murder of a police officer.

...and if the story from the eyewitness is true then it is murder of a woman by a police officer.

The thing is - except for the cop and the eyewitness nobody knows right now which story is true and which is not.

Sometimes people lie about officers. Sometimes officers lie about their actions. Right now we know either the witness or the officer is lying. But we don't know which one.

We can defend or condemn the cop here until we are blue in the face and our fingers ache from typing - but it won't make it any clearer who is telling the truth and who isn't.

Right now the best that we can hope for is a very good, and very through investigation of the incident. Hopefully one that is conducted by an outside agency.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The community really needs to rally around the husband and march for the arrest and conviction of this "officer of the law".

Time to stand together for humanity

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

If the police officers story is true, and he indeed had his arm stuck and dragged, then that is attempted murder of a police officer.

...and if the story from the eyewitness is true then it is murder of a woman by a police officer.

The thing is - except for the cop and the eyewitness nobody knows right now which story is true and which is not.

Sometimes people lie about officers. Sometimes officers lie about their actions. Right now we know either the witness or the officer is lying. But we don't know which one.

We can defend or condemn the cop here until we are blue in the face and our fingers ache from typing - but it won't make it any clearer who is telling the truth and who isn't.

Right now the best that we can hope for is a very good, and very through investigation of the incident. Hopefully one that is conducted by an outside agency.

You are exactly right. I'm not defending him, to be honest. I'm using my head and thinking about every possibility that could have happened to justify what he did. Until we get all the information about what exactly happened, whether it be due to an investigation or the dash-cam footage, all we can do is speculate right now.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Um, no, sorry. I'm following my signature. "Arguing with an idiot is like beating your head against a brick wall to teach the wall a lesson."

Sounds like you got that signature from experience. Good quote by the way, now say it to the mirror.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Sounds like you got that signature from experience. Good quote by the way, now say it to the mirror.

Oh so clever. Insulting someone for not wanting to argue with you. Way to go

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Considering vehicles are considered deadly weapons to a majority of police officers, she was not unarmed. What would win, a 2000 lb car or a gun?

You aren't serious are....(turns to the other posters)he...he isn't actually serious right? This guy must have a reputation for being a troll. I mean, there's playing Devils Advocate, and then there is acting pants-on-head stupid. If the witness isn't lying, and I doubt he is, then the car wasn't (sigh) "used as a weapon." And even if it were, why was his hand in the car? Why didn't he move it id she started rolling it up? Even if it were rolled up, he coulkd yank it out, I mean, come on! Shouldn't it be easy to tell if the bullets came from point blank next to the window or were shot from yards behind the car?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I had a similar experience, when a cop stopped me on a One Way Street. He made made roll down my window and when were finished talking (that was stated) he left his fingers curled over the top of my power window. I was powering it up, and would have stopped, but in the last 2" he pulled his fingers out! He was as mad as I had seen anyone and I think he planned on my catching his fingers, then thought better of it.

It began because I was at a red light on a three lane One way street, extreme left lane and traveling straight. A car (not noticeable as a police car) was stopped across the intersection, and a cop was leaning into the passenger window chatting to the driver. When my light turned green, I couldn't move ahead to just land in the intersection behind this car. Í couldnt signal and turn into the middle or right lanes because of the build up of cars, then an opening came and I was able to get into the middle lane and I beeped my horn at the cop, whose rear end was stuck out into the middle lane....just a warning... as I couldn't move over to the right lane.

I watched in my rear view mirror....that's when he jumped into his car and followed me: long enough to run my plate, etc, ? I expect, then made me stop----middle of the street too, and chewed me out. He was angry, I wasn't , except stating about his rear end in the middle lane (and he was some hefty)...thus the conversation then the first paragraph.

I sometimes think they just use their position of power in an extreme way. Shooting dead is the extremest.

This Ontario, Canada, in the '90s
edit on 13-2-2012 by canadiansenior70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Oh so you wasn't implying anything with your signature comment? Make the first insult and when I give it back you want to act like I started it. Smooth move but don't forget people can back up and read what you wrote first.

Back to the article. The lady is now dead, a husband in mourning, and a police officer being investigated. All because he drew his gun on a woman in a church parking lot. A man who feels threatened by a woman in a car is not a man. If she doesn't obey your commands then call backup. Plain and simple. He should have called for backup. His gun is not backup.
edit on 13-2-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The officer started talking to Patricia A. Cook, 54, of Culpeper. State police say that for some reason, while the officer was trying to get her identification, Cook "suddenly closed her driver's side window trapping the officer's arm and started driving away dragging the officer alongside."

I am not an expert on cars, but when did the windows become spring loaded and close as quickly as mousetraps?

If you get your arm rolled up in a window, you have one person to blame for such stupidity.
edit on 13-2-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Honor93

You presume the innocence of the accused.

Look around. I don't see many people assuming innocence of the cop.
edit on 13-2-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

I would be interested in hearing a single scenario that would provide any sort of doubt that this officer "might" be innocent.

IMO, the" Innocent until proven guilty" applies to courtrooms and code of conduct of officers. But in real life, any militia who would witness or hear this story would without a doubt draw the same general conclusions as the majority of readers who have heard of the events and as per the second amendment, would defend it's citizens from evil doers.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
Cops are bad, Ron Paul supporters are druggies, Christians are stupid, Occupy are a bunch of spoiled kids, Muslims are terrorists.. etc. How come we are quick to judge someone based on these kinds of stereotypes?
I was very slow to judge cops as bad people. They are bad people. Ron Paul supporters don't do drugs. Christians are not stupid. Occupy isn't a bunch of spoiled kids. Muslims are not terrorists. Cops ARE bad people in general.

