It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Says US Attack Would Be ‘Akin To Suicide’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that the U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.
edit on 10-2-2012 by targeting because: (no reason given)

Agreed, people are being ridiculous we have a 200 Billion a year Black Budget, our Secret Budget is more than any nations military budget in the world, God only knows what we may be able to deploy in an emergency, we have been in development of post nuclear super weapon projects since we dropped the first A-bomb on Japan nearly 70 years ago Iran might be close to getting that bomb... soon. Even having a conversation about this is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

To be honest we shouldn't have even been in WWII. Any European will tell you they didn't need us there.

If America had not joined the war the Germans would have won. What history books have you been reading? I'm not sure what Europeans you know, but all the ones I have met while I was in the Navy over there really appreciated the fact we were there. And frankly, your comment offends me and all the Americans who lost their lives fighting for your freedom.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by slanteye
reply to post by theubermensch

I think the Iranians should just shut up and not engage in "big talk" with regards to the US. Play the part of the underdog and get more sympathy is the way to go. The US could easily ERASE Iran from the world map without the need of setting foot on its soil. The US is not facing economic crisis. A country facing economical problem does not engage in fighting other countries' wars. War is never cheap. US is just bluffing that it faces economical crisis. One example is it builds two HTV hypersonic crafts worth billions and literally throws it into the Pacific Ocean for what?..so I can safely say the US is very rich and powerful. Don't be FOOLED

The problem with your thinking imo, although I understand it, is that Iran wants us to attack. They can't welcome back their Iman from the well who is going to take over the world and kill all the infidels unless the world is pretty much destroyed. This is the same reason the Japanese screwed up in attacking us in WWII. They didn't understand how we thought. The Japanese thought if they destoryed Pearl that we would be humiliated and so hurt emotionally that we would back out of the war. We did the exact opposite. Same thing with Iran. Be very careful in judging what they say and do without understanding the context behind their actions.

They want a war. Because in their mind they know they will win because just as the world is burning the Iman will come and save them. Frankly, their mentality scares the hell out of me. It is what is so scary about living in a nuclear world where fundamentalists can have weapons of mass destruction or suicidal tendacies.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

Originally posted by targeting
What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that the U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.
edit on 10-2-2012 by targeting because: (no reason given)

Not suicide as in we'd lose the face to face fight, of course our military is better... suicide as in heading into ANOTHER war while we're financially hobbled and already involved in afghanistan as well as random actions in other ME countries would be our demise. It be the slow bleed out the extremists spoke of from the beginning (9/11).... they're keeping us fighting fighting fighting... all the while we're paying THEM for the oil we need in order to facilitate our fighting against them...at some point we're not gonna be able to afford to fight anymore and if we hop into a war with Iran I know for a fact that we're gonna reach that point. Look at what Iraq and Afghan have done to us (among other things) already.

Suicide? As I said above 70 years development of post Nuclear super weapons since WW2, in the event of a full scale war, what is an economy, we print money, does money exist? or does the Pentagon simply get to build as much of whatever it wants as it likes? How many jobs come back if this becomes WW3?

I hate to say this, but none of these realities exist if WW3 starts all these problems vanish and don't be so surprised if MAD no longer actually exists, I'm not saying that IS the case, just that it is a lot more likely than people would want to believe, nobody has any idea what we may posses at this point or what could be done in an Emergency

Just take this for what it is worth, at the start of WW2 America wasn't "all that" we had nothing over seas, the Military Industrial complex as we know it didn't even exist yet, we were in development of nothing.

Leading up to this, again 200 Billion a year on our secret Budget alone and a Military occupying many nations.

