It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bomb of Fear: If It Doesn't Kill the Enemy, it Makes the Enemy Surrender.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tonycliffs

I'm French, I'm European, I'm very much a liberal.

My nation has 300 home grown nuclear weapons, each one capable of leaving a city in ruins.

Do we boast about them ? About the Force de Frappe ? No. I bet you've never once even heard the term used before.

So. What does our bomb of fear prove ? Are you "whimpering like a baby" as I mention it ? Thought not.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity

My nation has 300 home grown nuclear weapons, each one capable of leaving a city in ruins.

Do we boast about them ? About the Force de Frappe ? No. I bet you've never once even heard the term used before.

So. What does our bomb of fear prove ? Are you "whimpering like a baby" as I mention it ? Thought not.

French army rifles for sal. Cheap. Only dropped once while surrendering.

Go Vichy France!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Vichy France is one of the reasons France has nuclear deterrent, to ensure the humiliation you quote here never happens again.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I do not want my tax dollars funding this crap!! Once somebody makes it, the power mad military and money crazed defense industry and their congressional puppets will be foaming at the mouth for another war to use it in.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonycliffs

Go Vichy France!

You really showed that French guy huh?
Nobody mentions the thousands of French resistance fighters who risked everything to help allied aircrew during WW2.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I do not want my tax dollars funding this crap!! Once somebody makes it, the power mad military and money crazed defense industry and their congressional puppets will be foaming at the mouth for another war to use it in.

I don't want my tax dollars funded drug addled welfare recpients.

Seems to be a problem everywhere with people not liking the way their tax dollars are being used.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Go Vichy France!

You really showed that French guy huh?
Nobody mentions the thousands of French resistance fighters who risked everything to help allied aircrew during WW2.

Did you see the movie Inglorious Basterds about the Americans working with the French Resistance Fighters while assassinating Nazis?

Brad Pitt carried around a Bowie Knife he used to carve a Swastika into Nazi soldier's foreheads.

Then they had this plot to assassinate Hitler and Himmler in a French movie theater.

If you haven't seen the movie, you should.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Vichy France is one of the reasons France has nuclear deterrent, to ensure the humiliation you quote here never happens again.

You can say that the European Union is now a Nuclear European Union.

Then people complain there are too many nukes in nthe world.

So, you offer a magnificently efficient cluster bomb so we don't have to use the nukes, and people still complain.

Some people will complain regardless of whatever.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It was Goebbels, not Himmler. But it was a great movie, although not really for this thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I saw that. Brad Pitts character is a bit of a comic book hero in that movie.

Back on topic. While watching the super cluster bomb movie, I notice quite a few explosions going on in the ground all around the vehicles. I thought these were smart bombs that zeroed in on their target. I could see lots and lots of civilian casualties and collateral damage if this is used.
edit on 2-11-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for speeling.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

But they don't have these weapons. We do.

The Chinese get a lot more for the money with such a cheap and large work force. There are other countries with such weaponry. Really war is not something that should be glorified.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I saw that. Brad Pitts character is a bit of a comic book hero in that movie.

Back on topic. While watching the super cluster bomb movie, I notice quite a few explosions going on in the ground all around the vehicles. I thought these were smart bombs that zeroed in on their target. I could see lots and lots of civilian casualties and collateral damage if this is used.
edit on 2-11-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for speeling.

When they say cluster, them ean cluster

This cluster bomb works on the same principle of smart cluster (land) mines that take out many tanks at one time. Rather than burying an individual land mine to wait for a tank to roll over it, the smart cluster mines separate from the mother lode land mine, fly through the air seeking out the tanks.

I'll have to look for the video.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

But they don't have these weapons. We do.

The Chinese get a lot more for the money with such a cheap and large work force. There are other countries with such weaponry. Really war is not something that should be glorified.

Wars are to be won. The glory eventually comes with the winner's trophy.

China is investing heavily into using their large work force for economic warfare and colonization, particularly the colonization of African nations.

Used to be they said that we could fire our machine guns until the batrels melted, and the Chinese soldiers would continue advancing. With weapons like we have, we don't fear a large foreign army without melting our machine gun barrels.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Some liberals cry and moan that we should have dropped a Fat Man or a Little Boy out in the ocean off the coast of Japan to give the Japanese a look at what an atomic bomb was, before dropping one on Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

Except we didn't have enough uranium or plutonium to make more Fat Mans or Little Boys so we could experiment and play games with the Japanese.

We didn't have any guarantees that the Hiroshima bomb would even work when dropped.

So, now we have plenty of extras to play with. We can show our enemies what can happen. We can email them neat little videos of what can happen. We give them the choice.

But, alas, there will always be a liberal who complains that videos are harmful to the eyes and the psyche of terrorists and other enemies.

You just have to ignore liberal plaints.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

reply to post by thruthseek3r

Sounds like this bomb not only scares the beegessus out of terrorists, it scares the beegessus out of liberals, too.

