It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Obama Conspiracy to Kill the Second Amendment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
All this talk about Obama trying to take away guns - if there's one topic that Obama has NEVER talked about, it's firearms. Even when Gabby Gifford was shot and nearly killed. Obama has NEVER indicated a policy toward gun legislation. The NRA isn't just reading tea leaves, it's imagining the tea leaves are there.

That was a brilliant analogy.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Maybe you should go back to when you 14 and stand in front of a loaded gun weilded by a madman with your litlle sister to protect. THEN, maybe you would be the one to understand where I am coming from.

And yes I did come close to dying. All it would have taken is for him to move that trigger just a little bit.

I could go back to when I was six years old and relive the time a man threatened to kill me and my mother with a large "hunting" knife. The only thing that saved us from death or serious injury was my father pulling his revolver. Suddenly the guy realized that he had important business else where. He took off at a fast run through traffic.

I could go back to a day when my daughter was less than sixteen months old. I was at the store picking up diapers and formula. A man approached me in the parking lot and pulled a folding knife. (It was the type you can buy at any Wal Mart.) He demanded my money or my life. I pulled my pistol and amazingly he reacted just like the man some 20+ years ago. He beat a hasty retreat. I kept my money, my child's food, and my life.

I don't call for the banning or super tight regulation of knives though. I call for the prosecution of criminals and addressing the social and economic factors that lead to most of these cases.

According to peer reviewed studies such as, "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment" by David McDowall, it has been shown that guns are used to defend lives up to 989,883 times per year. The same year that study was published the total murder rate (not just gun involved) was 15,586. So, it would seem to me that a gun is 63 times more likely to be used for defensive purposes.

I understand your situation was scary. However, your one experience does not equal a well balanced picture of the world.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

With the exception of the AWB none of those were during his presidency. You can't honestly tell me there's reason for the average citizen to own an assault rifle, can you? If you do bother explaining try and avoid the 'big gubment' argument.

Do you know what an assault rifle is?

An assault rifle is technically a rifle that fires a cartridge of intermediate size and has a selectable rate of fire. Guess what, those are already illegal to own in most states. Where they are legal they are regulated under laws that force a person to ask their local head of police and the ATF for permission to own the gun. If they are granted permission they must pay a special tax for the privillege of owning the gun. Then they have to find a dealer with a class three federal firearms license to transfer ownership of the gun from the current owner to them. Plus the gun must not have been newly manufactured before 1986 and must not have been deemed non-transferable under other regulations.

In other words, true assault rifles are not something that you can pick up at your average gun store. IF you can find a store with one in stock the chances are it is going to cost you at least $3,000. Then you will have to wait until the local chief of police and the ATF investigate you and decide if they want to grant you permission. That isn't exactly the process or money you go through to get a rifle to commit a crime.

If you are talking about scary black rifles that fire one shot every time you pull the trigger, you are ill informed. The definition of "assault rifle" that was put forth by the media and anti-gun advocates is false. It was a ploy to scare people in to believing citizens could buy military weapons. It was dreamed up when anti-gun proponets figured out they couldn't get people to endorse banning handguns. They decided to play on fear and ignorance to scare people in to supporting an "assault weapons ban." The whole plan as explained by the Washington Post was to make headway to push for further regulations and bans.

What the Politicians actually banned were cosmetic features that do not effect the function or efficiency of the gun. What most people call an assault rifle is merely a cosmetically altered hunting rifle. The same rifles that people have used for generations to rid farms of predators and varmints. The exact same guns that have brought food home to family tables. The only difference is that the ergonomics and cosmetics were changed. They don't do anything different than the same rifle your grandfather or great grandfather probably used to hunt.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed

If he tries to get anything through by Executive Order it will be quickly challeneged up to the Supreme Court who recently has solidly backed the 2nd amendment.

I don't see what you are specifically threatened by and certainly no signs of a "massive conspiracy."

