It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First thread, Possible Ghost picture I took myself, Would appreciate your opinion on this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It is you, I can even see the camera being held in your hand.

Did you ever straighten your bangs?
edit on 11-2-2012 by darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
I have blown up the picture, and put a indicator where the two faces are.

I think the middle one is freaky - but if the OP's not blonde, so is the one on the right

edit on 11-2-2012 by Soapusmaximus because: Sorting pic

In this picture, the figure on the right is holding the camera below the chin, you can see the round lens of the camera and the hands holing it if you look closely

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Looks like a double exposure shoot...

Not as clear as the examples below though.

@justcurious31: is it possible to take a look at the previous and next photo?
edit on 11-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

This is the opposite side of my room, We have decorated since and it was just plain cream paint before though, Please excuse the mess

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by darkblade71

Once years ago when i was about 15/16, But when my hair is straightened its extremely thin and really doesn't suit me, So never did it again.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
ok, so now I got it, the figure on the left is actually the wallpaper, and the figure on the right is you taking a photo. You have a reflection of yourself and the background white of the wallpaper that reflected the window light.

Or that's what I am gonna "guess".

Cool pic though!

As a side question, when you were a kid were you gothy? Because that appears to be a younger person.. *lets mind wander*
edit on 11-2-2012 by darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I did take another one after to see how it came out, Do you want to see that one? The figure is not there on that one taken at the same time of day about 2 weeks after, In the same position i was in at the time, When I finally put the photo on my computer and saw the figure I took another as I was curious?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by darkblade71

Lol, never gothy

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I find it a very interesting photo.

And if it were you, you would have been front and center, not off to the right side of the photo. And I don't think it looks like you at all. I can see the eyes and no camera in front of the face.

Looks like someone from the 30's or 40's to me. Thick short bob style hair cut wearing a dark coat.

Have you had any unsual happenings in the house?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

While having a nap in the day once, my bedroom door opened on its own, And the door handles are the type you really have to push down to open, But nothing else at all..

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is a pic I took a while after when I finally loaded the other picture on to my computer and saw the figure, I decided to take another out of curiosity, Took approx the same time of day, In the same position I was in when I took the other pic... I cant see the figure there in this one?

Saying that now its enlarged i can see a slight outline, But it cant be me as I don't wear my hair in a middle parting, And its seems that figure has bleached blonde hair (which i have never had done) With really dark roots? Maybe it is some sort of reflection of something?
edit on 08/02/2012 by justcurious31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ok, I was thinking maybe you somehow caught a reflection of a younger you. It happens, I once saw this crazy guy looking back at me when I was trying scrying, only to realize much later that it was a much older me looking back in the bowl of water...

Freaky.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
now that does sound scary!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There's a light source just above the head of the girl (if it's not you!
) in the "reflection". It's even light up the top of girl's head.
It appears to be made of three separate lights, do you have a similar ceiling light in your room?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I have 1 single light bulb, And a upwards facing light shade then, But as it was in the day the light was not on anyway, I have an electric meter so very strict on that one lol

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Could you please try this different lighting on my other pic i put on in the same place? Just to see if it comes up on that one as well?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I wish i knew how to do different colours myself...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the photo!

Looking closely at your pics, I noticed something that could be a clue on what's happened.
There's a scratch on the grass that is visible here:

This scratch is also visible in the (let's call it that way!) "ghost" photo, but it was duplicated:

This is a strong indication of a double exposure shoot...

A double exposure shoot reproduce the original scene with a more or less lapse of time.
For example, in the below shoot, the lapse of time was very short:

Note how the duplicate characters move in the same general translation way (between point 1 and point 2 in green and red).
However, the time-laps between the two shoots of the double exposure was enough long to allow the character marked in blue to move its position between point 1 (facing to the left side of the photo) and point 2 (facing the photographer).

Now, let's imagine that the lapse of time between the two shoots in our "ghost" photo is longer.
It will give a double exposure for the brighter landscape marks (such as the scratch on the grass that obviously can't move), but not for the "ghost", as it will let him the time to coming in (or out, depends of the sequence) the photo frame in the second shoot of the double exposure.
The result is that we have a double exposure shoot with:
1- A first "strong" shoot with the whole normal scene (including the scratch on the grass)
2- A second fainter shoot, seconds later, staggered and superimposed on the first with the "ghost" that came in the scene in the meantime.

That doesn't explain the three "ceiling" lights (unless they were off in the first shoot, but you said that there's only one bulb light, so...) and why it's not the whole scene that is affected by this hypothetic double exposure though...

Now, to try to clear up things, here's some questions for you if you don't mind:
1- Were you alone in your room seconds before and after the shoot?
2- Do you remember having switch on (or off) any light in your room at the time the shoot was made?

Thanks!!
edit on 11-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: spelling

Originally posted by justcurious31
I wish i knew how to do different colours myself...

Well, I can assure you that there's nothing on this one!!

edit on 11-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: Adding "justcurious31" quote (and my reply as well!)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Never heard of double exposure before, Very interesting! That's pretty amazing how the scratch on the grass has moved, Your point is a very good one!

They were playing football out there for about an hour and a half, And I took this pic after about 20 mins (approx) after they went out, It definitely wasn't after a few seconds anyway, All the lights were off as it was in the day and I have a electric meter so I am strict on the lights being off unless it is quite a dark day then I have a lamp with an energy saving bulb in the far corner in the room, No where near the windows though, As I remember all the lights were off, And I was reading a book just before I took the picture, So the TV would have been of as well.

When I took the pic I was kneeling on my sofa and leaning towards the window, almost right up against it as its in front of the window. Nothing on the windowsills as there to small to put anything on really.

Thanks for your efforts, Very helpful

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by justcurious31
Thanks for your efforts, Very helpful

You're welcome!

Another thing: could it be possible or you to host the original untouched photo and give the link to it here?
I would like to see if I can find anything about double exposure shoots for this camera.
Oh and BTW, what was the camera model you used?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join