It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning to life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I wonder if the meaning of life is perspective, or is it really something bigger. I know this topic can go on forever but I would like you to use your point of view, like an evolutionary one or a I.D. you can even say your own but back it up then talk about how it works even if its small I would love to see your point of view.

My thoughts-I am the vesal that roam’s this reality sensing only but a small fraction of the real that I am, only forgetting my true nature for a moment to feel bliss until I take the next step back to my true nature. I think we are god………. Now your turn..........................

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by conlget

My true nature is God.
God is always present and so am I.
God can only know and so can I.
God is all seeing and so am I.

I am the vessel which life passes through, i never move.

From here and now i watch the movement and the colors patterning.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Are you looking at the inside of your head or is the inside of your head just another appearance that appears in the vast space that you are?

youtu.be...
edit on 11-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
One cannot describe 'life' itself. According to evolutionists 'life' is a random happening with no purpose. Believers try to instill some reason and logic behind life and its outcome. I for one would suggest that 'life' is too complex and random for having no meaning or purpose. We tend to ignore the immaterial aspect of life. Once you take material illusion out of this existence, life's purpose becomes less confusing.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The meaning to life is to love.. Without love you would have never came to life.

Very simple, yet sounds so unbelievable for many.. Love is not only the physical, but also the spiritual.

We all have different choices in what or who we love.

The meaning of life is to find what or who you love. At least for me it is.. For others it might be very different.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
To me their is no point in life, therefor their is no meaning to it either.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by conlget

There is little meaning in life apart from the education of Love. Love is unity over multiplicity. This lesson was taught by Jesus with the parable of the 153 fish in John 21. Listen to it Here. This is not a simple thing to define the meaning of life. It requires a journey of 7000 years. To see the end from the beginning, you need to consult the meaning of the 153 fish and unity (Love) from multiplicity (division).

Peter was on the boat of life with the disciples above the water. The water represents the material world. Jesus calls from the shore and tells them they are fishing for souls on the wrong side of the boat. He then tells them to fish on the 'right' side. When they do, they catch 153 fish. This is an important number. Then, Peter wraps himself in a garment and enters the water to find Jesus on the shore. Consider this putting on the flesh and entering a baptism into the material water of reality. When he finds Jesus on the shore, Jesus has a fire started (ready for baptism by fire) and Peter is asked 3 times, "Do you love me." Peter says yes. Jesus then says to feed his sheep. This is a symbol for Peter (The church) feeding the sheep and denying Christ 3 times. This signifies the three days (3000 years) that Christ would be in the belly of the Earth. Each of the thousand years is the three days that Christ would use to raise the temple again. This is his work with humanity as we are born again into the water. Peter (Church of Rome) is to feed the sheep, but they deny Him and are destroyed. Babylon the Great. Consult this article: LINK

According to Pythagoras, 153 marks a mathematical ratio called "The Measure of the Fish." In an thread about 666, I stated that we can calculate a generation by taking the precession of the earth (26,000 years) and divide this by the degrees of a circle. The answer comes out as 72.2222. The age of Pisces is the age when mankind will change according to many traditions. This is a time when the earth completes it's precession. The ratio of the measure of the fish is 1:1.415, or the numerical value of the square root of 2. This is defined as the symbol for the ideal value between unity and multiplicity (singularity).

The answer to this is returning to the Pyramids and Isaiah 19:19. Why did Moses and Joseph need to take a trip through Egypt? The same reason we are in Egypt now. Our exodus from this order of things must take place for our own education and ultimately, our salvation. It's the difference between multiplicity and unity. More than anything, it represents our education in the wilderness of life. 153 also represents the 17th triangular number. 17 is the combination of Divine Graces. 7 gifts of the spirit and 10 commandments. Finding Love is completed when we manifest the fruits of the spirit.

Galatians 5

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The meaning of life is not as simple as saying that Love is the answer. There is a path to follow that leads to taking up our own cross and following the example set by Christ. Here are other things to consider.

