It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek police union wants to arrest EU/IMF officials

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

I am with the Greek people, like the Italian people, the American people. As some have mentioned here, the debt is fraudulent because the system itself is fraudulent. The leaders do not represent the people. It doesn't matter if the government spent more than it could afford in a system designed to fail. In this scheme, you have to spend more than you could EVER repay. If the heads of government don't play the game that the IMF and the central bankers want them to play, they are replaced. Someone mentioned that the real enemy is the government. That is partially true, but they are not the ONLY enemy. Someone mentioned that the Greeks lived a "lavish" lifestyle. Everyone that can live a lavish lifestyle WILL live a lavish lifestyle except for saints and martyrs. A fair economic system will punish and reward fairly. This fraud of an economic system punishes EVERYONE and rewards the FEW at the top, regardless of fault or merit. It is refreshing that so many people now can see that the system itself is a fraud, but there are still holdouts and trolls.

Well put, and let me add...

This whole topic is a no-brainer if you have looked into the actions of the IMF for decades now, of course you have to look deeper than the nightly news and your own blind patriotism. I have and so has a man named Greg Palast.

www.gregpalast.com...

Greg attended Milton Friedman's class as he trained to be an economist. The difference between Greg and his other classmates was that Greg was not training to go to South America to victimize the countries down there. Therefore Greg came away with the opinion that Milton F. was an idiot and his "Free Market" plan was a recipe for disaster. If you read any or all of Greg's books;

The Best Democracy Money Can Buy

Armed Madhouse

Vultures Picnic

you will have a clear picture of how the IMF operates and what there purpose is today. They have come a long way since the post WWII days when they were created to help rebuild war shattered Europe.

Today as in recent decades the IMF has indeed adopted the tactics of loan sharks. A country is in trouble financially so in comes the IMF with an offer of a huge loan, but with provisions attached. what provisions you may ask. Privatization of major publicly owned utilities and services like power and water. Of course the whole time the country in question is being romanced into this deal the IMF and their corporate cheerleaders are telling the would be victim that this will do nothing but help the country.

In order to help the country in question decide that it is indeed in their best interest to take the loan the corporate cheerleading team goes into action by bribing the officials needed, usually a puppet installed by the US. (One of Greg's classmates!) The vicitims of this IMF led pillaging will be the poor of the country, in South America's case the Indian population, not the "white" moneyed faction. The white moneyed faction know what will happen, but the Indian population are an annoyance to them everyday so who cares if they won''t be able to buy water anymore?

On the power end of it privatization will benefit names like Bechtel and Entergy, who likewise promise prosperity for all right up until they take control of the country's electric system or oil fields, as the case may be. However when they do take over massive layoffs are put in place actually making conditions worse. But that is okay because they don't have any intention of performing maintenance or otherwise keeping up the infrastructure they have swindled away from the country in question. In one Latin American country Bechtel even had the foresight to make it illegal to collect rainwater from the rooftops since Bechtel owned that water too.

You see companies like Bechtel and Entergy, to name only two, are not in the power or water business to provide power or water, they are there to drain as many resources, including money, from the country they are helping. The money then does not stay in the country and help to stimulate the economy, which it would, but instead begins to migrate to the coffers of the western corporations.

The interest rates of the IMF are extremely high, in fact usury is the term that was once used for this type of lending, but that was long ago when the word monopoly didn't only mean a popular board game. The rate of returns made by the power and water companies? Minimal at best. Well it does not take an economist to see that this is an elaborate swindle. In fact it is such a no-brainer that the poor and often illiterate Indian population of the various South American countries can even see it. Although I must say that things become rather clear when you suddenly cannot afford to buy water that used to be free or a minimal expense to your family.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Its not about what happens to these corporate vampires, its about the INFORMATION!!!
If these Greek patriots do manage to arrest the head of the IMF collection agency in Greece, there will be all kinds of records minutes of sensitive meetings names and dates of stuff that will begin to make the picture of how the entire country was enslaved by the IMF, the BIS, and the rest of the bankers.....
This is a common recipe for the control of nations, and politicians.....
The Loaners knew exactly what they were doing to Greece,and the rest of the world economy as well.....
The barstids make money off of bad times and goos times.....they control when we get both.....
You cannotblame the greeks for this...They are a hard working people who merely lived as they were told they could....And i hardly think the Greeks have the highest standards of living.....
The police need to get busy and make good on their promise.....
The world should see what the bankers have ripped off since the 2nd world war.....
We truely would chase them down the street with a rope......

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by giugliot
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
No - confidence of everyone else makes right - and the petro-dollar still has everyone else thinking it is worth buying. Whether you like it or not, the US$ is still the pre-eminent reserve currency in the world. Perhaps one day that will change and the US will have to change along with it - but that's how things are right now.

Are you seriously asserting that blatant fraudulent Government overspending is acceptable just because “S$ is still the pre-eminent reserve currency in the world”…? What a complete nonsense.

Whether it is acceptable is a value judgment - an opinion.

It is a fact that the US$ being the pre-eminent reserve currency/petrodollar is what ENABLES the US to run massive deficits - if it wasn't for that then the US would be in the same situation as Greece - or maybe worse. And if it ever changes then there will be plenty of trouble.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I wonder what the police union was doing when the Greek government was spending/squandering all the money?

Oh wait...today's movement du jour thinks that the austerity measures the EU is pushing on Greece are something new...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

And now they want to blame someone else....

Ah Xcathdra defending the IMF i see.

Sadly unlike you, i have a family in greece and they know whats going on, people, greek police knew it aswell, there starting to revolt against IMF and personally i think they should, and also i am not surprised your defending the actions by the globalists as in IMF and others.

Are you Xcathdra blaming the greek people then? why i am not surprised well in any case, you defended the NATO actions in Libya so this is not a huge surprise.

No offense meant Xcathdra.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Then they should be well aware that the IMF and EU are not the problem.

Nobody had any real issues when the Greek governments were holding their hands out to accept IMF and EU money...they just have issue with paying back the money borrowed.

I guess that shouldn't be overly shocking in today's "it's not my fault' world.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join