It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Obama Conspiracy to Kill the Second Amendment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
They will never get our guns. As much as they try. Billions spent. Fast and furious. It doesn't matter. The Government will never take our guns.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reading this forum while cleaning my guns.. fat chance they are taking my babies..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I doubt it will work however I am not so sure it won't the willingness of the people to put up with ever increasing police state tactics and tyranny never ceases to amaze me so we'll see I guess...

That’s the part that scares me. I’m worried that there won’t be enough outrage over such action. Sure, the red states will make a stink but the simple fact that there were enough American’s willing to vote Obama into office makes me wonder if we have the numbers to keep this from happening.

If the second amendment goes, so goes any semblance of freedom we enjoy today.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sounds like another great plot for the gun manufacturers to sell more guns to the fools who believe this crap!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why should anyone be surprised? You've seen the damage being done to Freedom of speech, assembly and press, many of you applaud it or help perpetuate it, did you think the shredding of the Constitution would remain convenient to your likes and dislikes? You've seen the militarization of the police forces nation wide. You've seen the increase of TSA. You've seen the NDAA signed into law. You've seen them try to restrict the internet. Why are you surprised?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It’s no surprise but it is worrisome.

All of the things you cited needed to be done BEFORE a big push to remove the 2nd amendment; they have laid the groundwork. They’ve built up their capabilities to combat any resistance….at least that appears to be their intent with all of these things. I still don’t think they will be successful but I know they will continue to try.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Why do so many let it get that far though? Why wait til they knock on your door and demand your firearms? Why give them an inch let alone miles in allowing the DHS, Mayors and police forces on the enforcement side to squash protest and then on the legislative side to pass bills such as the NDAA and this new bill that restricts protest and cheer it because it swept away something you don't like. Why did you buy into the propaganda that made it a pill we wanted to swallow?

I despise guns, I have my whole life and that's why I don't own one. I promise you that even though you failed me, I won't fail you. The Constitution says we have the right to bear arms and so we do. I won't silently let this right fade away too. We should be protecting each other and our rights even if we disagree ideologically, not participating in these verbal political gladiator games.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Why do so many let it get that far though? Why wait til they knock on your door and demand your firearms? Why give them an inch let alone miles in allowing the DHS, Mayors and police forces on the enforcement side to squash protest and then on the legislative side to pass bills such as the NDAA and this new bill that restricts protest and cheer it because it swept away something you don't like. Why did you buy into the propaganda that made it a pill we wanted to swallow?

I didn’t! I’m a conservative who want’s limited government. I draw the line when the so-called “peaceful protests” turn into a nightmare scenario that infringes upon the rights of others.

I despise guns, I have my whole life and that's why I don't own one. I promise you that even though you failed me, I won't fail you. The Constitution says we have the right to bear arms and so we do. I won't silently let this right fade away too. We should be protecting each other and our rights even if we disagree ideologically, not participating in these verbal political gladiator games.

The left in America go after gun rights. I’m not a member of the left. You and I agree on a lot of things OWS originally stood for as well as many things the Tea Party stands for now (though I haven’t heard you admit that). Who held the first protest this century in DC against government overreach? It wasn’t OWS

I’m not opposed to protesting, I just choose not to have Marxists (and other ‘ists’) standing by my side because we do not share the same views on most things.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Can you imagine, honestly, the carnage that would occur if anyone tried to take our guns? I know one thing for sure. I wouldn't want to be the one who signed THAT order.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
First, establish your FEMA camps...Next, kill the 2nd amendment and wait for your natural disaster. Declare marshal law...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You keep referring to very isolated events as if Occupy are doing these things all the time, you also ignore the fact that many protesters there at those events pointed out the offenders to police and were told to deal with it themselves.

I have actually apologized to members here who are Tea Party members or supporters and actually long before OWS came along. I jumped on the racist signs and hate speech but a member I respect very much showed me how the media was blowing that out of proportion and was even to point out where there was a person at several different rallies causing all kinds of trouble. Sounds a bit familiar doesn't it? I don't particular like the Tea Party, I do hope that both sides can come together on common goals but aside from that I don't share their values, much as you don't share Occupy values...but the truth is the truth, I saw it and apologized for my assumptions and wrongness. Truth is truth whether we like it or not. To pretend otherwise only takes away from yourself.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I personally know our Sherriff would not confiscate weapons -

All I can say is if anyone intends to come get mine they'd better bring along some body bags as well and pack a lunch.

The government spent about a million dollars training me to use them over a 24 year career...

I say good luck with that one.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join