Far as I know, because you are a liberal doesn't mean you have to surrender. Unless you do something treasonous. Which I doubt you will do. You just don't like war, and you just don't like efficient weapon's systems.

This is really not a problem for you. We have an all volunteer military, and it's getting more difficult to be accepted into the military. They do the fighting. They take the risks.

Myself and a multitude of millions of others have had since 9-11 to reflect upon who is whom and what is what. That's almost a dozen years we've looked at ;the other side of the medal, as you put it.

And you got to admit, if you watched the video of the bomb in action, it is one helluva piece of technology that goes boom big time. I'm glad it's our technology and not theirs. I much rather see their side get shreded than our men and women in uniform.

I sleep good at night knowing what is right for America. But, thanks for asking.

The fact of being labeled as a liberal shows me that only one side of the medal have been looked on. I am no professional about wars, weapons, and this kind of stuff because I believe it is only one way to "solve" a problem, if it really can. Everything duplicates, so doing war brings fear and revenge, this is what is called human nature. Maybe not the best option in my honest opinion but still it is what is done by we, a young specie on evolution.

You just don't like war, and you just don't like efficient weapon's systems.

When I see how devastating it can be and the so little plus a nation can get (money is a small gain from my point of view), I see war as an ultimate childish act without trying any complex way of resolving a problem. One use power to obtain what he/she really wants, but is this will the best solution for all? This needs to be asked.

This is really not a problem for you. We have an all volunteer military, and it's getting more difficult to be accepted into the military. They do the fighting. They take the risks.

Yes they take the risks, true, but if they would really know the leaders dirty secrets, the real hidden motive behind a war, which is 95% of the time not said publicly, it is kept away from the masses, I highly doubt there would be so many militaries in the U.S.A.

Myself and a multitude of millions of others have had since 9-11 to reflect upon who is whom and what is what. That's almost a dozen years we've looked at ;the other side of the medal, as you put it.

You should elaborate more on it, it is not clear. Some people actually points out arabian people as guilty, while others points out the leaders of the U.S., saying it is them which orchestrated this event in the collaboration of the arab league. That is a whole another debate of course, but do not ever forget, Osama ben Laden had connection with the U.S. for many years. Before the unfamous 9/11 ever happened. This is the other side of the medal.

I'm confident by this time we've all put aside our doubts as to what our military is doing for us and our country.

Well, ... the militaries do not actually do something in the way that they simply follow orders. If you follow where the orders come from, the most highly ranked officers are in link with the government, and it is where the motives behind the decison taken start to become nebulous. The higher you go, the more hidden it becomes.

This post contain the two sides of the medal, keep an open mind, and you will find the truth. Do not take for absolute thruth what I do say, but simply consider alternatives from your thinking as possibilites, do your own research, look at the whole portrait. What I just depicted here is a good example of a wider pespective. Your opinion, and mine. Two sides, a bigger whole to look on.

This is what the two sides are all about.

With that being said, good luck finding the truth, you will for sure,

Sincerely yours,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I'll say it again so there is no mistking what is said: It has been stated that this weapon is so effective that it makes the enemy lay down their arms to surrender.

The lives of these enemies have been spared. They don't want to fight us anymore.

Nobody took the surrendered to a firing squad wall. They've been educated. They've made choices for change in their lives. Nobody tortured them in a Soviet style gulag. They were shown what can happen. They did some soul searching.

In short: They were made an offer they couldn't refuse unless they are really stupid, suicidal and sociopathic.

As Ronald Reagan said: Peace through strength.

USS Ronald Reagan
www.navsource.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'll say it again so there is no mistking what is said: It has been stated that this weapon is so effective that it makes the enemy lay down their arms to surrender.

The lives of these enemies have been spared. They don't want to fight us anymore.

Nobody took the surrendered to a firing squad wall. They've been educated. They've made choices for change in their lives. Nobody tortured them in a Soviet style gulag. They were shown what can happen. They did some soul searching.

In short: They were made an offer they couldn't refuse unless they are really stupid, suicidal and sociopathic.

USS Ronald Reagan
www.navsource.org...

This is where I am not according with what you say. Although it does not matter honestly, because one day or another you will understand the reason/meaning of the complete opposite to your thinking. Believe it or not, it will happen just for the fact of you being able to have a larger perspective.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The technology is impressive.

However its just one of many non nuclear weapons that are devastating to the people underneath.

Being underneath a sustained 155mm artillery or MRLS bombardment wouldn't be fun either, not to mention themobaric weapons.

When your on the battlefield with these being deployed you are disposable meat in a grinder. Your survival is a matter of random chance.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I don't think that you should bet the farm that we have the biggest and best toys on the shelf.

War is more about greed and control than anything else. Everybody and everything has a price.

You are betting that the ones with the most, consider you as one of their equals or that you have value to them. I hope you are right, otherwise you may be whimpering and groveling right along with the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join