For all anyone knows while they are worried about "Iranian Speed Boats" LULZ The Iranians might just all wake up with hemorrhagic airborne rabies aids and all go running into Pakistan and Eat every one that lives there alive under satellite control

Kidding

But come on VX? Anthrax, Small Pox, Atomic bombs

America circa 1945

What's under area 51? For Real? and 100 other underground locations, what have we been building? What are we building why no inspectors lol? Anti matter bombs, Rods from God, Flying Air Carriers, Rail Cannons

That's the stuff they hint at in popular science 20 years before we admit it and put it up for sale What else do we have to start deploying once they suspend the economy in war time? If the Iranians start WW3 they might want to pray to Allah that us or the Israelis don't just open up the Earth and swallow them because only God knows what 70 years of post Atomic super weapon development might have yielded

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Glad to be an American, but lol, who's inspecting our underground facilities? NO ONE, they "don't even exist"

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by air101
Capital Canberra
Largest city Sydney
Official language(s) None[N 2]
National language English (de facto)[N 2]
Demonym Australian, Aussie[3][4]
Government Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy
 -  Monarch Elizabeth II
 -  Governor-General Quentin Bryce
 -  Prime Minister Julia Gillard
Legislature Parliament
 -  Upper House Senate
 -  Lower House House of Representatives
Independence from the United Kingdom 
 -  Constitution 1 January 1901 
 -  Statute of Westminster 11 December 1931 
 -  Statute of Westminster Adoption Act 9 October 1942 (with effect from 3 September 1939) 
 -  Australia Act 3 March 1986 
Area
 -  Total 7,617,930 km2 (6th)
2,941,299 sq mi 
Population
 -  2012 estimate 22,824,480[5] (52nd)
 -  2006 census 19,855,288[6] 
 -  Density 2.8/km2 (233rd)
7.3/sq mi
GDP (PPP) 2011 estimate
 -  Total $918.978 billion[7] (18th)
 -  Per capita $40,836[7] (12th)
GDP (nominal) 2011 estimate
 -  Total $1.507 trillion[7] (13th)
 -  Per capita $66,984[7] (5th)
Gini (2006) 30.5[8] (medium) 
HDI (2011) 0.929[9] (very high) (2nd)
Currency Australian dollar (AUD)
Time zone various[N 3](UTC+8 to +10.5)
 -  Summer (DST) various[N 3] (UTC+8 to +11.5)
Drives on the left
ISO 3166 code AU
Internet TLD .au
Calling code +61

you ausies need to step your game up... all that typing and not much history, you punks would go down so easily. You need to snap out of that deep sleep your in, thinking china and Russia will win a ww3 against the united states. lol you guys at at the bottom globally, it's easy running your own little world when you do damn near nothing in a global scale of things.

earn your stripes before talking.. do something instead of rooting for the guys that can take you out with out much effort. don't forget you buy your military goods from us and are our allies. so quit acting so retarded and play your little role.
edit on 10-2-2012 by air101 because: (no reason given)

Gold star credit rating in Australia. What have you got?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

You are the epitome of a troll.... This attempt to turn your own thread into a I HATE USA thread is pathetic.... After page 1 you just started to go off on a ridiculous rant on how China is 'softening' the United States for the kill.... I honestly believe now that you're a sad pathetic little man and because of that I'm pulling Billy Madison quotes on your ass....

Mr. theubermensch, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

How have I attempted to turn it into a I hate America thread?
My hate for America is evident in the OP. That was thr point all along. And that isnt trolling. I am sure America will be defeated. Look at your economy. Do you think China is helping you or pulling against you in every possible way. You are already weak and ready for the kill. I know it blows your mind to hear that your country sucks but look around genius. Why did you get the credit downgrade? You are screwed is why. No solution. Do you think your Super Commitee will save you
Its scary isnt it?

America cannot pay its debt. You are a failure of a country. If you cant see that it is you who is truly pathetic. Your blind cheerleading for your corrupt and incompetent government is pathetic. America is pathetic.

You think China is your friend?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa

You are not a very bright bulb.......I am very much against my Country's foreign policies...but to be factual....Russia and China are not going to commit suicide over Iran. We, the U.S. of A could, if we so inclined, wipe Iran off the planet without any boots on the ground. Nobody with an ounce of intelligence would doubt that....Hate us if you want but don't make ignorant statements that we are either weak or cowards. We may be bullies...but you can't have it both ways.

