It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if ET put us here on earth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well, this theory in not outlandish or crazy in any way.
Why?
I've read quite a lot of stories about ETs being here first, some of them were REALLY insane, and I mean stories coming from the "whistleblowers" whose credibility is very, very thin.
There were some abduction cases where the aliens openly said to the abductee that they created humanity and that this planet is theirs - but any competent researcher will meet these claims with extreme suspicion; why would the aliens say the truth? Abduction phenomenon being what it is, these stories - according to Hopkins, late Turner or Jacobs, and I second them on that - might be nothing more than alien propaganda. And probably is, because there's the thing about politics and control, and telling crazy stories to cause disbelief and confusion helps the entire cause immensely.

But I digress.

The point is, there were some scientific theories about an intelligent civilization living on Earth, then being forced to advance towards the stars after an immense catastrophe (global war, asteroid impact, climate change), and then sending seeds of life back to their home planet in some kind of drop pods, causing it to repopulate the planet; then they arrived and "helped" shape the life on Earth re-creating their ancestors (and "brothers" in a broad sense of the word) using apes as the base. Obviously this was done in stages, hence the cro-magnon, Neanderthal et al. But you'll agree with me that this theory, albeit wild, might fit with the rapid ascension of first humans from semi-apes to creatures capable of higher cognitive abilities.

Anyone remember Erich von Daeniken? This guy was full of it and quite a storyteller, most of his stories were holding only a grain of truth and a huge amount of bollocks in them. But he once remarked that human evolution is a joke; humasn are fragile, delicate, easy to kill and frankly dropping the fur, ape strength and becoming omnivorous is not the greatest evolution the apes could've taken. Honestly, humans are so weak and fragile that if it wasn't for our thinking capabilities and technology we would be effectively reduced by even small predators, not to mention the big boys like tigers, bears or lions.

So it might be true that we were shaped into our current form. By who, is anyone's guess. Bear in mind that the aliens might be quite different from us and our so-called hypothetical "fathers" might've been different from us in many ways. Still the Bible says that Elohim (gods) created humans IN THEIR SHAPE AND LIKENESS so there you go. Qute an intellectual whirlwind isn't it.

Yet this story does not sound insane to me, it might actually explain a lot of things in our history and why we became the dominant force on this planet.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think that a mix of everything is likely.

Don't be exclusive.

How about this:
1) humans and animals on earth are partly earth natives - we mostly originated here
2) there're very few or some intelligent ET's that have visited earth
3) there may or may not be DNA tampering
4) there may or may not be an agenda more complex than observation or "humanitarian aide" or non-involvement
5) some aliens may consider themselves native to earth even though they're not true natives
6) a few or most of UFOs are man-made (secret programs?) or natural phenomena
7) etc

I think the answer to all of this is probably a lot more diverse than is typically shown in popular media. I think panspermia is part of all this. ET's may spread life in the same way that comets and meteors might. But the fact that the cosmos is like a river that carries life from planet to planet is fundamental and is the reason that we're here. Nothing is truly 100% native to its planet because planets are not closed systems. Life routinely comes here from elsewhere via the mechanisms of panpsermia. We're all ET's.

To argue that anything is 100% native is to insist that earth is a closed system. That's not likely.

Read this to get a taste of what I mean - it's a interview with Dr. Chandra Wickramasinghe:
questional.com ...
edit on 11-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Alot of people use the argument that ET is not coming
here because the distances are too vast. Now, tech wise,
we are still a primitive race. But in the last hundred years
or so, we have progressed quite fast.

For example, we have the technology to find planets, and
have a pretty good idea if they are suitible for life. Imagine
in just another hundred years, the technology we will have
to make it easier to find these planets.

Well we don't actually find planets so to speak. We find the existence of planets by their influence on their sun. Planets are considered to be a common aspect of the universe, but a habitable planet may not be so common. It all depends on how many factors you place on it, so if you say just life then that opens the door for everything and life can live in extreme environments, but if you say advance life, now we really starts to limit what the environment needs to be like for that to happen. Mainly it's about water and since water has a very limited advance life range then a planet really needs to be that Goldilocks type.

Now, imagine an ET race that is say, 5000 years ahead of us,
which is not alot, universe wise. Imagine they had the technology
to find these planets with ease, and say they visit these planets, and
start life on them. Maybe cross breeding themselves and chimps. Maybe
they leave a few of of their race here on earth to study the progress. A good
place to hide would be the ocean. We do get many convincing cases of uso's.

5000 years lol... how about millions more likely....

