It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Says US Attack Would Be ‘Akin To Suicide’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The Russian news agency Ria Novosti reported on Wednesday that Mahmoudreza Sajjadi said: “In a situation where the United States is caught up in the Afghanistan quagmire, its hands are stained with the blood of Libyan people and in dealing with a national economic crisis, an attack on Iran is akin to suicide.”

www.eurasiareview.com...

It seems as though America is between a rock and a hard place. The national economic crisis has no end in sight. I agree that attacking Iran or Syria would be a suicide. But being a bully is America's way. Bullying smaller countries is how America maintains its Imperial Empire. Seems like countries are less scared of America by day. Most of the time a bully is a coward. The world can now see America for the coward its always been.

Since America is no longer feared I cant see any way forward for America. America is a coward but it is also deluded. I think they will continue to push Iran,Syria,Russia and China. I think the bully will be humiliated for all to see very soon.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

When pinting fingers, remember that three are pointing back at you.

Iran is quite the bully as well.

They have admitted to State sponsered terrorism. Even boasted about it.
edit on 9-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

How do you mean?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

How do you mean?

I editted my reply. I really have nothing against the Iranian people, but their gov is as screwed up as the US.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I agree. They do seem pretty screwed up in alot of ways.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ya but if we actually did go to war with Iran; and we started to loose we'd just let lose a storm of missiles. The Persians aren't the only ones who can blot out the sun with arrows, and ours have HE on the end of them. Not saying we should.
edit on 10-2-2012 by KwisatzHaderach because: Spelling error

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

They have admitted to State sponsered terrorism. Even boasted about it.
edit on 9-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

Can you give some sources of them boasting about state sponsored terror, not saying you are wrong I'd like to read about it.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
America isnt, and wasnt a coward..
.. its just been infected by scumbags.
And now, they are using it as a means to their greedy ends.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think the U.S. military is much more powerful than people realize. Think of the lack of soldiers and so forth and everything that makes our military look week but, all of that man power has to be compensated for some how. And it is done with technology. The U.S. has the most technologically advanced military on the face of the Earth right now.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Seems kinda shady to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that the U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.
edit on 10-2-2012 by targeting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I think the U.S. military is much more powerful than people realize. Think of the lack of soldiers and so forth and everything that makes our military look week but, all of that man power has to be compensated for some how. And it is done with technology. The U.S. has the most technologically advanced military on the face of the Earth right now.

But if you look at America's record all they have under their belt since WW2 is Iraq really.

They have been humiliated many times.

And I read how China hacked into the drone to land it in Iran the other day. I think all the tech is a bit over rated.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that th U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.

Do you really think it will be one on one?

Plus America couldnt beat Vietnam or Korea.

Those Viet Kongs werent scared of your military budget.
edit on 10-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

It was also in the news.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is allegedly from a guy on the gound in Iran.

The OP is very well reasoned in his thinking and not one to over propagandize things. He just tells it as he sees it. I hope that he survives the coming war.

To be truthful, I hope that war is NOT forthcoming. I've had a bellyfull. I don't wish it upon any one, well, unless they're evil.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

We dragged out the other wars because a quick war doesn't make money. If it were really in the best interest of the people calling the shots to go to war and end it quickly the wars we are involved in would last a couple of weeks. The U.S. possesses Air superiority. The U.S. military has technology that is at least 20 years ahead of our time.
edit on 10-2-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Our 'technologically superior' navy would get wiped out.

Attacking Iran utilizing naval vessels in the Gulf of Oman and straits of Hormuz is akin to suicide.
edit on 10-2-2012 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

But if you look at America's record all they have under their belt since WW2 is Iraq really.

They have been humiliated many times.

And I read how China hacked into the drone to land it in Iran the other day. I think all the tech is a bit over rated.

The way I see it is...

There is no profit in victory. Where you go to war and demand a unconditional surrender. The US has not done that since WW2. That used to be how wars were fought.

No more.

Now it seems to be a business enterprise.

Remember? Eisenhower even warned us.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that th U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.

Do you really think it will be one on one?

Plus America couldnt beat Vietnam or Korea.

Those Vet Kongs werent scared of your military budget.

Oh please. First of all the U.S. has NATO on their side. Turkey and Israel alone would be enough to crush Iran, but with the entirety of NATO at our sides the U.S. military is practically undefeatable right now.

And who says we couldn't beat vietnam? We didn't surrender we just left because the government finally realized how pointless the war was. You're crazy if you think that America would have lost the war if we didn't pull our troops out. The Vietnam war was an incredible success militarily speaking. The viet congs didn't even win a single major battle.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I agree but America failed to make North Korea or Vietnam capitalists. The commies won.

And I dont think wars generate any money anymore. Only for shareholders of private corporations that get contracts.

I think America's recent conflicts have been about maintaining their Imperial Empire. The Empire is crumbling around them.
edit on 10-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that the U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.
edit on 10-2-2012 by targeting because: (no reason given)

Its been well documented that the US gov are willing to pay many many times over the odds to line their cronies pockets. I don't doubt that they have the most advanced military in the world, but lets say they pay 10 times over going price for something. 692,000,000,000 becomes 69,200,000,000 irans budget of 9,174,000,000 doesn't look so out of place when compared to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join