It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL will be "Saved"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

the wicked will still return to the source

Oh.. I thought Jesus said the tares would be gathered and burned?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

the wicked will still return to the source

Oh.. I thought Jesus said the tares would be gathered and burned?

so along that same line of thinking, the afterlife is a barn?

Its just a parable...

Even those that commit the worst of sin will gain access to the afterlife...

31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

edit on 12-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Maybe "the world to come" refers to one's "next life", one of many, not necessarily a "final destination"

I know most "Christians" reject the concept of reincarnation, but the authoritative texts from which the bible was derived do not

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey, Akragon...
I didn't see this thread before today!
You said it beautifully in the OP.
Those of you on here who agree...we could use your help in the Understanding Gnosticism thread...especially those who are aware of the discrepancies between the original texts and the "Bible".

Just a bump, flag and star here....
well-deserved for the content and the effort. Surprised it didn't get much traffic!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Revelations is the account of an internal, spiritual experience. Without having had the experience, the meaning will remain elusive. Even if its explained it will do no good since you will be no closer to real understanding.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Returner

Revelation offers no understanding... No real lessons...

I believe it was mearly a final attempt at litterary immortality on the part of John...

And does nothing but inspire fear in the reader....

Its a useless book in my humble opinion

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Inspire fear? The only people that the book inspires fear upon are those who plan on taking the mark of the beast.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Considering how many religions base their beliefs on Revelation and "end times"...

I believe you're wrong...

But what do i know...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Considering how many religions base their beliefs on Revelation and "end times"...

But what do i know...

I have no idea why other people need to fear. The ending is always already known. It's like playing Powerball and knowing the winning draw ahead of time. The only people who need to shudder in fear is the folks who are going to take the chip.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

But what do i know...

I have no idea why other people need to fear. The ending is always already known. It's like playing Powerball and knowing the winning draw ahead of time. The only people who need to shudder in fear is the folks who are going to take the chip.

And you believe this "chip" will alter the way people think?

Accompanying the installation of said "chip" will be an altered perception of reality, which will cause the recipiant to ignore the feelings within themselves and turn to greed, and selfishness?

Its said that no one will not be able to buy or sell without this chip, so what if some people have no other choice but to starve without the use of this chip. People in large cities that have no means of growing their own food, or getting clean water?

Do you believe the use of this chip will change a person?

How do you figure using this chip will "condem" people? Aside from what is said in revelations...

What if Good people have no choice but to use or accept said chip to survive?

Should they just starve to death instead because of what is said in a book?

edit on 3-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You're asking the wrong person, I've just finished two rather LARGE books on martyrs and it's astonishing the things these people endured for Christ. Look, if you want to have fear when reading that book be my guest. I pray all the time that I could someday be given the awesome honor of dying for my Lord and Savior.

The only people who need to fear are the people who accept the mark. Its really accepting the antichrist and his system. Those folks will immediatly be thrown in Hell at the return of the Lord, no ifs ands or buts. And those who take the mark a strong delusion will fall upon them.

If you must starve, or lose your head for refusing I strongly suggest not taking that chip.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Thanks for proving my point...

I've already given my opinion of revelation, here and in a few other threads as well... Its a useless, pointless book that does nothing but induce fear.

Fear of the "chip"

Fear of the Anti-christ comming

And the ridiculous belief that the world is comming to an end in the near future... not to mention a plethora of other things as well

IF you'd like to die for Christ... perhaps that will be your fate. On the other hand i believe i have a greater purpose then to die for a person in a book.

I know i change the world every single day of my life... IF you don't realize that fact about yourself as well, perhaps you might want to look around a bit.

the christian obsession with death baffles me sometimes

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Star and flag.

Akragon, I'm curious why you say you aren't a Christian? Your posts seem very in-sync with my understanding of Christianity - more than most of the folks that are Christians.

Of course I have been thinking lately that the very word "Christian" is sinful. It is judging some people in and some people out.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No, I proved MY point. There is nothing to fear unless one plans to take the chip. Dont take the chip. Simple as that. It would be like if there was a sign on top of the Empite State building that said "Do not jump off you will fall to your death" and you complained about the sign and told folks not to read it because it only instilled fear.

Then I come along and say. "Just don't jump read the sign." And Relevation says the world will never end. You misread something.

edit on 3-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
Star and flag.

Akragon, I'm curious why you say you aren't a Christian? Your posts seem very in-sync with my understanding of Christianity - more than most of the folks that are Christians.

Of course I have been thinking lately that the very word "Christian" is sinful. It is judging some people in and some people out.

Call it the people of the Way then. People accepted the term "Christian" bclecause it was meant as a derogatory attack and the Christians used it as a badge of honor instead.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
Star and flag.

I don't have a need to label my beliefs, and they do not all come from Christian theology...

Most christians don't believe in Karma, i know it exists and how to work with it...

Most christians stick to the one book... i do not, though i compare everything i read (scripturally) to the words of Jesus... because as he said, he is the truth, the life, and the way...

Most christians don't believe in the energies within the body (chakras) and again, i know they exist... and have also worked with said energies which improved my understanding of everything because of said work

Christians believe Jesus was God... i know he was not, though he was a part of God... as we all are.

I could spend pages explaining why i don't consider myself Christian... but to sum it up...

"Christian" is nothing but a label that seperates us as a species... as does all religion.

We need unity, not more seperation

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

No, I proved MY point. There is nothing to fear unless one plans to take the chip. Dont take the chip. Simple as that. It would be like if there was a sign on top of the Empite State building that said "Do not jump off you will fall to your death" and you complained about the sign and told folks not to read it because it only instilled fear.

Then I come along and say. "Just don't jump read the sign." And Relevation says the world will never end. You misread something.

edit on 3-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Well you explain that to those that are a part of these "fear based" religions... I don't fear that book... or anything within the bible for that matter...

As for the end of the world... Perhaps Jesus was kidding when he explained what will happen at "the end" of the world in Matthew 24?

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

He said whatever you ask of me, i will do... they asked him about the end of the world... and he explained in detail what will happen at that time... Perhaps he was lying?

Or did he tell them what you just said? The world will never end...

All things come to an end my friend... The sun will eventually die just like everything else in the physical world.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have something on my bedroom wall. Please tell me what it is, what it symbolizes, how it has affected me in the past and how it will affect me in the future. Now, don't tell me you can't do this because this something is RIGHT THERE! It's right on this planet.

If you can't do this, then how in thee hell can you possibly believe that you know ANYTHING about spirits and the afterlife in another dimension??????

I have nothing else to say except, G'nite. Nothin' but love.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

So because im not psychic, i also can't know anything about the spirit that is within all life?

Thats logic for ya... i guess

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What fear based religions?? I just said there is nothing in that book for a believer to fear, youre the one who said it was a book that was terrifying. Im trying to explain that it isnt. In Christianity the only people who fear Hell are those who are on their way there. Saved people dont worry about it and unbelievers dont think it exists.

So what fear-based religion is there? Islam, which people never know if they are saved until they die perhaps?

And dont form theology off of bad translations for one thing.. the Greek word there is "aeon" which actually means "AGE". The disciples ased Him about the end of the "Age", or the end of the rule of men and the beginning of the rule of the Messiah. (On Earth btw..) And secondly, Matthew isnt Revelation. You juat said Revelation spoke of the end of the world as one of your reasons why it was a fear-inciting book.

edit on 4-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join