It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek police union wants to arrest EU/IMF officials

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Great to see a country wanting to take back their autonomy.!

This reminds me of when the French banned the Jesuit military/bankers from France after they almost bankrupted the country by funding both sides of the French/Indian war
edit on 10-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by XPLodER

Dude it's GREECE not GREASE. Big difference

And Yes we will take 'em down!!!!

im sorry GREECE
i tryed to correct the spelling but the time was up
i ment no disrespect,

i will be careful to spell the country correctly in the future

sorry guys.

prosicute the REAL criminals the 1%
xploder

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by XPLodER

Ah yes.. Another government who runs the economy into the ground and makes promises it cant keep.. They beg the EU / IMF for bailout loans, which they get yet they fail to make the required cuts, prolonging the inevitable. The Police should be arresting their own government.

And now they want to blame someone else....

typical...
edit on 10-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

In most regards I agree. What bothers me a lot about the Greek debacle is that to a certain extent part of this problem lies with her own people. I think the "troika" are turd blossoms just as much as anyone else. The Greeks lived very well for the past 20 years, way beyond her means. At the time when the going was good nobody gave a rats ass or questioned their lavish lifestyles, yet alone her own people. Many in positions of relative authority knew full well the party couldn't last but life went on. There have been countless stories of hoarding, ridiculous pension expectations and living life like there's no tomorrow. Now I read stories whereby the Greeks are pissed at the Germans for not contributing. How bout looking in the mirror ? Hell Greeks don't even have an elected head of government at this point....so much for the cradle of democracy.

Greece is done, no secret there. They will enter a severe recession (or should I say have entered) leading to that countries worst depression. Crime and suicides are already sky rocketing. I don't know the answer I don't think anyone does. What is almost certain now is that Greece is the small problem here unless credit default swaps go boom. Italy & France are much bigger and more of a concern.

brill

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

seen this reported on the 5.30 pm irish news , but not on the bbc...the police also said they would not attack fellow countrymen...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Xcathdra

LOL Funny answer, but completely wrong. I see there is no point discussing anything with someone so blinded by government propaganda and mainstream TV that he exhibits the ostrich effect and likes to mix it all up into one incoherent mess. OWS, protests and Anonymous, really? Good luck with that.

I didnt realize I struck a nerve.. Next time I promise to speak incoherently and babble about blaming others just for you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Its no different than the issues in the US belonging to to the people as well.. We get to overthrow our government every 2 years and yet people would rather vote for American Idol.

Greece is no different...

The government made promises it couldn't keep... The people didn't care until it directly affected them, which by that point its to late to resolve the situation normally, as we are seeing.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Amazing - a Greek union - at the forefront of demanding gold-plated employment conditions that the country can' afford for years - complaining when they are finally forced to face the reality that you can't spend money yuo don't have!

That and of course the usual ATG cheer squad blaming everyone except hte greeks.

Kook - it's like this - if yuo keep spending money you dont' have, and if you lie to your lenders about how much you are spending and earning - then sooner or later you end up in fianacial trouble.

It doesn't matter whehter big banks help you do it or not, and it doesnt matter whether you are a country or a person - you still have to live within your means!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Amazing - a Greek union - at the forefront of demanding gold-plated employment conditions that the country can' afford for years - complaining when they are finally forced to face the reality that you can't spend money yuo don't have!

That and of course the usual ATG cheer squad blaming everyone except hte greeks.

Kook - it's like this - if yuo keep spending money you dont' have, and if you lie to your lenders about how much you are spending and earning - then sooner or later you end up in fianacial trouble.

It doesn't matter whehter big banks help you do it or not, and it doesnt matter whether you are a country or a person - you still have to live within your means!

Ehm, why don´t you tell that to the U.S Govt. Like Ron Paul try to do. Apparently they don´t care about living outside their means, "Might makes right", right?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

No - confidence of everyone else makes right - and the petro-dollar still has everyone else thinking it is worth buying.

