It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All non US ATS members!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Hey, he probably found that "SPare Change" down the side of his sofa. He should be giving HUNDREDS of millions to aid his country, as he is the richest citizen. ANd if yo say he shouldnt cos he earnt it, well I call that greed and selfishness.

Still not good enough?

Gates donates 100 million for aids vaccine

Gates gives 57 million for aids

Gates gives 28 million for South African AIDS initiative

There are many more examples.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

Hey, he probably found that "SPare Change" down the side of his sofa. He should be giving HUNDREDS of millions to aid his country, as he is the richest citizen. ANd if yo say he shouldnt cos he earnt it, well I call that greed and selfishness.

Still not good enough?

Gates donates 100 million for aids vaccine

Gates gives 57 million for aids

Gates gives 28 million for South African AIDS initiative

There are many more examples.

So, he has a few more sofas than us he can find change down? You seem to forget the ridiculous amount of money he has, he could have whatever he wanted for 10 million, and the profits he makes from Microsoft will always keep the ccompany growing, so what is he doing with his Surplus cash? Hoarding it. Those donatioans are nothing when you consider his wealth

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So, he has a few more sofas than us he can find change down? You seem to forget the ridiculous amount of money he has, he could have whatever he wanted for 10 million, and the profits he makes from Microsoft will always keep the ccompany growing, so what is he doing with his Surplus cash? Hoarding it. Those donatioans are nothing when you consider his wealth

You know how much he could have given? $0.00 He's not obligated to any of this. Seems like you would rather see him broke.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
I live in Canada and I'm not brainwashed. I get American channels such as CNN and Fox. I'd be more apt to think that Americans are more brainwashed-

Anyway, we're here to help any and all. When it comes to money, though, I'm sure you can provide for yourselves. If you need to come across the border to crash because your homeless or something, then go right ahead. This is a free Country!

I live in Canada too, we a VERY less brainwashed then american...there is much les propaganda on the news from canada.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You have voted SomewhereinBetween for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Well said, mate. Canadians usually bend over backwards to help the US out, only to get the shaft. Despite near-constant slander, abuse and demands the Canadians seem to offer help none the less.

Are you surprised that our polite smiles have disappeared?

DE

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It is ironic that a country that's sinking $200B annually into an overseas adventure aka Iraq would look for assistance. Leave Iraq, bank the cash and build reinforced homes in FL, for gossakes. Spend the rest on education. Send me a 6-pack of beer for coming up with this fiscal miracle. Problem solved.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Hey, I am serious

I provided you with links to how Australia has helped America deal with a natural disaster and you just skipped over it. Care to acknowledge? Or is this thread not about seeking help from other countries at all, and is just another opportunity to bitch?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
It is ironic that a country that's sinking $200B annually into an overseas adventure aka Iraq would look for assistance. Leave Iraq, bank the cash and build reinforced homes in FL, for gossakes. Spend the rest on education. Send me a 6-pack of beer for coming up with this fiscal miracle. Problem solved.

Yeah baby!!! Stop spending on illegal war and start spending on helping families in your own country...Not our fault if they lost money because of an illegal war!

Any way, I have nothing against american individuals, Everybody is an person before being a part of a country

Let's just hope that everything will be o.k!

Ameliaxxxxxx

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What a load of BS the Royal navy has 2 vessels following the hurricanes and giving aid and help to the likes of barbados and jamaica. They have been treating the wounded (900 one day) and they have been restarting generators and even evacuating people on their ships. What more do you want.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well people i'm Canadian, and from observation and talking to people in my home town i've got nothing but slander. You don't know how many people i've talked to when I married an American and they told me how much they hate Americas, I mean tons of people.. My friends came over here for a visit and they started raggin on American accents and how they were annoying, how stupid people were here, ect ,ect.. So I made the argument they were brainwashed, I asked why do you think all of this?
And then the How ... How do you get this information? But they came here pre programmed, I finally got one to admit he was, while she just wanted to be ignorant.
Of course i'm not saying all Canadians, but i've seen alot in my hometown.
They have no reason to hate, no reason to rag, they say that Americans are ignorant and arrogant, they should look in the mirror.

Alot of Canadian media liberal. liberals have been in power 24+ years, why wouldn't they want the media being liberal? Carolyn Parrish, remember her lovely setiments "damn americans, I hate those bastards"... Those are the people in parliament and at queens park.. They do do a very good job of spreading the joy

And I find here, people love Canadians, they think their cool people...
So I don't understand why canadians hate americans... Americans have been nothing but nice.

I'm just saying you won't find the canadian government forking over any money to help.

Sure Americans can take care of themselves...
But it's on principal people...

For example:
I know strangers can take care of themselves if they get in a car accident, but on principal i'll stop and offer my services to them out of concern and because i care. It may have been a little fender bender but it doesn't matter. Thats my point.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think everyone should remember that the US is not asking anyone for aid, but a few people have pointed out that it would have been nice for it to have been offered.

I think many would agree that the US is always amoung the first to offer aid and assistance when disasters occur elsewhere. We see now that such things are apparently forgotten quickly. Non Americans would rather focus on the bad things and act like the US never does anything good. It's often said that no good deed goes unpunished. That's fine, I guess, but we'll probably keep helping the rest of you ungreatful folks anyway. That's just the kind of civilized, caring people we are.