You arent a bright spark yourself are you?

A bully always picks on easy targets. America is weak and a coward. They cant deal with China and Russia. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see that.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by theubermensch

Originally posted by kimish
I think the U.S. military is much more powerful than people realize. Think of the lack of soldiers and so forth and everything that makes our military look week but, all of that man power has to be compensated for some how. And it is done with technology. The U.S. has the most technologically advanced military on the face of the Earth right now.

But if you look at America's record all they have under their belt since WW2 is Iraq really.

They have been humiliated many times.

And I read how China hacked into the drone to land it in Iran the other day. I think all the tech is a bit over rated.

The way I see it is...

There is no profit in victory. Where you go to war and demand a unconditional surrender. The US has not done that since WW2. That used to be how wars were fought.

No more.

Now it seems to be a business enterprise.

Remember? Eisenhower even warned us.

Then again ,the U.S did the least of all in WWII.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

Oh you fought in WW2? Didn't thinks so. Fighting Nazi's wasn't for MY freedom so that makes zero sense as well. Jus wondering, how is it possible to offend a dead person?

edit on 11-2-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I'm glad you keep going on about your very slightly higher credit rating otherwise you would have nothing to keep repeating like a broken record. Never mind your laughable GDP. The IMF places you just above Mexico. The World Bank places you UNDER Mexico.
It took us 10 years of non stop war for our dollar to drop 7 cents below yours. Thats really nothing to brag about.....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveo007

I think you're more upset because you live in some #-hole, third world country. America=Coward?!! Hardly. Read your history books and look up Pearl Harbor, Beirut etc. Whose the first country other nations look to when # goes down hill or they need our aid (money) or get rid of their opressive dictator. America. Name one country that comes to the aid of America when we have traumatic events that cause significant human loss or materials to rebuild. Noone. America is strong for a reason and you assholes that think you know, don't know. Crawl back to your mother's basement and do some research instead of speculating.

I liked your reply the most steveo007.
You might like to do some research yourself.

Australia has a better credit rating than the US

Australia's dollar is worth more than the US dollar.

Our unemployment is lower.

Our housing market is strong.

We have a resources boom taking place so basically anyone can earn huge money in mining right now.

We dont have mexicans for labour so as a result I know guys that earn over $1000 a week picking fruit.

Australia is viewed as a rare 'safe haven' in a shaky global economy.

But you wouldnt know any of that because you are a deluded egocentric loud mouth American.

America is a third world country compared to Australia.

We dont have people living in tent cities and massive numbers of homeless.

We dont have a huge percentage of our population living on 'food stamps'

We dont have our postal service on the verge of being bankrupt

We dont have Standard and Poors telling us they are downgrading our credit rating.

We dont have a trillion dollar debt that we have no hope of paying back

There is a reason our money is worth more than yours stevo007.

I think its obvious who lives in the sh#thole stevo007. And its not me.

And as far as 'aid' goes America only gives 'aid' for political reasons. They are happy to sit back and watch people starve if the starving people live in a country that has nothing to offer. I am sick of people pointing to aid as if that makes America less demonic. It is the opposite. What do you think the IMF is for genius? Aid?

Maybe all you morons should wake up to yourselves. Its about time. Are you all so stupid? Really? Stop supporting a corrupt duopoly. You have an obligation to pay attention. Seriously. Aid? Aid?? Its ludicrous. You are all too eager to comfort yourselves so you can ignore your government. Its sickening. Wake up. Wake up.

Aid
Where was the aisd when kids were starving in massive numbers in Somalia last year? You dont gain much by helping Somalia do you?

America is the problem. If the American people cant keep your leaders in check then I have no sympathy for you when you are destroyed. If you cant keep your leaders in check you will be destroyed. You are half way there already.

The clock is ticking.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I'm glad you keep going one about your very slightly higher credit rating otherwise you would have nothing to keep repeating like a broken record. Never mind your laughable GDP. The IMF places you just above Mexico. The World Bank places you UNDER Mexico.

