It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Says US Attack Would Be ‘Akin To Suicide’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that the U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.
edit on 10-2-2012 by targeting because: (no reason given)

the way I see it, they are just trying to call any bluffs on possible attacks. Ofc they would lose, even if the US budget was 10k, lots of countries would be willing to help US.

Don't think anything will happen soon, it's just a indirect argument between countries.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
You are the epitome of a troll.... This attempt to turn your own thread into a I HATE USA thread is pathetic....

No. You guys are pathetic. You financed IIWW, by granting massive loans to gerries, and backed them up with military technologies which was violation of post-WWI treaties. Well, one shouldnt be suprised if most of german military industrial complex was in american hands (i. g. Opel was a 100% property of GM). Money from concentration-labor camps were going straight to wall street. Then you joined in and fought for not even a year. You made yourself super power on smoking ruins of the world, placed hundreds of foreign bases all around globe, and started forcing your economical interests just like in South America before IIWW. You either brought nazis home, to work with you, or let them out of prisons, nullyfing Nurymberg Trials convictions. That alone makes me sick, because it was done FOR MONEY.
At the same time, you have this mask of peacekeeper of the world, moral and democratic enclave, best country of the world. Warmongers loving peace. You killed millions, literally, and it's O-K, because they were evil, we're gooood, USA! USA! USA!.
You are willingly under control of media, swallowing BS about whats going on in the world. Your educational system is a JOKE. Nearly half of the nation is SO FAT that they wouldnt be able to sprint 100 meters or get around without elevator. But they love fitness and healthy style of living
. But the urge to consume is bigger. Not just food, energy. Nation which is 2% of world's population uses well more than 70% world energy resources. And you dont even have serious industrial capabilities. Not anymore at least. A JOKE.
Time you close your borders, start tapping your own oil resources and leave the world be.
We had enough of you.
edit on 11-2-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
All of this talk about conventional weapons including nukes is silly. For a start we will not be allowed to use nuclear weapons that includes both sides the USA or Iran as it is a fairly well known that certain alien groups have prevented us from using them in the past. The USA has weapons both developed and in the development stage that are far advanced of the weapons that the average person talks or knows about. Russia and china also have or are developing such weapons. It is rumoured and would not surprise me if Iran also has some very advanced weapons such as pulse beam cannons or some sort of electron beam weapons. Once one country develops certain weapons other countries through the use of both conventional spying and remote viewing soon learn of these weapons. Superiority can not be guaranteed when technology is moving at such a rapid pace which is why the Us government spends so much money on technological development. I believe that many of these cronies now in government and high positions will soon be taken out of the equation resulting in a much more peaceful planet and much better directed resources.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
wow, what a completely successful troll.

funny how it's usually these "gold star credit rated countries" that like to sit in their comfortable home with their internet access and talk about how all of america are bullies and need to die because of all the suffering they've caused. saying all of america agrees and supports what their idiot leaders do is like saying everybody in afghanistan is a member of al-qaeda.

hate hate hate. that will definitely solve the problem

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
(...) talk about how all of america are bullies and need to die because of all the suffering they've caused. (...)

Plain BS.

Most of people pointing fingers at US are well aware that american society is pretty much dumbed down to the point that rest of the world appears to the them as fantasy lands. Nearly 70% americans don't own a passport. Knowing any foreign language among people born in US (beside spanish) is veeeery rare.

Admit your mistakes, find people responsible and stop being such a sheeple. Im aware it's not easy task, that propably it would lead to ostracism or even worse (domestic terrorists
).
But stop believing, just for a minute, that you're the "bestest"

Also I would like to point out something.
This is forum for people pursuing conspiracies of different kind. This is THE REASON why there are so many america-bashing threads around.
The moment you stop believing in mainstream media, and more you look at it, the more blatantly visible it becomes. America and Israel are the bullies of today's world. Big brave brother with his guns and resources, and small brother, financed and supported by the latter, sitting in the middle of volcano ready to erupt, stirring in it with a stick.

