It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Science of Dubstep (Music of the Apocalypse)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Dubstep is a genre of music which came out of South London in the late 90's...

If you care to google the history of dubstep in more detail please visit the link:
en.wikipedia.org...

Now to begin with for those of you that have heard Dubstep before and you either love it and are addicted to the wub wub of the basslines, the twisted synths the crazy breaks and looped percussion or simply that electronic robotic feeling you get like youre talking to a space alien or something, or you hate it and the chaos that forces you to adapt or die is just too much for your poor ears to digest..lol

Anyway my point here is this music is from another dimension.. i swear it!

I have been producing urban music for almost 20 years now and i know how to make a song. I know the structure that goes into each track, tweeking sounds, adjusting volumes and getting that perfect mix down of that stone cold beat..

And yes i have experimented with genres ranging from pop, electro, rock, jazz, dnb, hip hop, soul r&b you name it i have probably tried something like it... my point is i just cant get my head around Dubstep beats..

Just when you think you have mastered one technique another ten come along and then another hundred..
The way Dubstep has evolved and sounds today is arguably completely different from the music it came from..

Yes it maintains the dub delayed bassline that make you say.. "oh no he didn't!" that crazy wub wub wub, but todays Dubtsep is in a dimension of its own..

If youre not into electro hard music that turns into something light and decodent and then turns at you and spits electric razor blades right into your face.. then Dubstep probably wont be for you..

But if you are into really creative , far out there ideas..Dubstep is the place to be..

When i listen to Dubstep i swear tracks come on that make me feel like there is a transformer from the left side of the moon , self destructing in some binary code language, knowing the keys of life are simply that.. they "keys" of life... music!

Call it the devils music, the streets music, the apocalypse music or what you may..

But there is a deeeeeep science behind DubStep music... all you can do is sit there starstruck and wrapped in awe of the next creation!

Enjoy!!! (See if you can get all the way to the end!!!!!)

This music truly takes you on journeys of self and inner discovery... give it a chance

edit on 9-2-2012 by Oxygenation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just because dubstep doesn't sound like traditional music doesn't mean it's alien.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

There's this other music that I swear is also from another dimension. I mean there was music like it before, but not like it is in this state, simply mind altering stuff that will take you on a journey of self discovery.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Does Arctic Child / Hennie Bekker qualify????

This song is absolutely mesmerizing to me.

When I meditate I can go directly into a relaxing mode just hearing this.

Credit for video and beautiful photographs are courtesy of C. Ballard.

Arctic Child can be purchased at Amazon.com - worth it.

Enjoy...............this will make most of you out there's day.

Soothing, calming, beautiful.
edit on 9-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I love dubstep/house/all electronic music basically. I could be in the worst mood and throw on some deadmau5 or anything with good rhythm and bass, or a nice lead up to some womps, and ill be jumpin in no time haha. Theres nothing like the bass and togetherness of a sick show.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Dubstep is crazy popular in college. they play it everywhere, parties, raves, i love listening to it while i ride my bike. its definitely has a time and place for it. Most of the time i just stick to EDM.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You can spend all the time you want polishing turds but they still look and smell the same. The same could be said of Dubstep. It's simplified electronic, slowed down, dumbed down for the rhythm-less masses and analogous to beating pots and pans in the kitchen when a child.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Music of the apocalypse....

Dubstep is just drum and bass with a slower BPM and breakbeatss, there's some good dubstep out there but I prefer drum and bass, but dubstep is not apocalypse music it's an evolution of electronic music.

This is a rad remix done in dubstep by Pendulum...

edit on 9-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
DUBSTEP! I remember when Dubstep first showed up. I am a jungle/drum&bass mc. I love it. Nothing alien about it bro! It's cosmopolitan!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Some of it is definitely alien.

www.youtube.com...

Nice scene, although it is years ago when you could find me in the clubs in London, Rotterdam. Great stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Dub was created in the 80's.

I'm only 19 and I know this..
Ever heard of Lee "scratch" Perry?
He's a dub pioneer..

also check out Mala and his song Changes - That is real Dub

edit on 9-2-2012 by Yendor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Listening to Dubstep (and DnB) makes me run my jogging course faster.

Very good music genre for any kind of training.

edit on 9-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
People thought the same thing about rock and roll music back in the 50s-
It was the devil's music as you couldn't resist getting out there and dancing with the opposite sex- it had power, was bizzare, new, and "other-wordly" (electric guitars were pretty new and distortion was un-heard of beforehand).

