It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi's just need to get with the program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Imgnyc, please don't misunderstand me. What I meant, was at the time 9/11 happened, I didn't feel we had done anything to provoke them. Obviously, since then, I have educated myself on the situation, and realize what actually happened.

Thank you very much for your contribution, though. I just wanted to clear up what I didn't explain clearly.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So some people actually agree that with US ivation of Iraq terrorism was brough to that country, before US the only problem was Sadam.

Whoa!!!!!!!!! US is realy good at creating terrorism around the middle east.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Its really all a matter of due process. If these militants went through the right steps, they would have more control than they will ever get from bombing American troops and their own people. No one can dispute that fact.

If you look at Iraqs history they have been through this before and it ended up giving them Saddam. No one in this country has ever seen peace. You'd think that they would learn from there mistakes wouldnt you?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by build319
If you look at Iraqs history they have been through this before and it ended up giving them Saddam. No one in this country has ever seen peace. You'd think that they would learn from there mistakes wouldnt you?

build, my friend, you've just answered your own question. They have never seen peace. This is how they know to fight. You are also missing the point. The fact is that they don't want us there. We have lost control of almost the entire northern part of Iraq. Of course, Condi said either yesterday or today that we haven't conceeded any part of the country, we have simply handed over control to local Iraqis and moved our troops back after suffering big losses. Traditionally, this is known as retreating. It has not been referred to as such so far in this conflict.

build, all I am asking people to do is to not simply say anything they hear on talk radio, or on the news, whether they are listening to Sean Hannity and Limbaugh, or Al Franken and Randi Rhodes. Do your own research, and come to your own conclusions by reviewing the facts as reported by several different sources. Look at my post, and see how many different news services I sourced. If you are not willing to do that much research and get that many sides to the same story, then you are definitely not denying ignorance.

- Dom

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Dom,

I try to deny ignorance on all fronts. I want to feel spectrum of opinions even if I don't agree with them. Look at this place for instance! This is a great place for very diverse opinions.

Anyway, these Iraqi militants defintely don't know any other way to fight for their cause, other than fighting. I'm just saying you think someone would realize on how to use the system to their advantage.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by American Mad Man
All of those places WANT us to be there - it is a HUGE boost to their economy plus in the case of SK and to a lesser extent Japan, it provides security from a guy who goes by the name Kim.

Read my thread on Okinawa, it shows that the government of Japan pays almost all of the expenses to support the US troops, leaving them out of pocket by more than $4 billion per year.

The only thing the US pays for are the salaries.

I'm not sure what the situations are like in Germany and South Korea as far as who pays for housing and other expenses.

As far as who wants you there and who doesn't, the South Koreans may inded want you there (although there are some there who don't) but I wouldn't say for sure that all of the other countries do.

As I said earlier, there have been numerous protests from the people of Okinawa.
There were also protests in Germany calling for the bases there to be closed, especially after the Iraq war.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

Yes I have seen the thread, and yes there are some people who protest these bases. But then again there are always going to be people protesting things in a free society aren't there?

The fact of the matter is that all of these countries WANT our troops there or they wouldn't be there.

As for Okinawa paying the bill - that may be true. But since all of those US soldiers are there, and not home, where exactly do you think they spend there money?

Thus, their pay (and hence US tax dollars) goes into Japans economy. On top of that we provide protection from N. Korea.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

All of those places WANT us to be there - it is a HUGE boost to their economy plus in the case of SK and to a lesser extent Japan, it provides security from a guy who goes by the name Kim.

Why US still station so many troops in Germany?

Actually they are being transfered back to the US and to other allies soil as we speak - TO THE DISMAY OF THE GERMAN GOVERNMENT.

For all of the German bitching (and exactly who are they to bitch about exerting military force? They have proven throughout their existance to be among the most brutal and war loving people on this planet) they realise that BILLIONS of dollars will leave when are troops are moved out.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Actually they are being transfered back to the US and to other allies soil as we speak - TO THE DISMAY OF THE GERMAN GOVERNMENT.

Why not move all troops out of Germany to punish Germany opposition to Iraq war?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Why not move all troops out of Germany to punish Germany opposition to Iraq war?

Because we sort of still want them there, as a security measure in case something does happen. The Cold War may be over, but that doesn't mean something can't flare up in Europe. We had to help sort out two world wars (one alot more than the other, I know), and with China and North Korea putting themselves in positions that are a bit dangerous, we'd would be stupid not to have at least some presence around the world.

After all, if North Korea invades the South, who's gonna be the first nation the UN turns to...?

Most Americans today only know America as the nation that tries to clean up everyone else's mess. World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm- All wars fought halfway around the world to defend people who couldn't defend themselves. The US military hasn't truly defended America in a very long time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join