Well he did sign an executive order that gave agencies like the ATF broad new powers in fighting "terror" and international crime. The first thing the ATF did was institute a program that forces federally licensed dealers to report anyone buying more than one rifle above .22 caliber in a five day period. Basically they created a gun registry in the four states bordering Mexico. They did this despite the fact that they were the ones selling the guns to cartels. They did this despite the fact that FFL dealers were already voluntarily cooperating with the ATF to take down straw purchasers.

Like every recent president he runs to the executive order when congress is stacked against him.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
wow people actually think obama is NOT trying to end gun ownership in america? i thought this was common knowledge?

more proof that people believe EVERYTHING the TV tells them, which is why the people of this country are in for a rude awakening.

the 2nd amendment was put in place to protect the 1st. you hippie extreme leftists seem to forget that or are blinded by some delusion that whenever guns are outlawed that's when we live in peace. well guess what? guns are almost illegal, yet i can go buy a gun on the street for half the cost and no paper work. yeah these laws really work.

what do you guys think will happen when that 2nd can no longer protect that 1st? pack your bags we're going to camp fema for permanent vacation

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As a strong supporter of the second amendment, I can see that this is all about support for the NRA. They're all about fear and I don't buy it. Obama knows he can't go after the nations firearms, even if he wanted to. This is just a conspiracy theory to scare people into supporting the NRA... And I see it has been successful.

Obama isn't stupid, no matter how much you guys want to think that, He'd have to be an idiot to go after guns. This is just a manipulation tactic.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The 2nd amendment has been under attack for a long time from many different places - politicians, media spin, the NWO, the UN, you name it. It's not just an 'Obama thing'. He may be a tool being used by higher powers to try to strip Americans of their 2nd Amendment rights, but I can't say that he should be the headliner in 'massive Obama conspiracy to kill the second amendment'. More accurate ... 'massive world wide conspiracy to kill the 2nd amendment in the USA' .. that would fit better I think.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As a strong supporter of the second amendment, I can see that this is all about support for the NRA. They're all about fear and I don't buy it. Obama knows he can't go after the nations firearms, even if he wanted to. This is just a conspiracy theory to scare people into supporting the NRA... And I see it has been successful.

I agree...this whole thing is about selling guns. It happened 4 years ago and it's going to happening again...unfortunately people are stupid enough to fall for it again.

Let them buy more guns.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
fear mongering at it's worst

evidence ?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Obama isn't stupid, no matter how much you guys want to think that, He'd have to be an idiot to go after guns. This is just a manipulation tactic.

I respect you BH but... really? Obama has managed to have America declared a battleground and it's citizens terrorist suspects for paying cash and storing food. Let us also not forget Obama's support for Hilary and the UN small arms treaty. It's not a matter of stupidity but one of arrogance and agenda.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
Sounds like your typical "don't vote for this guy" rhetoric to me.
Personally, I don't vote. What's the point when the deck is stacked, right?
However, I'm not worried.

The cool part about the 2nd Amendment...

...it's protected by the 2nd Amendment.

Ya, the constitution used to protect Americans against illegal search and seizure.

Ever heard of NDAA??

Who would sign such a thing??? OH YEAH....OBAMA!

edit on 10-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Lemme guess. You were ok with the U.S. Patriot Act though, right? RABID IDEOLOGUES ARE RUINING THE COUNTRY.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
fear mongering at it's worst

evidence ?

Well, it appears Obama has succeeded in fooling a lot of people here. I understand there is no concrete evidence as to what he might do during a second term but to say that he has no anti-gun agenda is to be fooled.

"I just want you to know that we are working on [gun control]. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar,” President Obama told Sarah Brady, the former president of the Brady Campaign, this past spring. His push has been quiet but relentless.

How about using taxpayer funds to lobby for gun control?