I do like dubstep though- not really as something I listen to on my own, but as awesome music to dance to; I've never had as much fun anywhere than I have at a dubstep concert!

I like odd time signatures, bizzare noises, trance-inducing melodies and repitive beats- but I like hearing it from instruments and enjoy the sound of people singing more than electronic synthesized sounds.
That's why I listen to Tool religiously

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
who knows!!!! maybe we are missing the point and it isn't ''music''

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is for my deep dark dubbers out there. Enjoy

soundcloud.com...

soundcloud.com...
edit on 9-2-2012 by Yendor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation
Dubstep is a genre of music which came out of South London in the late 90's...

If you care to google the history of dubstep in more detail please visit the link:
en.wikipedia.org...

Now to begin with for those of you that have heard Dubstep before and you either love it and are addicted to the wub wub of the basslines, the twisted synths the crazy breaks and looped percussion or simply that electronic robotic feeling you get like youre talking to a space alien or something, or you hate it and the chaos that forces you to adapt or die is just too much for your poor ears to digest..lol

Anyway my point here is this music is from another dimension.. i swear it!

I have been producing urban music for almost 20 years now and i know how to make a song. I know the structure that goes into each track, tweeking sounds, adjusting volumes and getting that perfect mix down of that stone cold beat..

And yes i have experimented with genres ranging from pop, electro, rock, jazz, dnb, hip hop, soul r&b you name it i have probably tried something like it... my point is i just cant get my head around Dubstep beats..

Just when you think you have mastered one technique another ten come along and then another hundred..
The way Dubstep has evolved and sounds today is arguably completely different from the music it came from..

Yes it maintains the dub delayed bassline that make you say.. "oh no he didn't!" that crazy wub wub wub, but todays Dubtsep is in a dimension of its own..

If youre not into electro hard music that turns into something light and decodent and then turns at you and spits electric razor blades right into your face.. then Dubstep probably wont be for you..

But if you are into really creative , far out there ideas..Dubstep is the place to be..

When i listen to Dubstep i swear tracks come on that make me feel like there is a transformer from the left side of the moon , self destructing in some binary code language, knowing the keys of life are simply that.. they "keys" of life... music!

Call it the devils music, the streets music, the apocalypse music or what you may..

But there is a deeeeeep science behind DubStep music... all you can do is sit there starstruck and wrapped in awe of the next creation!

Enjoy!!! (See if you can get all the way to the end!!!!!)

This music truly takes you on journeys of self and inner discovery... give it a chance

edit on 9-2-2012 by Oxygenation because: (no reason given)

Actually Dubstep is made with the same means as any music is made. The only difference is the outside of the box way of arranging and editing they do. Computers programs have simplified the production of these sounds, you just haven't been exposed to them. You think Skrillex, a 23 year old dumbass emo douchbag, knows anything about the science behind the music he "creates" (edits) ? No. It's not that hard to do. Because you have been trained in other areas of music it's harder for you to unlearn what you have learned to accept a new style of music. For Skrillex, he was fresh on the scene and just came into it naturally, he didn't have to unlearn # first. He wasn't set in his ways is what I'm trying to say, it's just something that represents youth of the new generation.

There's nothing apocalyptic, alien, or scientfic about it. You sound like the old fogies when Elvis first started shaking his hips, they thought it was the end of the world too.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Future national anthem for NWO will be dubstep

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I tried my "talent" in making dubstep last summer and i can tell you, its nothing alien, satanic, nwo and it doesn't have anything to do with the end of the world.

Its just electronic music that is set to shock the listeners with extremely low bass lines and catchy beats ... and its pretty hard to be original nowdays ... seems like everything is taken ....

The true music you could try researching is anything that has "PSYCHEDELIC" in its name ... for example psychedelic trance .... that has a deep impact on everyone .. both spiritually and mentally ...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

i think its more so the popularity of dubstep i cant wrap my head around. The genre has been out for decades but only within the last few years has it gained such national and global mention. Dubstep is top 40 now, and pop-club music is right along side. Electonic music completely dominates the airwaves right now and theres little explanation for it than how the internet along side record companies change the course of mainstream attention.

Many songs over the past 2 years have made the apocalypse sound like fun, a giant dance party. Dubstep's momentum is a part of some strange transition our consciousness is in with music.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

See.. I knew someone would feel me

Bless you brother!

<<   2 >>

join