It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay Marriage" apparently not all it was cracked up to be

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
reply to post by knoledgeispower

The only reason that same sex marriage is only legal in a very few states is thanks to the ignorant powers to be that are "old money". They are the ones that set everything in place and try to keep it that way to keep people dumbed down and pinned against one another.

No, the reasons same sex marriage is not legal is because the MAJORITY of people agree with me.
Seriously, educate yourself. There is a reason you have a brain, think for yourself instead of being fed the same # your pathetic us gov shovels down your throat. There are tons of things that a majority of people believe to be true but that doesn't make it so nor does it make it right.

You can continue to cry an whine and call me names OR you can accept the truth. I don't really care what you want to think about me. I know who I am. You're the confused one. You talk as if same sex marriage is already accepted and legal. When in all actuality it is not and it ill stay that way until people like you learn how to respect other peoples opinions. It's because of your lack of respect why you're so blind to your own disgraceful way of presenting your thoughts and opinions.

People like me learn to respect other peoples opinions, HA! I do not respect anyone who is ignorant and homophobic. You don't view homosexuals as human beings. You don't bother to educate yourself before you go spotting of non sense. You don't deserve respect because you do not respect an est. 707 million people on this earth.

You say that I can't accept the truth, that's because it is not the truth. You've been called out on your absurd, ludicrous, hypocritical, ignorant views, not just by me but by others, and you still refuse to see the truth and keep yourself dumbed down and uneducated.

edit on 14-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You're the bigot here ..... and did you even read your link?

The gallup poll question was not about marriage.....

The question they asked people was ......

www.gallup.com...

"Do you think Homosexual relations between consenting adults should or should not be legal?"

The question has nothing to do with "marriage"
edit on 15-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: add link

This poll is regarding anti-sodomy laws not same sex marriage.

Please at least read the links you submit... I did

Americans' support for legal gay relations has been as low as 32%, in 1986, but increased to 47% by 1989 and went above the majority level in 2001 for the first time. After peaking at 60% in May 2003, public support dropped that same year, likely as a backlash against a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that struck down a Texas anti-sodomy law and gave gays and lesbians new legal protections in that state. By 2006, Americans returned to the more supportive level seen previously, and generally held there until the increase this year.

edit on 15-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: add text

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ya know what gets me?

These States Rights "people". If marriage rights are determined by states. What is DOMA?

It simply means they're selective when it comes to facts if those facts don't agree with their irrational beliefs...even at the cost of throwing human decency, morality, and ethics over board.

Luckily, times are changing and bigots like that are now the minority.

For sure.

I've even seen the change here on ATS the last 5 years. Still a few "hold outs" - - apparently.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

You're another ignorant, bigot who I refuse to discuss these issues with.

I will not even bother to read your posts and this will be the last time I respond to your posts.

I don't care what your opinion is. You're rude and disrespectful and can KMA.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew

The question they asked people was ......

www.gallup.com...

"Do you think Homosexual relations between consenting adults should or should not be legal?"

The question has nothing to do with "marriage"

Second time in this thread I am at a complete loss.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Read the link and it will become clear.

This gallup poll is about anti-sodomy laws

NOTHING at all to with same sex marriage.

Seems pretty clear to me.

www.gallup.com...

Americans' support for legal gay relations has been as low as 32%, in 1986, but increased to 47% by 1989 and went above the majority level in 2001 for the first time. After peaking at 60% in May 2003, public support dropped that same year, likely as a backlash against a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that struck down a Texas anti-sodomy law and gave gays and lesbians new legal protections in that state. By 2006, Americans returned to the more supportive level seen previously, and generally held there until the increase this year.

EDIT:

Please, if you disagree with me about that link having NOTHING to do with same sex marriage. Quote any of the text in that link that says something related to same sex marriage.

Oh boy I found it for you ....

In the same poll, Gallup also finds support for gay marriage increasing to the majority level for the first time.

Of course they did not supply that specific poll and the question asked for the same sex marriage part. They only added that one sentence.

They also did not supply the number of people asked or locations in these polls.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

You're the bigot here .....

Says the guy who equals gays with animals...wow, the irony's strong in this one

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Says the guy who equals gays with animals.

No, that is your false interpretation of what I said.

If you want to continue to twist my words then I will no longer respond to you either.
edit on 15-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

You're the bigot here .....

Says the guy who equals gays with animals...wow, the irony's strong in this one

I get the feeling I'm on the playground in some alternate universe - - waiting for some boy to sock my arm.

Hope he's not overly friendly with his dog - - ya never know in an alternate universe.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Oh...sorry...you meant to say gay sex is the same as having sex with a dog. Here's the quote:

"I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH MY DOG"

That of course makes it much better

I guess you're ok with being a bigot until people call you out on it

edit on 15-2-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You obviously didn't read the post that I was responding to.

