It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine jailed over bomb plot and terror camp plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Nine jailed over bomb plot and terror camp plan

www.bbc.co.uk

Nine men who plotted to bomb the London Stock Exchange and build a terrorist training camp have been jailed.

Three of the men - all members of an al-Qaeda inspired terror group - received indeterminate sentences for public protection at London's Woolwich Crown Court.

The court heard they had planned to raise funds for a terrorist camp in Pakistan and recruit Britons to attend.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am not from the U.K so maybe I am late on this deal but this is the first I have heard of it. It would seem that Pakistan has just as many, if not more, terrorists as Afghanistan.

Seems a bit strange to me that America give billions of dollars of aid a year to a country that has terrorist camps all over it. What is almost just as screwed up is that they were trying to start a camp for recruits or maybe the sleeper cells that are in the U.K already..?

The three to receive indeterminate sentences for the terror camp plan were Mohammed Shahjahan 27, of Stoke-on-Trent, who was jailed for a minimum term of eight years and 10 months.

They only get 8 years and 10 months for trying to start this terrorist camp?! Wow, blows my mind, I guess it is because they were not sucessful, but still even if it is "aledged" they were still planning on doing it, they should get more time IMO.

Well ATS what do we think?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-2-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There always seems to be plots like this one popping up.

We normally hear the facts after prosecution, to avoid jeopardizing the case - and that's if we get told anything at all.

If the "terrorists" are caught and placed on trial, it could "activate" possible accomplices or scare off sponsors, losing a chance for intelligence gathering - so they keep it pretty hush hush.

Also, you never really know what to believe - I am 100% convinced that both the 7/7 attack in London, and the 9/11 attack's in New York city and Washington DC, were definitely "government" sponsored.

That's to say that certain government members, in multiple countries (at least 4) actively planned, executed and benefited from said attack's,

And we should all know who they are by now.

Don't trust the BBC

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'd love to hear the exact "inspirations" this group received from Al Q. I guess merely the mention of that group now brings acceptance to people's mind to instantly think "group = bad".

From reading that article, the only inspiration evident was for them to grow beards lol

I'm not saying that there's anything good about Al Q. Merely pointing out the use of name-drops to bring impact to this story.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This sounds like more thought crime imprisonment.

People plan all sorts of ridiculous things all the time.

Hell, police and military plan to set up sleeper cells and plant bombs and assassinate people all the time as a matter of training and preparedness.

I'd need a little more than a beard and an idea to send somebody away for 8 years.

Passing sentence, Mr Justice Wilkie said this was a "serious, long-term venture in terrorism" that could also have resulted in atrocities in the UK.

So is taking a long road trip.

But this here is the craziest thing of all:

Mohibur Rahman, 28, from London, was given a five-year sentence after he admitted to possessing two editions of an al-Qaeda magazine for terrorist purposes.

edit on 9-2-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I am not from the U.K so maybe I am late on this deal but this is the first I have heard of it. It would seem that Pakistan has just as many, if not more, terrorists as Afghanistan.

There were no terrorist from Afgan.
The reason for the Afgan war was that "terrorist were based and trained " in Afgan.

The US were after Al Qaeda, approx 100 of them, 10 years later, few hundred billion, they find out they were in Pakistan the whole time.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

There were no terrorist from Afgan.
The reason for the Afgan war was that "terrorist were based and trained " in Afgan.

The US were after Al Qaeda, approx 100 of them, 10 years later, few hundred billion, they find out they were in Pakistan the whole time.

Not much of a difference there I guess...Still that is dumb to be wrong the whole effing time, just goes to show ya the CIA isn't totally on the up and up...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sooner or later some clowns will pop up close enough for me to collect the bounty.

Then im goin to Tahiti for a 3 week vacation on that money just for dialing the phone......

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Don't you get it yet? Israeli troops trained the Taliban in Pakistan. Israel was created by globalist Nazi sympathizers. You're all a little too late to sober up at the party as too many ducks are in a row. Last I heard wasn't al qaeda and the cia on the same team in Libya? Am I the only person who sees this coming to a head? And soon.. The recent legislation has certainly prepared the sickle.

top topics

join