It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEO frees cat frozen in ice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A cat was found with it's four paws frozen in ice and a police officer noticed it not moving. The cop had to use a crowbar to free the poor cat and rush it to the vet. video.foxnews.com...

They couldn't even get a temperature reading the first take because the cat was so cold. I can't believe the cat lived. I thought this was a great story to hear at a time when it needed to be heard. It needs a home. Hey, I need a cat! Think I'll see if the cat has found a home yet.

Seeeee, there are some good cops left!
edit on 8-2-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wow, a good cop?

But then again, its not like the cat was gonna pull out a glock or something

Warm fuzzies!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I swear cats are the hardiest creatures after cockroaches. Mine survived a 3 story fall without a scratch! Go for it, adopt the cat, then it can be an ATS mascot

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So.... cops love cats, but they use dogs as target practice?

I could never be a police officer because I love animals, and I care about people.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Cats will talk to you if you let them. Their vocabulary is somewhat limited but if you pay attention they can get their point across pretty well. Amazing creatures.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by quiteinterested

That's a super idea

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by quiteinterested

I believe it, my poor kitty Lilly had her pelvis shattered by a car. She healed up with a minor limp. After that our A** hole neighbor broke her spine on 2 occassions. She lived to the ripe old age of 19.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Could have scratched the officer leading to an armed confrontation?

Seriously though most cops are good people just doing their jobs. Jerks and creeps make headlines, so we see them more often. And people that get pulled over by good cops don't have anything worth hearing, but get pulled over by a prick of a cop and you'll tell anyone who will listen. I've been pulled over to many times (my insurance company tells me so..
) and in all but one case the cops were cool. The one cop who was a complete and total ass I met again at court. He was in street clothes.. and just looking at him I thought man, I'd really like to punch that guy in the face. Then I find out he was the guy who gave me a ridiculous ticket(s) for stupid infractions (driving in the carpool lane 8 mins after it closes for single drivers) as well as others. See.. I can bitch all day about how much I hate that guy.. but I've got nothing to say about the other cops who were all nice and pleasant.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by subject1145

You are so right! I have a small cat rescue and I am listening to several of them talk to each other right now. I am around them all day and I believe that we understand each other, to an extent. I know they understand lots of human language. Many of them were rescued and some of them had some pretty rough lives before I took them in and I think because they had to survive and take care of themselves it made them really bright. I have a few cats that I have had since their birth and they have never wanted for anything and they seem to just be average intelligence but the group I rescued are super smart!
Great hearwarming story OP!

new topics

top topics

join