Just this past week Obama signaled that he was going to just ignore two new parts of the 2012 Omnibus Spending bill. Although he signed the spending bill into law, he simultaneously issued a so-called "signing statement," a note that presidents have started attaching to legislation stating how they interpret the law they are signing or whether they believe part of it is unconstitutional.

Obama’s statement claimed that Congress couldn’t put restrictions on how he wanted to spend to fund lobbying for gun control and the National Institute of Health studies of gun control.

I bet you didn’t know he tried to ban target practice on public lands.

Obama has had numerous false starts on gun control. Just in November, his administration moved to ban target practice on public lands, but the opposition was so swift and strong they immediately backtracked.

How about his attempted ban on historic semi-automatic rifles? Who is going to use an antique for nefarious purposes?

The Obama administration instituted a ban on importing "historic" semi-automatic rifles into the US.

How about submitting the US to UN firearms constraints? Nothing wrong with that to you?

In sharp contrast to the Bush administration, President Obama strongly supports the UN Arms Trade Treaty even though he knows that any such treaty are unlikely to obtain the two-thirds vote in the Senate needed for ratification. What the regulations will do is lead to severe restrictions on private gun ownership around the world.

How about his push to limit the sale of high powered rifles? Hilariously, “high powered” is defined as anything over .22 caliber!!

The administration instituted new rules on selling "high-powered rifles," defined as a caliber of greater than .22.

Many of the people Obama has appointed and nominated for various positions all hold strong anti-gun beliefs.

The administration nominated Andrew Traver, someone who supports gun bans, as the head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan headed up President Clinton’s push for gun control when she worked for his White House during the 1990s.

And Justice Sonia Sotomayor has signed on to a Supreme Court opinion stating that there is no individual right to "private self-defense" with guns.
link

Go ahead and be duped if you must! Many of us see what’s going on.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This issue again? Pllleeease. NOT HAPPENING. Unless of course America wants to declare an all out war on it's citizens. Sorry, but there are already too many guns out there to defend the 2nd amendment.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama pro gun? You gotta be kidding me. Just wait to see what's around the corner, folks. If he gets reelected, I truly believe that our constitution is going to be completely run over and those cronies in Washington DC are going to increase the level of total destruction to what once was a glorious country with high hopes and aspirations. Now we are little more than slaves. Something I wasn't raised to believe in, nor did I expect it, growing up in the 60s and 70s. The fight to get our rights back is going to be almost impossible, now that we have let them slip away from us. Congress and the POTUS can disagree all they want, the American people can still stand up and say "enough". 2012 is going to be one turbulent year, I'm afraid.

Yeah we have run into that "new rule" that you cannot purchase more than one gun in a week's time, when as a couple, we wanted to purchase a pair of handguns for our own personal protection. Things are getting hairy up here in North Dakota, since we got all the influx of new workers- mostly in the oil fields. Alot of them coming up here aren't exactly the "cream of the crop" and our crime rates are skyrocketing. And what stinks is that it's mostly against people, not so much property crimes. Rape on the open highway, killings by boyfriends, all sorts of nasty stuff in an area that was considered a "sleepy prairie town". I spend at least 15 hours a day by myself on the open prairie or in the badlands, and, being the only female, and the only one out at the work camp during the daylight hours, I've had to deal with several incidents involving our RV's and guys "casing" the site. They see a female- they blow me off......til they see the gun holster. They usually don't wait around to find out if I'm serious or not. (I am)

I don't get why this anti gun thing is going around anyway. Granted, we have a 2nd amendment, making it our right to bear arms. What most don't understand, is that with this right, comes a huge responsibility- that of knowing how to use your gun, how to take care of it, and becoming an accurate shot, so some innocent bystander doesn't get shot.