If you want more information that is too lengthy to put here, consult my list of articles. LINK You'll find any topic there that interests you. The article I did on the meaning of life is this one. LINK

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by conlget

I don't think life has a meaning...nor does it need one.
And the only purpose it has is whatever we assign to it.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just This:
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Life is a purposeless path. Objectively speaking, there is nothing to the composition of life beyond chance, entropy, chaos, and coincidence. The natural, biological, evolutionary processes which first sparked autonomy, and later sentience, are amoral, and unthinking. Simple motor-response functionality is the basis of existence. All of our actions, even in the present day, are toward the simple goal of continuation; of self and self alone.

There are those who would tell you that some kind of all-pervading force permeates the universe. They call it Chi, and Tao, and Prāna, and sometimes even love. None of these things are certainties, though.

The Tao is philosophical. It has critical thinking significance, but no practical application. It forms generalizations about people, events, actions, and motivations. Where the Tao says that the Tao can not be known, it should become clear that no conception and idealization of the Tao can be known as the True Tao. It is a fool's errand to seek contemplation of an incomprehensible thing.

Chi is meditative, it does not physically exist. When one practices Tai Chi they feel their own small-body nuclear energy; not the universal awareness. Not that meditation is a bad thing, though. I myself meditate frequently. I just have risen above the false conception that the peace, calm, quiet, and charge I feel are from anything outside of my own ego and consciousness.

Prāna is subjective. The breath of life, spirit, and other concepts are nice metaphorical composites to try and help explain why we exist. They are not rock-solid foundations upon which to base your existence though. An omniscient, omnipotent being never breathed directly into you, and you are not made of mud. You are composed primarily of water. And the breath which we inhale and exhale has origins in plant life, and is understood scientifically. Praise nature before you praise God.

Finally, love is nothing more than an action, and all actions are ultimately aimed toward continuation of the self. There is no such thing as a selfless act, regardless of how honest and true someone claims to be, some kind of motivation rests behind every movement taken. Those who espouse to have conquered the ego, overcome their earthly manifestation and now resonate at a higher frequency are often the most ego-absorbed and out-of-touch with the advancements of the species. If love is the route through which we adorn ideological blinders, and ignore the advancements—in opposition to our own beliefs—of our species, in favor of self-fulfillment and ego-stroking, then love cannot be the answer.

So where does that leave us? At the most important cross-roads of all: to the south we have chance conception, life arising from nothing, sparked by nothing more than happenstance. Ahead of us we have uncertainty, doubt, speculation, and Yogi's with their hands on backwards. To the left and right we have progression inward and outward: ego-stroking and species invoking technologies which we can either use to advance ourselves, or our race. Each and every one of us stands in the middle of this cross-roads. Life is about what we choose to do with the 4 paths presented to us.

Do we ignore the journey to this point?
Do we only see the supposed end result?
Do we turn inward (left) and seek self-fulfillment at the expense of others?
Do we turn outward (right) and seek an egalitarian nature with all fellow species?
Can we move in every direction all at once, without losing out composure?

I don't really know. What I do know, is that you won't find the answer in the Bible, or the Torah, or the Qur'an. It's not in the teachings of the Buddha or the poetry of Suffi alone, or the spinning of their Dervish brethren. It's not found in the writings of Aleister Crowley, or the Golden Dawn. Neither the Masons nor the Rosicrucian has the whole truth. The Hindus and Jains and those who practice Shinto and Voodoo only know what they wish to see. I guess the real answer is to be found in removing ourselves from the trappings of religion, spirituality, and pop-mysticism in favor of experiencing only what is real, clear, substantial, and moving.

