It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul campaign Press Release: Ron Paul WINNING the Battle for Delegates.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Its obvious that MSM is skewing the results to get dumb sheep in America to vote for who they want. A large majority of Americans are too stupid to vote based on anything other then a "winner" or the pastor/parent/friends opinions.

The zombie apocalypse is already here, and CNN/Fox are the programmers.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
Vote Obama.

Never, EVER again. I see why you dislike Ron Paul so much though, honesty is not a quality you want in a President given you're voting for that liar again.

The Westboro Baptist Church is an honest organization.
Doesn't mean I want any of them to be POTUS.

As said by some here, I would rather deal with 4 more years of Obama's broken promises than 4 years of the GOPs kept promises.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equ1nox
i find it hilarious reading all the Ron Paul haters, i'm in the UK so find it all fascinating. The people hating on Ron Paul don't seem to realise that their aggressive arrogant behaviour shines like a light, which only leads to intelligent/neutral people siding with Ron Paul. They keep bumping the threads and by showing the way they react and talk on forums, they clearly show which side is the good side and which side is the bad side. The fact that they think that they are doing good for their own side is hilarious, they are actually damaging it even more than anyone else

keep going haters
you're like a guiding light, showing real people that Ron Paul is the one to back, purely by your behaviour and they way you act.

on one side i see truth and on the other side i see anger and desperation, i wonder which side i would vote for?

Right you are sir, I noticed the same exact thing. It's not the people not voting for Ron Paul, it's the people bashing him that show their arrogance. And it just makes the Ron Paul crown look like all around good people. It seems it is a new era of modern day patriots. I know patriot is a bold term but I've never seen so many people stand by an idea (it's not about Ron Paul it is about the idea he preaches) and in turn just make it more powerful. I'm feelin a revolution is coming on.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Amen! The idea of any of the jokers, including Ron Paul, as President is seriously scary. Most of the people that voted for Obama and now hate him aren't doing it cause Obama is liar, but because they were delusional about what he was like, as a politician and a person. He's no arch Liberal, in fact almost all Liberals hate him, or at least are incredibly disappointed by him.

But.

Those same delusional folks have almost NO idea what Libertarian even means. Or patriot. They just parrot this phrase (kinda like "change") and if Paul ever got elected they'd be so surprised by what he ACTUALLY believed they assumed he'd changed... then ATS would be full of people calling HIM a liar and saying, "never ever again will I vote for that fraud"...

People that choose to remain ignorant of reality will be constantly surprised. I see SOOO many people claiming Ron Paul would do x, y, z, when even a cursory glance at the Libertarian website shows that he believes the exact opposite of what they think.

When it comes to voters in America, ignorance is bliss, until reality sits in, then they simply blame the politician in question for "changing" or "lying" when it's their fault for not paying attention.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
As said by some here, I would rather deal with 4 more years of Obama's broken promises than 4 years of the GOPs kept promises.

If you choose to set the bar so low, that's on you. The Westboro comparison is beyond stupid, and Ron Paul's promises are not those of the GOP mainstream. He promises to pardon all non-violent drug offenders. He promises a comprehensive audit of the federal reserve. He promises to allow competing currencies. He promises to fund social security and Medicare for those who have paid into the system by cutting massive foreign spending, and allow young people who WANT to opt out, to do so. He promises to ONLY use our military for DEFENSE, not offense in the name of pre-emption. You know, the things Obama said he would do, but instead continued the same policies as Bush. You folks are sad creatures, toeing the party line all the way. You were up in arms when Bush carried out these policies, but its a-okay when Obama does it? You probably have no real idea what Ron Paul's ideas are, because your opinions are issued to you by the Democratic establishment.

ETA: Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who doesn't engage in partisan bickering. He blames Republicans as much as he blames Democrats. And he is the ONLY candidate who consistently reached across the aisle, and worked closely with Kucinich, Barney Frank, etc. Aren't you guys SICK of the hyper partisanship? You want ANOTHER 4 years of this BS??
edit on 9-2-2012 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

oh, sorry, I was dealing in reality...not ron paulity. Ron Paul will simply not be the republican nomination..you might as well express the merits of mickey mouse as president..equal chance.

I am talking Obama V Romney/Gingrich/Santorum..well, most likely Romney..but who knows..stranger things have happened.

and in that case, its all about the yes we can..

But ya...Ron Paul has many ideals I agree with...same with Mickey. I wonder what "you people" will be writing on here when he finally drops out....it will be obvious for most...they will go lockstep into whomever the reps choose and it will be all about the anti-obama bandwagon no matter what the opposition is suggesting they will do.

Ron Paul is serving as a gateway drug for bad politics..sure, he doesn't seem bad on some issues...but once you step over and that is gone (drops out), your already hooked on wandering over to the really bad stuff (next thing you know, your waking up with gingrich buttons all over your shirt)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This thread is like deja view all over again.

