It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines posed with Nazi symbol in Afghanistan

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

You're right it's not the first time because it's been in use in the scout sniper community since '67.
People are way too soft, and if they're not whining about one thing, they're whining about something else. Big deal, these guys are trained killers, why exactly should they care what civilians approve or disapprove as their logo?

As i said, this is not a private military unit. This unit represents values of a government and its people, And if people dont like it when individuals use historical symbolism that depicts something that they dont want to be associated with. They have a right to complain and ask them to get rid of it. They can even demand a investigation.

You are not allowed to have private agendas in a military unit unless it has been authorised.

I guarantee it will still be in use.

I can garantee you that when they do it will be hit hard.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
As i said, this is not a private military unit. This unit represents values of a government and its people, And if people dont like it when individuals use historical symbolism that depicts something that they dont want to be associated with. They have a right to complain and ask them to get rid of it. They can even demand a investigation.

They can complain, sure. Just like they complain about everything under the sun. Not gonna change anything.

You are not allowed to have private agendas in a military unit unless it has been authorised.

What's the private agenda here? lol

I can garantee you that when they do it will be hit hard.

I can guarantee you won't know about it. Just like no one's obviously known for the past 50 years even though it was publicly available information
edit on 2-17-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I would love to have 10 min with this reporter. It didn't say how long he was embedded with them but I'm pretty sure these Marines didn't know he was a woman. His vagina must've been hurt pretty bad to try to make a story out of this. Just think about it these guys protected him, kept him alive and out of harm's way then he turns around and tries to sensationalize this knowing damn well that the emblem stood for scout snipers. If he didn't know he is the dumbest rock in the box. What a two-faced piece of #.

People, get a grip and grow some. Get a clue while you're at it. The guy is writing a book and wants to get some publicity so he releases a photo insinuating some BS knowing full damn well that these were scout snipers and this emblem has been around since the inception of scout snipers or he is the worst writer on the face of the planet from not knowing.

I hope this guy tries to get embedded in a military unit again. If he is dumb as he claims he is that he didn't know then he must've been a handful just to keep alive. If he is dumb enough to try it again and it was my unit we would let nature take its course. It would be a Darwinian result. If he truly did not know the SS stood for scout sniper seeing as how he was embedded with a scout sniper platoon then he is a ate up as a soup sandwich.

I do not believe this guy is dumb been doing exactly what he was doing and what the emblem meant any was cold and calculating by releasing this photo to insinuate something he knew beyond a shadow of a doubt to be false. The guy is a rattlesnake actually that would be an insult to the snake. In my experience karma doesn't seem to work too well but I can only hope this guy takes long walk off a short cliff someday.

I can tell you from experience having a reporter/writer embedded with your unit slows you down makes everything more dangerous for you so I know these guys did not expect this piece of # to turn around write this kind of crap about them.

The only thing this writer's bringing to light, is just how shady he is.

Maybe the writers bringing to light one other thing, other people's willingness to believe the worst and the lack of common sense of the civilian populace when it comes to our soldiers.

I do not envy soldiers today with the amount of crap they have to put up with. I got out some years ago, maybe that's a good thing because I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to put up with it now. I read an article not too long ago that they were making it against regulations for soldiers to fart because it offended the Afghans. Excuse me but what kind of bull ship is that? First of all the Afghans smell worse than anything that ever came out of my # but here they are threatening judicial punishment for farting. Because it offends them? Do you know what offends me. IEDs getting shot at that really can hurt someone's feelings.

You people need to get off your high horses get a reality check open your eyes and ears and shut your mouths because you people have no clue how great these soldiers are. Every damn one of them volunteered their lives to go and do things so that you can sit at home and become armchair generals.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hi friend...

I told you about my Marine friends, but, i never told you about my family (my father) who worked in the Air Force (for NORAD). What do you know about WB 9MWS? It's an Air Force base, but lots of Marines there

LOL man, don't be so quick to judge. I have been in areas you can't even get into.

This is not about Americans or Marines, but about the world police acting like the world bully.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

ETA:

I said I have been in areas you have never been, but really, I have lived in areas you can't live in.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I meant you can't get into or live in. I bet SS flags don't fly too well either.

Pathetic imitation of yours.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I actually don't see a problem here.
What they have on the flag, reminds me more of the "lightning bolt" S that for example the Band KISS use in their Logo. The Sig-Rune, the SS later used, looks a bit different.
But just as with KISS (they had to change their Logo for the german market because german media went crazy about it) people are quick to jumpt to wrong conclussions.

