It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul campaign Press Release: Ron Paul WINNING the Battle for Delegates.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
We know the GOP & media establishment is doing anything it can to keep Ron from getting the popular votes but it is harder to stop Ron Paul's camp from getting actual delegates.

Yes, there has been fraudulent activities pertaining to delegates with one of the greatest examples being the Nevada GOP LITERALLY shutting off the power to an entire convention center when they learned Ron Paul supporters were going to take majority delegates, leaving the convention (laughed at Ron Paul supporters on the airplane back) and reconvening their delegate selection process at a later date EXCLUDING the Ron Paul delegates.

But this time is different, the campaign is smarter, the grassroots is smarter and everybody is more organized and prepared.

That is why statements and press releases like this are important.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

“As people across the country view the results of yesterday’s contests, it is important to consider a few facts that have not been clearly reported. Not one single delegate was awarded yesterday, instead the caucuses in Minnesota and Colorado were the very first step in the delegate selection process. And there are still over 40 states left to go. The Ron Paul campaign plans to continue to vie for delegates nationwide.

“There are a few significant takeaways from yesterday’s contests to remember:

1) The Missouri primary means nothing. It was a non-binding beauty contest, and the contest that matters in the ‘show me’ state won’t take place for another month. The Ron Paul campaign is well positioned to win delegates in Missouri’s caucus a month from now.

2) As in Iowa where not 1 of the 28 delegates has been awarded yet, in Colorado and Nevada the Paul campaign will do very well in the state delegate counts. We will have good numbers among the actual delegates awarded, far exceeding our straw poll numbers.

3) In Minnesota where we have finished a solid second, we also have a strong majority of the state convention delegates, and the process to elect delegates has also just begun, the Paul campaign is well-organized to win the bulk of delegates there.

“We are confident in gaining a much larger share of delegates than even our impressive showing yesterday indicates. As an example of our campaign’s delegate strength, take a look at what has occurred in Colorado:

In one precinct in Larimer County, the straw poll vote was 23 for Santorum, 13 for Paul, 5 for Romney, 2 for Gingrich. There were 13 delegate slots, and Ron Paul got ALL 13.

In a precinct in Delta County the vote was 22 for Santorum, 12 for Romney, 8 for Paul, 7 for Gingrich. There were 5 delegate slots, and ALL 5 went to Ron Paul.

In a Pueblo County precinct, the vote was 16 for Santorum, 11 for Romney, 3 for Gingrich and 2 for Paul. There were 2 delegate slots filled, and both were filled by Ron Paul supporters.

We are also seeing the same trends in Minnesota, Nevada, and Iowa, and in Missouri as well.

“We may well win Minnesota, and do far better in Colorado than yesterday’s polls indicate.

“In the latest national poll from Reuters/Ipsos Poll, Ron Paul places a strong second with 21 percent, gaining ground on his main competitor nationally, Mitt Romney, whose support seems to be fading at 29 percent. Congressman Paul’s support has grown by 5 percentage points nationally since January, while Romney has seen a 30 percent decline in his support since January.

“This poll follows a January 30th Gallup Poll showing Dr. Paul within the margin of error of defeating Obama. Also, a January 16th CNN/ORC Poll showed Congressman Paul and Obama in a virtual tie in a general election showdown.

“Yesterday’s contests were significant, but not a decisive or a conclusive end to this race. Our campaign will keep pushing forward and continue to take our message of liberty all the way to the convention. This race after all is about delegates, not about beauty contests.”

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This link here describes a different story. Unless I am missing something. I honestly don't understand all the delegates stuff.

CNN Delegates Thingy

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ohiotim2112

Well, from your source:

Source

**States may appear before their contest dates if unpledged RNC member delegates are awarded**

•Total Delegates* - This number includes pledged delegates and unpledged RNC member delegates
•Pledged Delegates* - These are delegates won by candidates in primaries and caucuses; they pledge to support their candidates at the national conventions.
•Unpledged RNC* - Unpledged Republican National Committee member delegates. Unpledged delegates in the Republican Party do not have to indicate a candidate preference, but a majority are elected just like pledged delegates. There are 123 unpledged RNC members that become delegates automatically.
•Delegates Needed to Win: This refers to the total number of delegate votes needed by a candidate to win the party's nomination.

The OP could be true if they are referring to "Unpleged Delegates".
I think.
Honestly, all the conflicting information has me confused too...

Oh well. Guess we'll see.

ETA: Nevermind. My post has confused me even further.. Sorry
edit on 8-2-2012 by defuntion because: Added to External text and my own confusion....

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohiotim2112
This link here describes a different story. Unless I am missing something. I honestly don't understand all the delegates stuff.

CNN Delegates Thingy

CNN has been posting figures they cannot predict from the beginning. They literally have no way of knowing who got what delegates because all county delegates have not been tallied yet as state delegates because they have not been voted on yet. I have heard several reports that Paul is doing very well with county delegates here. One thing I find interesting on that website tho is that they have delegates going to Romney and Gingrich in states that haven't even had caucuses/primaries yet, lol. CNN is a crock and just pushing for Romney trying to get people to think he's doing better than he really is. As always.

edit on 8-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

At this point, I am actually hoping that Ron Paul is gaming the delegate system.

Why you ask??? Well nothing will disenfranchise GOP voters more than having a candidate get nominated by gaming the process. When the majority of people have not voted for him, but he games the delegate selection to get the nomination...people will hold that against him.

I know Ron Paul supporters think they don't need the GOP base to win the general election...but I think they are sadly mistaken. Ron Paul supporters think they will draw a huge crossover from the Democrats...but the polls and the primaries/caucuses so far have not shown that.