Good luck.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is my thoughts:

There's no purpose for us outside of our own existence as a race. Everything is about survival of the next generation. I think the problem is that we (the lucky ones at least) now are fully able to survive. And like most things in life, once you reach your goal, it doesn't take long before you want something more, but in this case, there isn't any "more" left.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The Meaning of Life can be sum'd up in 3 equations:

X² - 1 = X + 1

X² - 1 = X - 1

X² - 1 = X

Which One R U?

> -1 0 +1 <

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by conlget

The meaning of life is to love! The reason for life is to experience!

2nd line!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by conlget

The meaning of life is to love! The reason for life is to experience!

stop using words from nothing and for, what is life abstraction first before jumping on inventing a mean to

life is objective absolute freedom fact, which is of true existence being real

now what could that mean? i relatively would say it could mean freedom value since it is principally about objective freedom realities, while freedom value is truth superiority as the only reason of constancy source where also constancy value is the only reason of truth superiority source

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
for all who really mean to know

truth is the value of absolute freedom that mean objective constancy value

constancy is the value of absolute fact that mean objective freedom truth value

then

truth value become the conception of constancy value for its absolute objective fact, existence

where constancy value become the conception of truth value for its absolute superiority fact, freedom

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
so all values wether from inner side constancy or outside truth mean exclusively absolute value

so no value mean love

why value mean absolute? this is the real question of the issue here

bc value is relative so it needs absolute to be itself whole fact objectively real, existing free

why relative mean itself free existence, bc relative is superior to absolute

why relative is superior to absolute?

bc true superiority is by definition relative since normality is never superior and all to zero fact which is a value by itself when it is absolute zero fact

why superiority must b ?

bc superiority is the reason of constancy and truth, so always first and last fact

so relative superiority must be objectively positive present for absolute positive superiority to b always constantly true

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Once one removes all ego, they will finally understand the Universe is not about us nor for us. We are but tools of proxy for the Infinite to possess finite in addition to possessing infinite. On one hand we are very important, but from the other, not at all.

That does imply God does not exist, just it is religions that got it mostly wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by conlget

I have heard many different opinions on this subject and I think that all of them are correct, but you know a really nice way to look at it is try to understand why "you" are alive? why are you doing what you are doing, and not doing something else instead? Why are "you" you? Why did "you" enter this world and not someone else? Who are "you"? Ask yourself that, and try to understand without offing yourselves. I feel if you understand why "you" are you then you might be able to understand the meaning of life, not just for you but for others as well. Just look at yourself before you try to understand the bigger picture.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Once one removes all ego, they will finally understand the Universe is not about us nor for us. We are but tools of proxy for the Infinite to possess finite in addition to possessing infinite. On one hand we are very important, but from the other, not at all.

That does imply God does not exist, just it is religions that got it mostly wrong.

If by "us" U mean humans, correct, but If U mean WE the Souls, eYe'd have to argue that One.

Another statement is also questionable as 2 what U'r referring 2:

"We are but tools of proxy for the Infinite to possess finite in addition to possessing infinite."

The Infinite is kNot possessive by nature, She's processive, but if U'r statement is concerning finite knowledge & trUth acquired by the questions of the finites and the Infinite, which comprise the Infinite's database, then Pee On, because the Infinite does possess knowledge & trUth!

As 2 importance, that puddle of pee is sand!
eYe've mentioned on here that WE can pull the plug at any given finite moment and all lifeforms on this planet will cease to function immediately, but the chickens think they are 2 special 4 that 2 ever happen.

As 2 religion, they're part of the Con, sew what'd U expect?

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Well............Didn't read this post but I'm responding here because I'm too drunk to figure out how to do my own post. . . BUT! It's good but short stuff. I believe the MEANING OF LIFE---- yes, the almighty "meaning of life"--- is "HAPPINESS". What DON'T YOU DO to experience happiness? You eat, you sleep, you dance.... because it makes you feel good. A.K.A. Happy. The meaning of life is happiness, the means of life is freedom. What say you?

reply to post by conlget

top topics

<<   2 >>

join