So.... at least don't be suprised or shocked that most of people here don't love your country as much as you do.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by air101

you ausies need to step your game up... all that typing and not much history, you punks would go down so easily. You need to snap out of that deep sleep your in, thinking china and Russia will win a ww3 against the united states. lol you guys at at the bottom globally, it's easy running your own little world when you do damn near nothing in a global scale of things.

earn your stripes before talking.. do something instead of rooting for the guys that can take you out with out much effort. don't forget you buy your military goods from us and are our allies. so quit acting so retarded and play your little role

maybe they are not the war mongering psychopaths that Americans have become,gloating about their military might while their own government don't to give two hoots about their out of shape uneducated population ..harsh words? Russia alone could send america back to the stone age...its people alone are battle hardened unlike fat america ..america is no different to Nazi Germany....well we know what happen to them ..proud to be British but not dumb enough to follow its causes ...peace...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

As a US citizen and a veteran, I agree with you.
This country has turned upside from what it once used to be.

We used to have morals that we followed, but not anymore.
Our vices have been turned into virtues, where Murder, Theft and Greed is A OK.

We even make laws that sanction murder, theft and greed and call it OK.

We say it is ok to murder children, when insert excuse.
We say it is ok to steal from other countries and plant bases on their lands for the MIC because - insert excuse
We say it is ok to steal from our own populace via taxes for these crimes, especially in the cause of mortgage fraud, where the ones that benefited were the criminal banksters and politicians because - insert excuse
We say it is ok to have the largest prison population in the world, something we lamblasted Communist China about years ago, but it is ok because - Insert Excuse
We have the Patriot Act, TSA, and other police state mechanisms implemented, and then claim how free a country we are, but it is ok because - insert excuse.

No matter, it will be over soon.
Hopefully Russia and China make it quick.

edit on 11-2-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm more afraid of my own government and their nukes than I am over Iran's Nukes.
Which is worse? Verbal threats or ships on your back door?

If Iran had ships parked in the Panama Canal and said we will attack if you keep it up, and we said back to them, we will attack you. Who is more threatening, the Iranian Ships in the Panama Canal, or the words of an American President?

We have ships on their backdoor threatening to attack, that is worse than a verbal threat.
For the past 30 years, we have been all over the world creating chaos and destruction, via open wars and deceitful overthrows of democratically elected officials and somehow, everyone else is the threat?

Originally posted by Grifter81
##SNIPPED##

I bet intelligence officers are on the ground in Iran now gathering information to cover any eventualities that might occur, and I'm sorry but Iran won't stand up to the United States war machine for long. It will be far from suicide for the USA to attack IMO.

OP you seem to be revelling in anti American sentiment? I wonder why you dislike America? You seem to forget in any war it's ordinary people who suffer. You will find the ordinary people of America and Iran have a lot in common, they just want to get on with life, work and feed their families. Preferably without war hanging over their heads.

As long as there are idiots with nukes the west will intervene, especially when the
leadership say they would gladly wipe countries such as Israel off the map.
edit on Fri Feb 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

I'm glad you keep going one about your very slightly higher credit rating otherwise you would have nothing to keep repeating like a broken record. Never mind your laughable GDP. The IMF places you just above Mexico. The World Bank places you UNDER Mexico.

We have a small population genius. We dont need a higher gdp. But compare our gdp to our national debt. Then do the same with yours. Scary isnt it.

And I have more reasons than that Australia is a stronger country. Look above. You want me to keep going? I could for days. I havent even gotten to education,health.......You want more? Your country sucks. Face it.
edit on 11-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

I see you like to paint Australia as this superior country without any problems, however even some of your own countrymen seem to disagree a bit.

The RBA’s decision not to reduce rates this month caught most pundits by surprise—including me. Given the international and local data, I thought they’d err on the side of caution and cut rates.....

The majority of economic pundits lined up with me for a change because there was a range of data that implied the economy was stalling. Firstly, unemployment has been trending up, and the “steady over recent months” phenomenon that the RBA referred to above was entirely due to a fall in the participation rate. Had this remained at the November level, the ABS unemployment rate would have jumped to 5.6% last month....

And that’s the good news: as was widely reported, employment fell by almost 30,000 last month, so that net job growth in 2011 was zero—the worst outcome in 20 years.
Secondly, a broader measure of unemployment maintained by Roy Morgan Research hit 10.3 percent—5 percent above the ABS figure. The ABS treats someone who has worked for one hour in the previous two weeks as employed, a definition that Roy Morgan rightly rejects:

So someone who works for 1 hour in two weeks is considered employed. If the USA used the same standards for unemployment that Australia uses, the unemployment rate would be about 2-3%.

Even your own economists think the way Australia measures unemployment is a joke.