Whether you like it or not, the US$ is still the pre-eminent reserve currency in the world. Perhaps one day that will change and the US will have to change along with it - but that's how things are right now.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Just curious. Say the Greek police arrest every bank worker and government official in Greece, including the IMF head for Greece. Say further that they have trouble invading other European countries, so they have to leave the rest of the IMF alone. Say finally that all of those arrested are tried, executed, and their bodies burned for a marshmallow roast in Athens.

Then what? At the very best, Greece would become a bare subsistence, agricultural society. At the worst, it could become the Somalia of Europe. They would have no money, no one would lend them money. How would they be better off?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Just curious. Say the Greek police arrest every bank worker and government official in Greece, including the IMF head for Greece. Say further that they have trouble invading other European countries, so they have to leave the rest of the IMF alone. Say finally that all of those arrested are tried, executed, and their bodies burned for a marshmallow roast in Athens.

Then what? At the very best, Greece would become a bare subsistence, agricultural society. At the worst, it could become the Somalia of Europe. They would have no money, no one would lend them money. How would they be better off?

that would be highly unlikely if the police laid criminal charges,
fraudlent debt is rebuked,
interest forgiveness allows countries to "get their heads above water" in monetary terms,
it is the rolling of interest that eventually kills an economey,
if we realise the conections between interest and productivity,

IMHO
IF NO COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HAD TO PAY INTEREST REPAYMENTS,
they would start to pay off the principal debt,

everyone still gets paid except people making money from high interest rates,
ie the really big banks

if the people have already moved to smaller local credit unions,
the captivity of the big banks means a nation held to less and less money in an expanding american environment,

fed to big 5 bank 0.02% rate
big 5 bank to you 07.5%rate

and they still arent loaning money into the REAL economey.
so death by strangluation of the currency contraction in supply,ie fake scercity
or secure the accepted value of the dollar by prosicuting anyone atempting to destroy its value,

i note a law in america about printing currency while at war and clandestinly giving it to forign nations at the time of war,
was a treasonous even, yet ben bernake seems to have done just that,
the law was originally past to make it a crime to undermine the country by way of counterfieting currency,
or simply over supply currency while the country was "AT WAR"
this would constitue treason

i think if a simple investigation isnt out of order?
how much was printed and how much does that undermine the american people who use the money on a day to day basis.

that act of criminal printing and unpressedented supply of credit and then expatriating it to forign countries and entities,

DURING a time of decleared war is a crime IMHO still "on the books"
it is not the system at fault,
it is a small group who betted against a country,

xploder

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Dear XPLodER,

Thank you very much. You always provide kind and complete answers to my questions and I learn a lot from you.

I wanted to find out more about Greece's economy so I started where I usually do, Wiki: www.ask.com...

In early 2010, it was revealed that successive Greek governments had been found to have consistently and deliberately misreported the country's official economic statistics to keep within the monetary union guidelines. This had enabled Greek governments to spend beyond their means, while hiding the actual deficit from the EU overseers.

In May 2010, the Greek government deficit was again revised and estimated to be 13.6% for the year, which was one of the highest in the world relative to GDP. Total public debt was forecast, according to some estimates, to hit 120% of GDP during 2010, one of the highest rates in the world.

As a consequence, there was a crisis in international confidence in Greece's ability to repay its sovereign debt. In order to avert such a default, in May 2010 the other Eurozone countries, and the IMF, agreed to a rescue package which involved giving Greece an immediate €45 billion in bail-out loans, with more funds to follow, totaling €110 billion. In order to secure the funding, Greece was required to adopt harsh austerity measures to bring its deficit under control. Their implementation will be monitored and evaluated by the European Commission, the European Central Bank and the IMF.

On 15 November 2010 the EU's statistics body Eurostat revised the public finance and debt figure for Greece . . . and put Greece's 2009 government deficit at 15.4% of GDP and public debt at 126.8% of GDP making it the biggest deficit (as a percentage of GDP) amongst the EU member nations . . . .