Most cops spend most of their time attacking people for victimless crimes, and another good fraction of their time attacking people for looking at them funny.

People have deluded them self into thinking cops prevent crimes. Last time I checked, cops are there to clean up crime scenes, not stop them from happening. Ask an average cop how many times he nabbed a criminal before he was about to commit a crime. There are about 10x too many "law enforcement" cops and there are too few actual crime prevention officers out there. The very fact that they are named law enforcement alone is proof there is no chance they can actually work for the public. You can't have a job title like that and expect to help people out. If a cop's job title is "peace officer" thats also a good hint they might do something right.

Furthermore, cops are based on a highly corrupt and immoral notion that stealing is right for some but wrong for others. How corrupt can you get? It its wrong for me to steal from you to support my favorite charity programs, its also wrong for the government to do it to support their favorite police agency.

My main point is that with a corrupt set of laws written by corporations, crooks, and power brokers, you cannot say someone who's job assignment is to "enforce the law" is going to be out there doing good. Cops should have the job of preventing violent crime and keeping the peace. That simply is not their job by their very admission, and by their job title as a "law enforcement" officer. If the laws are bad, the enforcement of those corrupt laws is by definition, bad. A few cops are doing good, but most of them are doing bad. Therefore most cops are bad. Therefore, cops are bad people.
edit on 13-2-2012 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
Why was the cops arm inside her vehicle?
Isn't that trespassing on his part?
Isnt that like a cop putting his foot in your doorway so you cant close the door?

I had a cop to that to me once, he cried "assault" to the Judge and I got 90 days house arrest.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean

3. After already attempting to murder the officer using the car, a vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. You can do massive damage with a vehicle, believe me. In this case, he was attempting to stop her from fleeing.

That is such contradiction. Attempting to stop her as she tries to flee in her car by gunning her down. Well he wasn't dragged and he didn't have is hand or arm caught in the window. Kind of hard to be dragged along and fire 6 rounds into the window when the first round would blow out the window. lol That cops story is complete BS. Looking at the trail of casing on the ground he obviously chased her down and shot her. This isn't justified because he could of ran back to his car and pursued her and done a pit maneuver if needed. He stepped out of line and that is exactly what the jury will say. You have to prove that you had no other choice. He had another peaceful choice to chase her in the cop car, instead he chose to draw his weapon. Nice knowing you cop have a nice life in the pokey.

If she already attempted to take the life of the officer, would you really want her driving around? Just imagine how many lives could have been taken by this woman if he had indeed just let her go and started driving after her. People who flee from officers in cars are never safe drivers. I can't tell you how many civilians I have heard of that lost their lives due to a reckless driver fleeing from officers.

Yes, but cops have everything at their disposal then just guns. This reminds me of the group of cops that emptied all their guns on a driver that wouldn't get out of his car. It takes one hit from a mag flashlight to bust the window and pull him out, but no they shot him like a firing squad. 20 years ago you never hear of this sort of thing, so obviously something is wrong with the judicial system. Now all the sudden every cop is like Judge Dredd.
edit on 13-2-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

...not to mention that the windows were not automatic windows. They were manual..."old fashioned crank" windows, according to her husband.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by justcurious31
Thanks for sharing this unbelievable story.

I do wander why the lady did not give him her information though, And acted the way she did by not doing so.

If I were that lady, my reason would be this. The officer has no legal right to ask for any piece of identification or interject in any peaceful activity unless there is probable cause for a disturbance or a criminal activity.

The do not even have the right to ask your full name. I would dare say that most people would feel that they MUST present their ID and that most officers believe that they are ENTITLED to ask for ID

WRONG

-probable cause-
-cause
-warrant

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
I think we all need to apply for our concealed carry permits

That is giving an additional excuse to shoot.

a member mentioned rubber bullets for cops earlier.. that would be an interesting turn of events.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
IF he had his arm in her window then he was probably assaulting her and she had every right to flee. But I don't believe this cop for a sec. IF there is one thing cops do best it's lie.
edit on 2/13/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

1. When a person is not complying with an officer in a vehicle and trying to flee, the police officers attempt to shut off their cars by either reaching through the window or opening the door and grabbing either the keys or stepping on the break pedal.

That right there states what he could have been doing when his arm got caught in the window.

Nothing there states assault. Where did you hear that he was assaulting her? Or did you just make that up because of your bias towards police officers.

If you read my post I said, "Probably" assaulting her. I base that on my long history with LEO and yes I am biased. I would tend to believe the witness over a cop any day of the week and twice on Sundays. This woman was not a violent criminal in the process of committing a crime. She was executed by a POS with a badge. The cops will always have their defenders ready to make excuses for their crimes. Don't count me in with that crowd. I reserve the right to reach my own conclusions. The rest of the sheep can stand by and hope that justice will be served. I have no such delusions.
I have said it before and I will say it again. "There is no such thing as Officer Friendly".

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Considering vehicles are considered deadly weapons to a majority of police officers, she was not unarmed. What would win, a 2000 lb car or a gun?

It depends on the rules of engagement. In a rural community, I would suggest "do not fire before fired upon". and if an officer is beside the driver door, then "clearly" the 2000lb weapon is NOT aimed at him and she has not "shot first" by attempting to strike him

This is clearly where cops get it wrong in their head, the assumption that since there is a "deadly weapon" involved, it gives them the authority to fire. HOGWASH, An attempt on the cops's life has to be evident before the use of deadly force. and if a cop is stupid enough to stick their arms in a vehicle and get it stuck, I won't tell you what I believe they deserve, but it's not a medal...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Never argue with an idiot, they are experts, and will always have the last word

copper

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join