OR

You are purposely trying to take my quote out of context and ruining your own argument.

Either way you've shown your ignorance and rude behavior and I have no desire to continue this conversation with people like you.

You're rude, ignorant and I don't care what your opinion is anymore. I will not read or respond to your posts any longer.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to start keeping count on who and how many posters have now been called: "RUDE and IGNORANT.

Oh wait - - I already know.

Everyone who doesn't agree with the OP.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I can only call it like I see it.

Truthfully, I'm bored with this topic.

Currently the laws in the United States and the majority of citizens agree with me.

I have not seen a valid poll that shows a majority of Americans are pro same sex marriage.

Good luck trying to change the laws.

I'll check back later and will only respond to coherent, intelligent posts or questions.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Just because you are OK with one and not the other doesn't change the fact that both of them are wrong to some people. Many people think that a marriage is between a man and a woman and that's how it should stay. Your opinion is no more valid than theirs or mine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and as of this moment in the United States the majority agrees with me. Same sex marriage is only legal in a very few States.

1) The majority doesn't agree with you as recent polls clearly show...and they also show as time passes, less and less people believe in bigoted ideas like yours.

2) Gays getting married hurts no one and doesn't infringe on anyone's freedom.

3) Preventing gays getting married DIRECTLY affects people's freedoms...you're essentially classifying them as 2nd class citizens.

You are supporting a crazy (often Christian fundamentalist) minority in taking freedom away from people. Taking away freedom...sounds very American indeed...it's not as if "freedom" is part of some credo you hear so often, right?

But it's ok, no one's forcing you to discuss with people who disagree with you...you can even call them rude. It just shows everyone what a shining beacon of bigotry you are. If "freedom" were a living being, you would clearly set it alight and piss on it once it's burned to death

As for your nonsense about the majority being against same sex marriage, you're clearly wrong: LINK

But I guess pretending you're part of a majority, even if they're bigots, somehow legitimizes your bigotry.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

METHODOLOGY – This ABC News/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone March 10-13, 2011, among a random national sample of 1,005 adults, including landline and cell-phone-only respondents. The results from the full survey have a 3.5-point error margin. The survey was produced for ABC News by Langer Research Associates of New York, with sampling, data collection and tabulation by TNS of Horsham, PA.

1,005 people out of 313,014,000 Hardly a valid sampling of the US population

I can selectively get biased poll results too if I wanted to.

How many people who answer the phone and are opposed to gay marriage are even going to wants answer a questionaire?

"Hello Sir/Miss would you like to answer some questions regarding same sex couples and marriage?"

"CLICK"

EDIT:

Actual Questionaire Methodolgy used

The poll has an insufficient sample size to evaluate

edit on 15-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: add link

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Love how you sidestep the other valid points I made because they highlight your bigotry

As for your sample size criticism...you might wanna look into how statistics work, because clearly you don't know what a margin of error is for example. Here's a link to a summary of all major studies/polls on the subject in 2011, the margin of error is tiny: LINK

But of course we wouldn't wanna let facts get in the way of legitimizing bigotry, right?

Because you THINK they are valid DOES NOT make them valid.

Awesome comeback, way to "debunk" my claims

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Because you THINK they are valid

DOES NOT make them valid.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
VALID FACT - - progression of states that legalized same sex marriage.

2004 - MASSACHUSETTS
2008 - CONNECTICUT
2009 - IOWA
2009 - NEW HAMPSHIRE
2009 - VERMONT
2011 - NEW YORK
2012 - WASHINGTON

And - - District of Columbia and Oregon's Coquille and Washington state's Suquamish Indian tribes.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

No, this creates a second class citizenry to have separate names. A rough analogy is bathrooms and drinking fountains for non-whites. Thats still a toilet and drinking fountain right?

it is a pitiful analogy. the definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. if this is truly a fight over rights, then a civil union granting the same rights as a heterosexual marriage should appease you.

you aren't going to say "i have a civil union with my partner", you're going to say "we're married". yes, the difference is largely due to perception, but if this eases tensions between gays and straights while giving both the same benefits, then where is the problem?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by lordtyp0

No, this creates a second class citizenry to have separate names. A rough analogy is bathrooms and drinking fountains for non-whites. Thats still a toilet and drinking fountain right?

it is a pitiful analogy. the definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. if this is truly a fight over rights, then a civil union granting the same rights as a heterosexual marriage should appease you.

you aren't going to say "i have a civil union with my partner", you're going to say "we're married". yes, the difference is largely due to perception, but if this eases tensions between gays and straights while giving both the same benefits, then where is the problem?

Ok, how about this: everyone else in the world can call it a marriage, and the religious extremists and homophobes can call it a civil union (in their heads). Everybody's happy, there's no problem, and its a win/win, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join