The financial crisis – particularly the austerity package put forth by the EU and the IMF – has been met with anger by the Greek public, leading to riots and social unrest. Despite the long range of austerity measures, the government deficit has not been reduced accordingly, mainly, according to many economists, due to the subsequent recession. Consequently, the country's debt to GDP continues to rise rapidly.
It looks as though the government started wrong by borrowing too much, then the recession hit and they couldn't produce enough to pay the loans off. And, of course, the interest hurts, but I'm not sure they could pay the loans off even if there was no interest. As you say, productivity is crucial.

I agree with you that fraudulent debt should be investigated and the victim should be compensated, but beside wondering where the fraud was in this case, where would the trial be? The United Nations? Brussels? I'm not sure there was fraud, i think it might have been the greed of the Greek government.

Anyway thank you very much for writing.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Since you are continuing this destructive policy, we warn you that you cannot make us fight against our brothers. We refuse to stand against our parents, our brothers, our children or any citizen who protests and demands a change of policy," said the union, which represents more than two-thirds of Greek policemen.

reuters

my hope is that the people of grease and the world send massive support to the police as they are NOW IN THE MIDDLE of a titanic stuggle to ensure democracy does not fall,
IMHO
if grease fails to prosicute the rest of the world will see democracy extingushed in its traditional home,
so that criminal bankers can be above democracy and be opinonted it SAVIOUR

i support civil law, i support grease police, i dont support rule by banker.

xploder

grease? where is this country you speak of, does John Travolta live there?

anyway i think it's cool they are trying to send those elitist corrupt banksters the hell out of greece.
edit on 10-2-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
No - confidence of everyone else makes right - and the petro-dollar still has everyone else thinking it is worth buying. Whether you like it or not, the US$ is still the pre-eminent reserve currency in the world. Perhaps one day that will change and the US will have to change along with it - but that's how things are right now.

Are you seriously asserting that blatant fraudulent Government overspending is acceptable just because “S$ is still the pre-eminent reserve currency in the world”…? What a complete nonsense.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

its interesting that the police union or federation has made the connection between the bankers who destroyed their economy in the first instence, and the bankers sent in to finish the job. the reality of the situation is starting to dawn on the federation that AUSTERITY by the same banking cartel that crashed them is NOT GOING TO SAVE THEM.

IMHO
people want police to enforce laws AGAINST the cause of austerity, and against the criminals responceable for the need of AUSTERITY.

remember this, we the people WANT more NOT less police,
we WANT to see them PROTECT the people.
the police MUST BE SUPPORTED,
as AUSTERITY hits LESS AND LESS POLICE will be available to hold public order. this scares everybody
the criminals who pillaged and attempted distruction of a country, dont want MORE police, they want less.

INVESTIGATE THE FINACIAL FRAUD AND TAKE YOUR COUNTRY BACK.

Concern for man and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavors. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations.
albert einstien

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Greece isn't actually in trouble for the same reasons as the US or UK were (and indeed, many other European nations). Greece's banks didn't fare well, but the problem for Greece and several other European nations was borrowing far too much when credit was easy to get and bond yields were low, without appropriately factoring in how they were going to be able to pay it off if market conditions soured.

The US and many other financial institutions WERE hit hard however when they were sold collateralized debt, however, because the collateral was worth far, far less than the monies owed, and the debtors were almost certain to default on payments. Greece's problems are far more related to budgetary and fiscal responsibility than they are to the sort of problems we usually connect with this banking crisis.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by XPLodER

Ah yes.. Another government who runs the economy into the ground and makes promises it cant keep.. They beg the EU / IMF for bailout loans, which they get yet they fail to make the required cuts, prolonging the inevitable. The Police should be arresting their own government.

And now they want to blame someone else....

typical...
edit on 10-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

In most regards I agree. What bothers me a lot about the Greek debacle is that to a certain extent part of this problem lies with her own people. I think the "troika" are turd blossoms just as much as anyone else. The Greeks lived very well for the past 20 years, way beyond her means. At the time when the going was good nobody gave a rats ass or questioned their lavish lifestyles, yet alone her own people. Many in positions of relative authority knew full well the party couldn't last but life went on. There have been countless stories of hoarding, ridiculous pension expectations and living life like there's no tomorrow. Now I read stories whereby the Greeks are pissed at the Germans for not contributing. How bout looking in the mirror ? Hell Greeks don't even have an elected head of government at this point....so much for the cradle of democracy.