The ludicrous official definition of unemployment is a classic case of bureaucracies (including the United Nations International Labor Organization in this case) eliminating a problem by redefining it rather than solving it. Many people have criticised this definition (including Peter Brain from the National Institute for Economic and Industry Research, who found that over a dozen official redefinitions of unemployment had all reduced the recorded level); since the late 1990s, Roy Morgan has gone one better and conducted a monthly survey using a definition of unemployment that actually makes sense:

Here are some more of you strict standards for measuring unemployment;

1. a person who has worked for one hour or more for payment or someone who has worked without pay in a family business, is considered employed regardless of whether they consider themselves employed or not.

2. a respondent is not actively looking for work (ie: applying for work, answering job advertisements, being registered with Centre-link or tendering for work), they are not considered to be unemployed.

Here are some more interesting facts about your superior country and its employment;

1. Just in the past week we have been told that Westpac has announced 550 jobs to go; ANZ is axing 130 jobs; Holden will cut 200 jobs at its Adelaide plant; Toyota will cut 350 jobs in Melbourne; Reckitt Benckiser (maker of Mortein & Dettol) is to retrench 200 jobs at its Sydney operations; defence firm Thales shedding 50 jobs in Bendigo — these are just the most prominent examples of job losses occurring in the Australian economy!

2. “Economists and politicians are wrong to talk about a ‘tight’ labour market in Australia driving wage pressures. Wage demands (inflation) at the moment are being driven by unions — a small minority of the Australian workforce — not by a tight labour market with workers changing jobs to secure better wages and conditions. Today’s Roy Morgan employment estimates show why inflation in Australia is contained, and will remain contained — at its meeting next Tuesday the RBA must drop interest rates by at least 0.5% and probably more.”

A few more points

With that artificial stimulus to credit growth over, credit growth is now decelerating in Australia, and causing unemployment to rise despite the offsetting impact of the resources boom.

Mortgage debt is now decelerating strongly, and taking house prices down with it

You can read more here

www.debtdeflation.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
this is my problem with america and it will stay this way till they assassinate me one day.
This american bullsht of being liberators and peach keepers make me sick.
ww2 - Hitler killed about 6 million jews. that make him the evil of the world. America killed more that 6 million innocent people Japanese woman, children indiscriminately. They are still killing and maiming Japanese as the result of the nuclear fall out. And for that they are hailed as heroes. this is a #ed up, crazy stupid western world .
May China, Iran, Russia and the rest live long and prosper.
Just remember history got a 100% track record of repeating itself. And history told me when a society thin it is invincible and superior to others, they are close to been taken off the face of the planet. Pharos, even before that romans, Inca Mayans name it they all dissipated faded back into obscurity.
america enjoy it it is almost at an end

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Our education system here is a joke??? Go look at the worlds top universities, the United States is dominating that list with schools like Harvard, MIT, Yale, University of Chicago, Northwestern, UPenn, Columbia, Stanford, etc.... But some how we're just a bunch of uneducated morons....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybejustmaybe
this is my problem with america and it will stay this way till they assassinate me one day.
This american bullsht of being liberators and peach keepers make me sick.
ww2 - Hitler killed about 6 million jews. that make him the evil of the world. America killed more that 6 million innocent people Japanese woman, children indiscriminately. They are still killing and maiming Japanese as the result of the nuclear fall out. And for that they are hailed as heroes. this is a #ed up, crazy stupid western world .
May China, Iran, Russia and the rest live long and prosper.
Just remember history got a 100% track record of repeating itself. And history told me when a society thin it is invincible and superior to others, they are close to been taken off the face of the planet. Pharos, even before that romans, Inca Mayans name it they all dissipated faded back into obscurity.
america enjoy it it is almost at an end

Hitler was trying to commit genocide, the United States was not...

Just curious, where do you live? I love hearing where the hate is coming from now in the world...
edit on 11-2-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

When pinting fingers, remember that three are pointing back at you.

Iran is quite the bully as well.

They have admitted to State sponsered terrorism. Even boasted about it.
edit on 9-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

State sponsored terrorism? That is laughable. Terrorism is a U.S./Israeli Government created bogeyman (false flag) to keep the sheep masses frightened into supporting police state laws, and funding invasions and occupations of sovereign nations who are not on board with the New World order.. The US has been involved in numerous "wars"..All undeclared since WW2. How many wars has Iran started? How many countries have they invaded and set up military bases, while installing puppet regimes? You, sir, are an indoctrinated product of New World Order propaganda.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
thank God, I do not live in america. Andwhat i feel is way way past hate

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybejustmaybe
thank God, I do not live in america. Andwhat i feel is way way past hate

Where do you live? People love to hate on the United States, but strangley they never like to admit where they're from....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat

Plain BS.