We have a small population genius. We dont need a higher gdp. But compare our gdp to our national debt. Then do the same with yours. Scary isnt it.

And I have more reasons than that Australia is a stronger country. Look above. You want me to keep going? I could for days. I havent even gotten to education,health.......You want more? Your country sucks. Face it.
edit on 11-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

It took us 10 years of non stop war for our dollar to drop 7 cents below yours. Thats really nothing to brag about.....

And what about the rest of the stuff? You see a solution?

Like China told you after the Credit Rating downgrade. "the good old days of borrowing your way out of trouble are over"

China is your master. You work for them now. You cant even pay the interest on yur debt really. You are a mess. Who is going to save you? The super commitee? Obama? Romney?

Like you said,the war has cost you.What are you doing now? Looking for more wars. You have to fight wars not for money but to pick off the allies of China and Russia. That is why you must face Syria and Iran. There is a long list of countries that are against you. You are weak. Your friends in Europe are bankrupt and weak also. Plus do you really think it will take long for the world to turn its back on a country that has acted like a bully. Do you really have friends or do you just think you do. We will see soon.
edit on 11-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The Russian news agency Ria Novosti reported on Wednesday that Mahmoudreza Sajjadi said: “In a situation where the United States is caught up in the Afghanistan quagmire, its hands are stained with the blood of Libyan people and in dealing with a national economic crisis, an attack on Iran is akin to suicide.”

www.eurasiareview.com...

It seems as though America is between a rock and a hard place. The national economic crisis has no end in sight. I agree that attacking Iran or Syria would be a suicide. But being a bully is America's way. Bullying smaller countries is how America maintains its Imperial Empire. Seems like countries are less scared of America by day. Most of the time a bully is a coward. The world can now see America for the coward its always been.

Since America is no longer feared I cant see any way forward for America. America is a coward but it is also deluded. I think they will continue to push Iran,Syria,Russia and China. I think the bully will be humiliated for all to see very soon.

Um no. America would just have to alter it's bombing strategy, aka saturate bomb Iran into oblivion. Then carve the nation up and give it to it's neighbors. Thus no need for a lengthy occupation.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I dont know it posted twice?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I'm sure we'll even be bombing your country some time in the future. Oh you might not realize the debt to China is 1 trillion, 1/15th of the GDP.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

The Russian news agency Ria Novosti reported on Wednesday that Mahmoudreza Sajjadi said: “In a situation where the United States is caught up in the Afghanistan quagmire, its hands are stained with the blood of Libyan people and in dealing with a national economic crisis, an attack on Iran is akin to suicide.”

www.eurasiareview.com...

It seems as though America is between a rock and a hard place. The national economic crisis has no end in sight. I agree that attacking Iran or Syria would be a suicide. But being a bully is America's way. Bullying smaller countries is how America maintains its Imperial Empire. Seems like countries are less scared of America by day. Most of the time a bully is a coward. The world can now see America for the coward its always been.

Since America is no longer feared I cant see any way forward for America. America is a coward but it is also deluded. I think they will continue to push Iran,Syria,Russia and China. I think the bully will be humiliated for all to see very soon.

Um no. America would just have to alter it's bombing strategy, aka saturate bomb Iran into oblivion. Then carve the nation up and give it to it's neighbors. Thus no need for a lengthy occupation.

You cant do it. The world would be outraged. Have you seen the new bunker buster? Could the world igmore you dropping that? You think dropping bombs is strong? Its what a coward would do. You cant flatten the place. Maybe they will but it will just make it easier for the rest of us to support Russia and China.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I'm sure we'll even be bombing your country some time in the future. Oh you might not realize the debt to China is 1 trillion, 1/15th of the GDP.

Nothing would surprise me. Im sure you will bomb every country before too long if someone doesnt put a stop to your psychopathic imperialism.

It needs to end. I mean look at the kinds of people America is producing. Your first defence when challenged is to threaten dropping a bomb.

What is your total debt?
Compare to gdp.
A 15th is a significant chunk. You work for China. They are your masters.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join