The Avatar with the Baby kissing Dr. President Ron Paul is GREAT!!!! Politicians kiss babys Babys kiss Dr Paul. LOL.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

He promises to allow monopolies. He promises to let corporations write their own rules. He promises to remove any safety net or compassion from society. He promises to privatise almost every aspect of government, putting corporate profits over people. He promises a mad max style dystopia wherein only the very rich have any say in their country.

I'd rather he not be able to keep those promises.

I'd also rather deal with corrupt government than corrupt business any day of the week.

edit on 9-2-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Those same delusional folks have almost NO idea what Libertarian even means. Or patriot. They just parrot this phrase (kinda like "change") and if Paul ever got elected they'd be so surprised by what he ACTUALLY believed they assumed he'd changed... then ATS would be full of people calling HIM a liar and saying, "never ever again will I vote for that fraud"... People that choose to remain ignorant of reality will be constantly surprised. I see SOOO many people claiming Ron Paul would do x, y, z, when even a cursory glance at the Libertarian website shows that he believes the exact opposite of what they think. When it comes to voters in America, ignorance is bliss, until reality sits in, then they simply blame the politician in question for "changing" or "lying" when it's their fault for not paying attention.

The statement above is too absurd for words.

You apparently are newly-arrived from another planet.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

LOL. When did he say these things?? Source please.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

First of all.... A politician who promises lots of things?? Wow, that's amazing...doesn't mean he'll implement them.
It's what every politician does when they want to be elected... Promises Promises Promises.

If you think that either a) He'll implement all of these promises or b) that he even has the power to implement all of these promises then... good on you.
edit on 9/2/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Yet I see Paul supporters on here every day openly contradicting libertarian beliefs when they describe all the miracles Paul would perform.

I would guess about 10% of them have ever even looked at the Libertarian website... or have ANY idea what Ayn Rand was all about (or that she ended up on welfare, hilariously).

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Go to the Libertarian website. Read up on Objectivism. Listen to Chomsky. Hell, most people with any basic understanding of Libertarianism know what I'm saying to true. They want it. Libertarian means business is in control, not government.

What most Americans (I'm American btw) don't realise is that they're been lied to for years about what Adam Smith stood for. Ron Paul is lying to you about the US Constitution, cause it suits his agenda. The idea that the constitution is about protecting people FROM society, or about empowering individuals to the detriment of society is a LIE.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

its too bad that right now we already live in a world of corrupted government AND businesses... lets think who was one of the only politicians who didnt support the bailouts of those many major corporations which allowed for their continued unwaranted influence and corruption.
well i know Obama supported the bailouts, continuing further corruption

maybe if all those companies we're just left to pay the consequences of their crimes and faulty businesses that would have helped this corruption problem by removing these giant corporations because their too big they have to fail. it will happen eventually regardless, at least ron paul is the only one sane enough to let capitalism take place and have those institutions whose time has past crumble to allow other businesses to flourish in their place

ps. libertarianism isnt tyranny of the business class, your thinking of corporate fascism
edit on 9-2-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ron Paul is lying to you about the US Constitution, cause it suits his agenda.

Umm Buttercup.

The US Constitution , IS his Agenda.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

His completely insane reading of the constitution is his agenda. The Constitution is NOT in line with US Libertarianism. Watch that video.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by trust_no_one

Another Pro-Paul, anti-Democracy advocate I see. And btw., the idea that the bailouts is what gave corporations their influence is outrageous. Libertarians would cede much more power over to businesses than any bailout ever could. And guess what business do NOT self-regulate. Never have, never will... there's no invisible hand making sure # business fail.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Whats the point, does anyone here believe RP has more pledged delegates than Mitt...? Even if some corruption was occurring the left would be all over it because RP would not do well against Obama and the main stream voters...seems like the left would have a good reason to bring this up if it were occurring.

Whatever though, the longer it takes to choose a candidate = the less time the left has to prep and spend money against a specific candidate. I guess the opposite could be said for the GOP as well...

Sniper (different login, forgot password to my original, no conspiracy)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

Actually, the longer the GOP fights the more their individual negatives go up and the longer Obama has to campaign above the fray. The longer the nomination process, the less desirable ALL GOP candidates are.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by 27jd

He promises to allow monopolies. He promises to let corporations write their own rules. He promises to remove any safety net or compassion from society. He promises to privatise almost every aspect of government, putting corporate profits over people. He promises a mad max style dystopia wherein only the very rich have any say in their country.

I'd rather he not be able to keep those promises.

I'd also rather deal with corrupt government than corrupt business any day of the week.

Oh you poor wide eyed child, read what you just wrote again and ask yourself if that isn't the reality of today already.

corrupt government/business talk about your potatoe potato

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join