So you go Ron Paul...game the system...and fracture the GOP more than it already is. I fully support this strategy by Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
We know the GOP & media establishment is doing anything it can to keep Ron from getting the popular votes but it is harder to stop Ron Paul's camp from getting actual delegates.

I don't see any real efforts by the GOP to stop Ron Paul getting the votes. I do see the media outlets giving Paul less air time than the other candidates, but then again this is understandable considering that Paul is running 3rd to last in the elections, and the fact he hasn't even picked up a state yet.

If Gingrich was in the same position as Paul, how many people here would be arguing that the media isn't giving him enough attention?

Yes, there has been fraudulent activities pertaining to delegates

I've heard a number of claims from Paulers regarding fraud, but I've have not seen any evidence beyond the claims. Yes, fraud is a very real possibility in these elections and it has happened before, it doesn't mean that Paul's position in the race indicates fraud. Is there solid evidence of fraud going on against Paul? As I am aware, the is an investigation going on.

with one of the greatest examples being the Nevada GOP LITERALLY shutting off the power to an entire convention center when they learned Ron Paul supporters were going to take majority delegates, leaving the convention (laughed at Ron Paul supporters on the airplane back) and reconvening their delegate selection process at a later date EXCLUDING the Ron Paul delegates.

Information is still coming out on this. At the moment we only have claims that this was voter fraud against Ron Paul by his supporters, which is not uncommon really.

Either way I am of the opinion that Paul is so far performing poorly. He still hasn't won a state, he is the only one out of the 4 runners who hasn't. At the moment he is sitting at 3rd dead last in the race. Gingrich may still verywell end up having a higher delegate count than him since his South Carolina win. Paul may very well take Maine, but I thought the same for Nevada and New Hampshire, so far it's not looking promising for him in my eyes. If Gingrich, Romney or Santorum were in Paul's position, how many people would be calling for them to resign? I'm fairly certain there would be plenty here.

If you are going to support Paul to the end, that's fine, it's expected, his supporters have a reputation of being loyal right to the end. But if Paul is going to continue performing like this, he will not have any influence to use come the Convention in Tampa, I can certainly assure you of this. Instead of making excuses or hyping up his dismal performances, maybe it would do good to focus on why he can't win over enough voters in any of the states thus far to come first. Because this demonstrates a disconnect between him and the voters, very serious thing if he still markets himself as an electable candidate.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Some delegates are not tied to the primary/caucus results. The Democrats call these "super delegates", but the Republicans don't use that term.

They are basically either party officials or high ranking GOP members. And some of these have already stated who they are endorsing and supporting.

I know more about the Democrate super delegate process than the Republican process though because it plays a much bigger role.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ron Pauls Ground army is ferocious and is gathering the proper signatures that are required, and I commend those actions. Get those signatures and get the forms notarized and keep doing it and bringing them in my fellow Americans.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Are you talking about the delegates CNN has going to Romney/Gingrich in states that haven't had caucuses/primaries yet? That could explain it. It doesn't seem right that they can do that, but I guess that's the system we all have to deal with.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yes, that was what I was talking about.

Here is some more information on it.

en.wikipedia.org...

The fact is that these primaries are party events...they make the rules...and they have built in a little system where they have at least some control over the results no matter what the voters say. And actually...they have total control over who the nominee is...but it would require going against their members opinion.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Your first line gives you away. You can't see that the GOP is doing everything they can to prevent a Ron Paul nomination. Or, perhaps you think they can do more, thus they REALLY aren't trying?
How many ways can Ron Paul get screwed by the establishment before you guys notice? My guess is, you will never (admit) notice. Am I right?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am glad Ron Paul addressed the delegate issue. Mainstream media seems to only touch the issue but never explains how the system actually works. Ron Paul is right, delegates are what is important. While a candidate may have a lot of popular votes, if nobody is willing to go to the state and national GOP conventions as a delegate then Ron Paul supporters will be the main body representing the GOP nomination. Then unbound, Ron Paul supporters will select Ron Paul as the GOP nominee.

Fact is, Ron Paul supporters are dedicated and willing to go to the state and national conventions. Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum supporters will likely not be represented very well. They have no committed base of supporters. It's simply a popularity contest.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was voted in as a delegate for Ron Paul yesterday.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yea, this time the people are gaming the system. It is how the nomination process works and if Romney, Gingrich or Santorm can't get enough supporters passionate enough about them so that they stay behind to nominate each other as delegates, what does that really say about their 'support'? Nobody cares about these guys, they ride the media fame bus all the way to the end only to be beaten by actual supporters who care about their candidate and the message he speaks on.

Their system has been used against us for decades but now normal folk are understanding the rules to beat the insiders.

This is nothing but GREAT NEWS.

edit on 8-2-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Sorry but your dislike (borderline hatred?) for Ron Paul blinds you to the rampant manipulation, corruption and fraudulent activities committed against him.

You just literally took a proven example of blatant fraud and made nothing of it.

If you guys are so ignorant to the fact that the GOP actually abides by their own by-laws, you've got some re-evaluation to do. I personally know central committee members in the GOP...the things these people do (or sometimes don't do) is nothing short of FRAUDULENT and CORRUPT, sometimes it is pure incompetence though, I'll give you that much.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohiotim2112

CNN Delegates Thingy

Delegate stuff is confusing and believe me you are not the only one who is getting lost on this issue. Maybe this video will help a bit.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

you do realize that this doesn't mean you are going to the national convention...right?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

you do realize that this doesn't mean you are going to the national convention...right?

It also doesn't mean that he isn't.
It's a filtering process for sure. He has better chances if he was voted in as a state delegate, but it's not impossible even if he's a county delegate either, just more filtering.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

If you've been watching a person play a board game for decades and that person knows all the rules and has been inviting new players but not telling them the rules or how to win why would you condemn the act of the new players learning the rules to beat him?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

No #. Long ways to go.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join