On a seperate note, can anyone name any country on the planet that has given more money for AIDS research than the US has? How about any country that has given more than Bill Gates has (since he is mentioned in this thread)? I would even wager that the US has given more money to fight AIDS than the rest of the nations on the planet combined.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
It is pleasing to me that most Americans do not have your attitude, and frankly the multititude of Americans I know and deal with are good, kind, caring, sincere thinking individuals who do not share your enmity for all things non-American. So why your arrogance?

Well i'm Canadian actually, moved to the states, so I have dual citizenship.
Maybe i'm just Anti Liberal Canadian Government/Media which gives my "non-American" attitude.. I've always been like this since I found out how bias the canadian media is and how they've done such a wonderful job or brainwashing the youth over there... Thanks to them, I know many people back home that are anti american... That's my problem.. And maybe you shouldn't shoot your mouth since you don't know me very well.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The United States is the first country to help and the last country to leave when people around the world are in trouble.

From earth quakes to floods the United States and its people always lend a hand, even to our enemies (Iran earth quake 2004) and we always ask even when we know we will be turned away, because its the human thing to do.

Where are the European volunteers coming over to help serve meals and help in the rebuilding of homes and lives of families that would be there helping you rebuild your home.

To all of you who need help in the future, take a look at my mood and then ask for help.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
On a seperate note, can anyone name any country on the planet that has given more money for AIDS research than the US has? How about any country that has given more than Bill Gates has (since he is mentioned in this thread)? I would even wager that the US has given more money to fight AIDS than the rest of the nations on the planet combined.

See what happens when you have truly free market??
What other countries besides Japan and the US have free markets and prospering citizens? Maybe I need a lesson in this but for what i know America is doing a pretty good damn job when it comes to free enterprise, I guess when you live in a country like this, it's alot easier to help those in need.. Oh and it just goes to show the UN is nothing but a farce and a place where corrupt aholes go to stuff alittle jing in their pockets.
Keep on rockin Kofi...

[edit on 16-9-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The United States is the first country to help and the last country to leave when people around the world are in trouble.

From earth quakes to floods the United States and its people always lend a hand, even to our enemies (Iran earth quake 2004) and we always ask even when we know we will be turned away, because its the human thing to do.

Where are the European volunteers coming over to help serve meals and help in the rebuilding of homes and lives of families that would be there helping you rebuild your home.

To all of you who need help in the future, take a look at my mood and then ask for help.

The International community helps countries who are less able to cope in disasters Iran, Turkey etc.America so far has not suffered the loss of life that third world countries have.Why is it Americans are always so up themselves.When 9/11 happened the International community rallied around to support the families involved.Don`t lower yourself esteem by acting like spoilt children.When LA suffers it`s next big earthquake l am sure that if the states require help it would be offered.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Ok, now I know where your appreciation lies. I think it is you who missed the point.

You are not even humble enough to acknowledge that other countries help America when you are in need. You go off half cocked about how America saves everyone but nobody does anything for America, and it is insulting.

I think it's safe to say you have had your arse handed to you on this thread, and you brought it on yourself. I for one am not going to take your threads seriously anymore as I find you a bitter little person with a huge chip on your shoulder.

As for your "biteme" comment regarding helping other countries out, I will still advocate helping America in times of need despite this. Because I rest assured in the fact that not all Americans are like you and are deserving of our help.

That, and I don't happen to be a bitter and spiteful little person.

(Edit for language.)

[edit on 16-9-2004 by intrepid]

[edit on 16-9-2004 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Ok, now I know where your appreciation lies. I think it is you who missed the point. As for your "biteme" comment regarding helping other countries out,

That, and I don't happen to be a bitter and spiteful little pr!ck.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by cargo]

Cuz I didn't say bite me, and also if you are talking to me, I don't think I even attacked you.. Reread my post before you go and jump the gun, jeez..
touchy! Is that time of the month or something?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well this is sure degrading at a fast pace. Keep the insults to yourselves people. No circumventing the censers either please.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I bet Cuba offers assistance before Canada does... The Cdn gov HATES the US.
Why do you think their doing such a good job of brainwashing people over there? Why do you think they will allow al jazeera and not fox? Why do you think so many people hate the US over there?? Their brainwashed and you can thank the Cdn gov for that.

But Cuba got hit pretty bad with the hurricanes too, so maybe they won't...

But you would think Israel would or Australia... Perhaps even japan..

I'm not trying to start an argument here, so hopefully i do not start one. But i would like to point out that Canadian resue workers and the canadian red cross has been in florida for over a week and a half now providing whatever assistance they can. Its been all over the Canadian News.

I can't speak for all Canadians. But i can speak for myself when i say that i don't even know what "al jazeera" is, but i do watch Fox as well as CNN everyday. And imy wife is a Texan so i do not hate Americans, and will be relocating to the US asap, and taking US citizenship if possible.

One thing i do agree with you on is that most Canadians are brainwashed to a point by the damn Liberals that have been in power forever. They may just as well be communists (just my opinion). Canadian people as a whole just need to grow a spine and force some changes. And you are right it is the Liberal Governments falt. Sooner or later people will wake up and vote them out and things may start to change.

I hope i didn't offend anyone here and i hope it doesn't cause any problems.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by TheRavenNation]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wow I had no idea Canada hated America so much. I guess it's good to know who your enemys are. Just wondering what it was that America did to Canada? Even better, what was it that I as an American do to Canada?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join