One thing to remember is when you look at life here on earth you can see that it is ALL related. You are related to grass and everything else on this planet. We all share like DNA and that shows that as we go back in time every branch off the tree of life is connected to every other branch all the way back to the seed. Also, life on earth is unique to earth. One may ask why does our bodies need iron to live and lead is a poison? The simple answer is iron is abundant and so life evolved here on earth using it where lead is not and so not part of the evolutionary process.

We are unique to earth just as an Alien race would be unique to their home planet, if we had their DNA too then we could easily see that we have DNA unlike anywhere else on earth as part of our makeup.

So the straight forward answer is we are of earth and aliens are not here, sorry to say.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Well we don't actually find planets so to speak. We find the existence of planets by their influence on their sun. Planets are considered to be a common aspect of the universe, but a habitable planet may not be so common. It all depends on how many factors you place on it, so if you say just life then that opens the door for everything and life can live in extreme environments, but if you say advance life, now we really starts to limit what the environment needs to be like for that to happen. Mainly it's about water and since water has a very limited advance life range then a planet really needs to be that Goldilocks type.

We are still finding planets though. We might not be able to see what they look like, but they are planets.

5000 years lol... how about millions more likely....

I wrote 5000 years because even though thats small in iniverse terms, its huge when it comes to what we can do. Look what we have done in the last hundred years. What will we achieve in the next 100 years?

One thing to remember is when you look at life here on earth you can see that it is ALL related. You are related to grass and everything else on this planet. We all share like DNA and that shows that as we go back in time every branch off the tree of life is connected to every other branch all the way back to the seed. Also, life on earth is unique to earth. One may ask why does our bodies need iron to live and lead is a poison? The simple answer is iron is abundant and so life evolved here on earth using it where lead is not and so not part of the evolutionary process. We are unique to earth just as an Alien race would be unique to their home planet, if we had their DNA too then we could easily see that we have DNA unlike anywhere else on earth as part of our makeup. So the straight forward answer is we are of earth and aliens are not here, sorry to say.

Its so much bigger than that. Its not just the earth, we are all connected in teh univese, and not just space dust. Also, is there a missing link that scientists can't get their head round at the moment?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Think of our DNA as little antennas. Think where DNA really originated. The DNA that is abundant on this planet probably didn't all originate here but was transported here in rocks or possibly other ways from somewhere in the Universe long ago. How, when, and where are the only questions we should be asking. I think this rock was a formitable environment for remnants of alien life. Maybe some kind of moss or lowlevel plant or microbe life are the only true natives of this world. Maybe there's something we can learn from the water under the glacier in Antartica. I have no proof, just theories that need consideration. Are there Aliens? I really don't care, they don't seem to bother us and there's evidence that they've been around for a long time. Am I afraid of them? Definitely not. I'm leary of many things but afraid of very few.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As humans, our main goal is to discover, locate and potentially re-populate a new life supporting planet. What if we are in fact the final result of this long process, brought to planet Earth by our universal family line to ensure their race continues to live, learn and try and keep this chain reaction going.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Jay-morris

The biggest evidence against this is that of human evolution. For the theory to be sound, they would have had to seed us with the earlier human form DNA.

If you're seeding though, why go with the earlier, more inferior version? That's where it doesn't seem to make sense, and go into huge conjecture.

Why not go with a more advanced version of DNA instead of our current version? This one is easy. Because advanced version of DNA was corrupted and all future versions could no longer survive. An flaw in natural DNA evolution. Maybe it was the future environmental issue, or purely malicious by another hostile alien race wishing to breed out the other. Maybe something else altogether.

So it makes sense that Earth is really a huge DNA farm, and there are 'Alien DNA shepherds' amongst us to ensure our DNA keeps evolving (correctly) and nothing happens to the base DNA code to ensure the future aliens survival.

edit on 13-2-2012 by GodKilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
do you really think all races and cultures come out of Africa? ponder that
and you know how humans like status quo e. g. fanatic christians and mullah's got loose on the cosmos would be a never ending disaster

3 things to consider
advanced cultures dont kill unless its self defence and a warning has been given (they banish)

cosmic refugees from war and overpopulation

lost in time/space folk

we are told the universe is sterile but for earth eh eh

as unimaginably old and immense the universe is they say microbes might (might) live on other planets eh eh

and they know otherwise,we are on quarantine to stop our religions spreading the madness, even star men can be gullible, 2000 years ago ufo's, giants, dwarfs and many human types where common, its in folklore and art.

the age of reason is coming and the old faith based ideas will fall

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join