Most of people pointing fingers at US are well aware that american society is pretty much dumbed down to the point that rest of the world appears to the them as fantasy lands. Nearly 70% americans don't own a passport. Knowing any foreign language among people born in US (beside spanish) is veeeery rare.

So because Americans don't speak foreign languages,or own passports,we are "dumb" ?

Talk about cookie cutter Anti-American BS response. Europe has the same problems that the US does.......

Admit your mistakes, find people responsible and stop being such a sheeple. Im aware it's not easy task, that propably it would lead to ostracism or even worse (domestic terrorists
).
But stop believing, just for a minute, that you're the "bestest"

Again OTHER country's have way worse problems then America.

Heres some examples.....

Haitians bypass Cuba on their way to the USA. Haiti is 92 miles from Cuba. Haiti is 700 plus miles away from America. Why are they bypassing and risking their lives to GET to America ?

Why are South Americans NOT staying in their own countries,bypassing Mexico,on their way to the United States?

Why are so many leaving their OWN native countries to come here?

Your response has HOLES.......and no meat to it,just Anti American OPINION.

Also I would like to point out something.
This is forum for people pursuing conspiracies of different kind. This is THE REASON why there are so many america-bashing threads around.

No this site is designed to DENY IGNORANCE. Not bash America.

America bashing isn't a CONSPIRACY.

The moment you stop believing in mainstream media, and more you look at it, the more blatantly visible it becomes. America and Israel are the bullies of today's world.

Mainstream media......Thats what MANY Ops use as their source,for talking about certain subjects......
Lets get that out first....
Now believing in what they say,thats why we have discussions about current events.....

Your OPINION is already slanted Against America...........Dont pass it off as FACT.

So.... at least don't be suprised or shocked that most of people here don't love your country as much as you do.

Not surprised by the Hatred........

Laughable.....really.
edit on 11-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The other debt is owned internally through the FED. And lent out through bonds to other countries. The bonds are not a burden on other countries but a blessing. Its a loop hole you see. "Let me say you will pay this debt, its not your debt so you dont really have too. In return we will pay you interest on it." That's how the federal reserve actually works. They have someone else sign off on it, they use our money for the loan and pay the signed person a "tribute" if you will for letting the cycle of robing our citizens continue.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Our education system here is a joke??? Go look at the worlds top universities, the United States is dominating that list with schools like Harvard, MIT, Yale, University of Chicago, Northwestern, UPenn, Columbia, Stanford, etc.... But some how we're just a bunch of uneducated morons....

Oh, Im sorry, I forgot to add "besides higher education" even it was on my mind when I wrote it. So.... what are the fees for Harvard my friend for example

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
So because Americans don't speak foreign languages,or own passports,we are "dumb" ?

No, just ignorant.
You really wanna argue whether dumbing down the society is whats going on for last 40 years?

Again OTHER country's have way worse problems then America.

Your response has HOLES.......and no meat to it,just Anti American OPINION.

Ah yea, always golden argument: We have a lot of immigrants, we hate them, but they come here anyway, means we're the best. Way to go

No this site is designed to DENY IGNORANCE. Not bash America.
America bashing isn't a CONSPIRACY.

Yadda yadda, dont act like you dont know what I mean. Oh... wait, maybe you really dont. Point was.... the more someone look into 20th century history, the more dislike you got for america and it ever growing greed.

Your OPINION is already slanted Against America...........Dont pass it off as FACT.

Guilty as charged. I think your politicians and big-business people are seed of antichrist, should be incarcerated and trialed for crimes against humanity. So yes, my opinion might be bit slanted.... sorry...

Not surprised by the Hatred........

Ah yea, another evergreen straight off your tv. Oouu we're americans, they don't like us, coz we're soo cool and because of our lifestyle
. Thats why so many people would happily blow up themselves just to hit us. Coz we're cool

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Oh, Im sorry, I forgot to add "besides higher education" even it was on my mind when I wrote it. So.... what are the fees for Harvard my friend for example

It costs around $50k per year to attend Harvard, but with that degree you are pretty much setting yourself up for life.....

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join