And even if it was the Sig-Rune, so what? I guess they would use it as shock-value and not because they're are all Nazis. Black Sabbath used them on the cover art for their Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album and later on the We sold our Soul for Rock n' Roll compilation and does anyone think Tony Iommi or Ozzy are Nazis?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>I have a old Buck Knife that has the runic SS on it but it stands for stainless steal but I bet some idiots on here would argue that.

edit on 18-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
When I go to the store today I am going to go by the toys sections and see if I can find a Super Soaker I think I remember seeing the s,s look like lightning bolts.

Do people still want to claim that everyone should know what the emblem stands for?

Before people jump to conclusions the answer is yes I am being extremely sarcastic.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Please read through, and look the section 'Death Squads'.

Regardless of what the intent was, it is grossly inappropriate to use these insignia. Regardless of the politics of today and the Zionism of the current Israeli government, the simple fact is that the Holocaust made all of these symbols taboo and reminiscent of a regime that inflicted brutal, awful cruelty not only upon those who were unfortunate enough to in their crosshairs directly, but also the entire continent of Europe for the 6 years of the War and a good period thereafter. The Sig runes are symbolic of the cold-blooded murder of several million Men, Women, and Children, whether they were Catholics, Gays, Marxists, Soviets, Russians, Ethnic Slavs, Romani, or Jews.

I very seldom make such blanket statements like this but anyone who tries to justify this sort of thing is the worst form of apologist.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

If you disagree with them, it doesn't mean my reasons are wrong because you think they are, and it doesn't mean you are wrong because I think you are.

One day, you will realize this is a truly feeble argument. Relativism is the first port of call of the scoundrel.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by duality90
One day, you will realize this is a truly feeble argument. Relativism is the first port of call of the scoundrel.

No I won't, no it's not, and that's your opinion.

Next....

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The US hired former heads of the NKVD and the stazi to help design the modern Amerikan police state...

Homeland Security - Blueprint For Tyranny
(Former East German Stasi agent hired by DHS): Click HERE
Ex-STASI Chief Hired By Dept. of Homeland Security? Click HERE
Former KGB heads to Help Spy On Americans:

radiofreeredoubt.blogspot.com...

don't sweat the small stuff
pay attention to what is important...and WHO is telling you what isn't

remember operation "paperclip"

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Stop hating I didn't even realize that it was a nazi flag no one did

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Next....

Cheers.

There's opinion, and then there's objective fact.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Next....

Cheers.

www.nizkor.org...

you practice the art of fallacy well, by the way.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Rock bands - Military , who should really be in trouble here for using symbology steeped in nazi lore !

Rock bands arent out defending the country or its ideals whilst waving SS flags which are directly reminiscant of the SS flag of the waffen ss

Rockbands can do as they please as they will only suffer public opinion and no one will buy their albums
the military on the other hand should not be doing it period !

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForgetMe
Stop hating I didn't even realize that it was a nazi flag no one did

You didn't? Have you never watched Hogan's Heroes? Have you never seen War and Remembrance? I could go on, point is, there's no shortage of places that it could have been gleaned from so your comment just shows, whether rightly or wrongly, how screwed up our teaching of history is...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

www.nizkor.org...

you practice the art of fallacy well, by the way.

I've done nothing but explain my reasoning as to why I don't think these things are offensive, and my reasons are not wrong simply because a supposed majority may think that they are.

If you and others choose to be offended, that's fine by me, but saying that I am wrong for not being offended is wrong in itself.

Everything being discussed in this thread is relative, so I could say that EVERYONE is making a relativistic fallacy here.

There's no actual truth to this topic. The fact is that the soldiers posed with a flag with 2 sig runes on them.
I do not find the flag in bad taste because of reasons I have already stated numerous times. Many others also do not find it to be in bad taste.

You, however, DO find the flag to be in bad taste for reasons you have stated.

We disagree on something that is not factual.

Ultimately, I am saying "that may be true for you, but it's not true for me." and you are also saying the same thing.

EDIT: If the soldiers in the pic openly admitted that they were in fact using the flag to represent Nazi ideals, then I would be worried if I -STILL- chose to believe that it is not a Nazi symbol. Until that happens, I am going to reason that the SS stands for Scout Sniper, because there is more circumstantial evidence pointing to that conclusion.

Cheers
edit on 21-2-2012 by Qemyst because: Content

edit on 21-2-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I believe that anyone who joins the military has courage. There is a lot of military bashing on this site, and I understand why but the soldiers are not the ones deciding which country were going to f#&! over next. They signed up to protect the nation, and that to me screams courageous. Not many are willing to put their lives on the line for anyone (other than themselves maybe). It is a shame that our leaders are so piss poor.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join