It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 earthquakes WORLDWIDE plotted and animated (with sound intensity)

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Im rather surprised this hasnt been posted up yet.

Fascinating visual of all the 2011 earthquakes worldwide. Posted by dutchsinse yesterday. Truly unique, as far as I've seen and well worth the 9 minutes. Much of the text is in some Asian language, but not a distractor to the impact of the data displayed.

Dont let the Dutchsinse name put you off from watching it as I know it may for some. It really is worth taking the time

The sound generated from japan is just incredible by itself

Hope you folks enjoy it.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It's Japanese, very cool video. Even though most of those earthquakes were too weak to feel, there is a lot of activity, and it seems to increase. Of course this could all be natural, I don't know enough to say one way or another if we had more activity last year than previous years. Still fascinating to watch.
edit on 2/11/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
strange, thought I saw this posted yesterday,... can't remember the name of the thread and couldn't find it in search... thanks for the vid again!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

The more and more I think about the possible threat of a natural disaster the more I question if I'm mentally prepared for such a thing.

Great video too. The earthquake counter during March 11th is HUGE!
edit on 2/11/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I love these kinda animated data charts. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

They had Stan Deyo on ATS Live tonight and this is also posted on his site. Watching this I find it hard to believe that earthquakes are not increasing in frequency and magnitude but maybe that's just because I am on ATS these days. Does anyone really know if they are getting more frequent? Some say no but I'm not so sure. Great vid!

edit on 11/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
WOW!!

I admit I jumped and got scared on the sound of March 11.......

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Absolutely brilliant way for the creator to display the data! S & F for finding & sharing this, OP

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I have watched it a couple times and at some points there seems like there are certain patterns. They when you see the graphs at the end and see when Japan went off, it is almost surreal and unnatural compared to the rest. I still cant help but think that one may have had some help

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The Japan one was huge!

Interesting to me was the three Oklahoma ones...one of which I felt...the other I was driving so I didn't feel it......

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
One in japan seem to be constant, I still am open to believe HAARP was behind the intensity of the quake.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Fantastic way to share the information! Shame about what is happening though - looking at Japan the aftershocks were going on a lot longer than I thought they were.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Looking near the end after all the yellow place markers are down, the surprising thing to me was the relatively small amount of eq events in North America.
Compare that to the Japan, Indonesia, NZ regions! Yet we keep hearing all these dire doom predictions for North America, I know its bound to happen eventually, but the fear mongering would be far better geographically placed in other areas.

Pause at 6:53 to see what I mean.

Very cool vid, thanks for posting it!
edit on 12-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I agree with you, the states did seem ro be a bit lacking. I was a bit amazed at some od the intensity of south america though. I think the charts tell more then they may seem too at firsr glance. Sorry for typos. Sent from phone

top topics

join