Greece is done, no secret there. They will enter a severe recession (or should I say have entered) leading to that countries worst depression. Crime and suicides are already sky rocketing. I don't know the answer I don't think anyone does. What is almost certain now is that Greece is the small problem here unless credit default swaps go boom. Italy & France are much bigger and more of a concern.

brill

In all fairness, calling a general election - in the midst of their greatest crisis in recent history after that idiot papandreou sent bold yields soaring after he approve the bailout and then said he would put it to referendum - would not be nor would have been the most prudent course of action.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

check his job .He's a american municipal officer and part and parcel of the bureaucracy..

edit on 11-2-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Whether we are talking about people cooking in the kitchen with too much grease on their hands or if we are talking about the Greeks in a country called Greece, everyone should live within their means. The problem in the West is that almost no one is doing it. Greeks have the choice to accept further austerity now or to default and have to take even greater austerity and lose a majority of their savings and value in property if they own any savings or property. Since I've read many Greeks don't pay all the tax that is typically paid in the US and they are used to plenty of government entitlements, some Greeks having been living the life it sounds to me. That is until it comes to pay the piper and the easy money runs out. It is starting with Greece. The problem is all the western countries are following a similar example and current politicians in the US are trying to expand the easy money. If the government doesn't cut spending, they instead inflate the money supply and rob Americans or whichever country has the option to do so, of all their citizens life savings by devaluing the currency of that country.

Right now Greece doesn't have the option to devalue their currency. They could if they dropped the Euro but the new currency would vastly devalue their current savings and property values. I guess they have a choice to kick the can farther down the road hoping for economic recovery or default and lose most value of all their citizens savings. From what I read, they will pass the measures and hope for a better plan. The rest of Europe wants some reassurances that the money loaned will be paid back. Either that or they are short selling the market and only made these recent demands to make some money or to establish long positions before they agree to a deal.

If I were Greece, I'd agree to a deal, then come back later and renegotiate to leave the Euro and convert to a new currency in an orderly fashion hopefully initially pegging so much of a new currency to the Euro so that Greeks don't lose all their life savings. Unless they think the situation will improve with the Euro.

A possible alternative might be to introduce a new Greek currency if the European union will allow it. Payments would be more cumbersome. However if prices of items were in Euros plus the new Greek currency, prices would be allowed to go up by adding the cost in the new currency or increasing the amount of Euros owed. With two separate currencies, the Greek currency could depreciate. I don't know if this is practical or a possible interim solution, just something I thought of. I do believe the Greek government needs more revenue and to get more revenue either requires tax increases or a growing economy. A country can only take a certain amount of tax increases before it destroys growth.

edit on 11/2/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know who has authorized this enormous purchase of Tanks.
IMF said something about it?Greece buy 400 MA1A Abrams Tanks! www.defencegreece.com...
It is a blackmail?

Go Greece! Go!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I am with the Greek people, like the Italian people, the American people.
As some have mentioned here, the debt is fraudulent because the system itself is fraudulent. The leaders do not represent the people. It doesn't matter if the government spent more than it could afford in a system designed to fail.
In this scheme, you have to spend more than you could EVER repay. If the heads of government don't play the game that the IMF and the central bankers want them to play, they are replaced.
Someone mentioned that the real enemy is the government. That is partially true, but they are not the ONLY enemy. Someone mentioned that the Greeks lived a "lavish" lifestyle. Everyone that can live a lavish lifestyle WILL live a lavish lifestyle except for saints and martyrs.
A fair economic system will punish and reward fairly. This fraud of an economic system punishes EVERYONE and rewards the FEW at the top, regardless of fault or merit.
It is refreshing that so many people now can see that the system itself is a fraud, but there are still holdouts and trolls.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join