Enough on the soapbox.....*steps down*

Peace!
SK

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Obama has never once stated anything about taking anyones guns. why dont people use there brains its election time its one of the fear mongering anti democrat lies that come out around every election the NRA is on a donation campaign plain and simple. its amazing how the republican sheeple will buy into these lies at a drop of hat do republican ever take the time to listen to bull crap there party force feeds them on fox news and the NRA and say im tired of being lied to and made to be scared for there political gain. It amazes me how people can vote against there own interest time and time again with this party.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

You’re intentionally overlooking every shred of evidence posted in this thread.

I cannot reason with dishonesty and ignorance, sir.

He’s never said or done anything anti-gun, huh?

Obama Was Director Of Anti-Gun Joyce Foundation, Which Spent Millions On Gun-Control Causes. “Adding even further skepticism to Obama’s claim of support for the 2nd Amendment is his previous service as a director of the Joyce Foundation. Since 2000, the Joyce Foundation has provided over $15 Million in funding to radical gun control organizations such as the Violence Policy Center and the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence. The Joyce Foundation is tightly linked to the Soros Open Society Institute — an extremist group that advocates a worldwide ban on civilian firearm ownership.” (Illinois State Rifle Association, “ISRA Blasts Candidate Obama On His Record Of Hostility Toward Law-Abiding Firearm Owners,” Press Release, 8/24/04)

On 1996 Questionnaire, Obama Answered “Yes” To Question About His Support For Legislation To “Ban The Manufacture, Sale And Possession Of Handguns.” Question: “Do you support state legislation to … ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? [Obama's Response:] Yes.” (Independent Voters Of Illinois Independent Precinct Organization 1996 General Candidate Questionnaire, Barack Obama Responses, 9/10/96)

In 2003, Obama Voted In Support Of Legislation That “Would Have Banned Most Of The Privately Held Hunting Shotguns, Target Rifles, And Black Powder Rifles” In Illinois. “[I]n 2003, Obama voted in support of SB1195, which, if passed, would have banned most of the privately held hunting shotguns, target rifles, and black powder rifles in the state. If the ban was enacted, law enforcement officials would have been authorized to forcibly enter private homes to confiscate newly banned firearms.” (Illinois State Rifle Association, “ISRA Blasts Candidate Obama On His Record Of Hostility Toward Law-Abiding Firearm Owners,” Press Release, 8/24/04)

In 2004, Obama Called For Federal Legislation To Pre-empt State Concealed Carry Laws. “In a February survey of Democratic primary candidates for the U.S. Senate by the Tribune, Obama said he opposed allowing ordinary citizens to carry concealed weapons and that a federal law banning concealed carried weapons except for law enforcement is needed.” (Liam Ford, “Keyes Backs Law On Concealed Guns,” Chicago Tribune, 8/25/04)
link

I can go on and on but it won’t matter to you. You wouldn’t admit it publically even if he called you and told you himself.

edit on 11-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
OK, since a mod decided to move this thread.....here is my reply to the other thread.

FTA:

FTA: While delivering one of the liveliest and best-received speeches at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said the president's low-key approach to gun rights during his first term was "a "conspiracy to ensure re-election by lulling gun owners to sleep." Hardly sounds like factual evidence there.

Hardly sounds like factual evidence there.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Want to get stars and flags...create a thread where gun ownership is threatened...watch the man child's cry about their precious guns being taken away.

Want to get stars and flags...Create a thread about how America is being the oppressor of the world.Watch those American haters cry about all the ills America has done,while they sit on their comfortable asses,hiding away behind a computer screen.....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
Obama has never once stated anything about taking anyones guns. why dont people use there brains its election time its one of the fear mongering anti democrat lies that come out around every election the NRA is on a donation campaign plain and simple. its amazing how the republican sheeple will buy into these lies at a drop of hat do republican ever take the time to listen to bull crap there party force feeds them on fox news and the NRA and say im tired of being lied to and made to be scared for there political gain. It amazes me how people can vote against there own interest time and time again with this party.

Fine. Don't do any research and disregard all of the evidence presented on this thread.
You will be singing a different tune when they come for your A-1 Disintegrating Pistol!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join