It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All non US ATS members!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Come on infinite! I forgot my lunch today and am sooooo hungry. Can't you wire me some money?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Come on infinite! I forgot my lunch today and am sooooo hungry. Can't you wire me some money?

Errmm no

People are hungry in Africa and need aid too, but do you give them money?
Until you give aid to Africa, im not giving no money out

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I bet Cuba offers assistance before Canada does... The Cdn gov HATES the US.
Why do you think their doing such a good job of brainwashing people over there? Why do you think they will allow al jazeera and not fox? Why do you think so many people hate the US over there?? Their brainwashed and you can thank the Cdn gov for that.

Damn yeah, we hate Americans! Do you want some beef? There's plenty now that your government crippled our meat industry...

DE

PS- You can thank yourselves, it's your attitude that did you in. I'm sympathetic for the floridans, but this post is just all about putting the US on a pedestal and, as always, acting holier-than-thou.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Errmm no

People are hungry in Africa and need aid too, but do you give them money?
Until you give aid to Africa, im not giving no money out

See that's another problem though. You give money to some organization and have no idea where it really ends up. Time and time again I hear it isn't where you thought it would.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This thread could get out of hand easy. Lets all be friends.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
When are your countries going to offer their assistance!

Originally posted by Spittin Cobra
We are ALWAYS The first to help when a country is in need.

Why cant we get any when we need it?

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
the world just sits idly by, saying, to Hades with those "Americans", let them handle it all themselves.

Originally posted by True Lies
But you would think Israel would or Australia... Perhaps even japan..

Don't give me any of this BS!

Premier Carr farewells local firefighters as they take off to help fight USA fires

Firefighters answer America's burning call for help

How quickly we forget eh?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
See that's another problem though. You give money to some organization and have no idea where it really ends up. Time and time again I hear it isn't where you thought it would.

I dont give money to any organization to be honest 'cause i dont trust them at all, i dont like charities making us feel guilty. What i was trying to say was that there is other countries worse off in the world....

[edit on 16-9-2004 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

How quickly we forget eh?

My bad, I love those Aussies.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Bill Gates should be charged national emergency tax. Just take a fifth of his money and there you go, what a lovely big pot of money to spend on disaster defence and what not.

Or don't you mind that he is the Richest man in the World and he sn't willing to put that Wealth into the welfare of his fellow Americans?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Why do you think so many people hate the US over there?? Their brainwashed and you can thank the Cdn gov for that.

But Cuba got hit pretty bad with the hurricanes too, so maybe they won't...

But you would think Israel would or Australia... Perhaps even japan..

I can't believe you said that. How do we know that Canada isn't supporting people down there? A lot of the people living in Florida are Canadians. As for the gov't ponying up money, they can barely keep the country running the way they mismanage. As for the people though, I recall a lot of Canadians went to New York after 911. I recall a lot of Torontonians sent to NY state after a particullar snow storm to help. So I can't believe that we aren't helping out at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Anyone else just notice that glitch in the matrix? The page just freaked out. No? Must just be my sanity.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
[edit on 16-9-2004 by bet555]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Iraq should send planes over here to drop little yellow packets of food back on us .... ROFLMAO ....
We dont need HELP !!!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Bill Gates should be charged national emergency tax. Just take a fifth of his money and there you go, what a lovely big pot of money to spend on disaster defence and what not.

Or don't you mind that he is the Richest man in the World and he sn't willing to put that Wealth into the welfare of his fellow Americans?

Umm, Bill Gates just gave $20 million dollars to a large universtiy just yesterday!

Gates give $20 Million to CMU

You were saying?????

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The fact of the matter remains that the people that live in Florida and Alabama and who were badly affected by the hurricaine(s) are probably still better off living in the US then most other places in the world.

I would love to poll everyone who lost a house down there and ask them this:

If given the opportunity, would you move to any European country, right now, if you were given a new house and a good job? Or would you rather stay here, unemployed and homeless, and pick up the pieces and start over?

I know what I would say............

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros

Originally posted by chebob

Umm, Bill Gates just gave $20 million dollars to a large universtiy just yesterday!

Gates give $20 Million to CMU

You were saying?????

Hey, he probably found that "SPare Change" down the side of his sofa. He should be giving HUNDREDS of millions to aid his country, as he is the richest citizen. ANd if yo say he shouldnt cos he earnt it, well I call that greed and selfishness.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The United States gave Billions to fight Aids in Africa this year, more than all other countries combined.

Maybe Kofi and his family stole this money too?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Bill Gates, hummm.
Made all his money from a crappy product called Windows

lol

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Proletariat speaks!

Have any spare copies of Das Kapital hanging around, mate?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Hey,

The United States has been hit by 3 hurricans in the past month.

Billions in lost property

Thousands homeless

When are your countries going to offer their assistance!

We would be the first to help you in time of need!

For clarification, please tell us, what type of assistance you would like and from which countries exactly, those that are bought by greenbacks to back the war or those that are impoverished, or those like Britain, Australia, Japan which backed your war and is funding their own way through it? Or maybe you mean those countries you do not aid? I really would like you to expound since your is just another ad hominem remark usually made because there is no backbone to the charge.

truelies

I bet Cuba offers assistance before Canada does... The Cdn gov HATES the US.
Why do you think their doing such a good job of brainwashing people over there? Why do you think they will allow al jazeera and not fox? Why do you think so many people hate the US over there?? Their brainwashed and you can thank the Cdn gov for that.

Are there any countries those of you Americans who constantly bash other countries, like? The above statement of yours is indeed a true lie. The first country to call and offer assistance with firefighters, equipment and supplies to the U.S on that infamous day of September 11, 2001 was Canada, the response was no thanks. Nevertheless, Canadians throughout the country went on a nationwide fund raising effort and forwarded millions to the Red Cross for the victims of the families, (we won�t mention how your own Red Cross members cheated the victims, though.) You declared war in Afghanistan, Canada was not only there to fight with you, there are still over there as peacekeepers, paid its own way and as well contributed hundreds of millions to that cause. You start a war with Iraq, pound the bejesus out of the place, and even though Canada did not back it, $300 million went toward fixing the mess you made. All of that believe it or not is direct assistance and aid to you.

It is pleasing to me that most Americans do not have your attitude, and frankly the multititude of Americans I know and deal with are good, kind, caring, sincere thinking individuals who do not share your enmity for all things non-American. So why your arrogance?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join