It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proponents of Gold Standard May Be Violent Extremists; Report ALL Suspicious Activity To the FBI

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
reply to post by smallpeeps

Goodluck saving grandma for your kid's college education. That's such an insane idea. I thought you were being satirical, but I'm not sure if you believe it or not. Want to know why our system is messed up? Grandmas and grandpas taking all the monies for medicine and retirement.

Your attitude is sad. But I appreciate your reply. Yes, I am being 100% serious, in order to induce the replies like you gave above: You admit that old people are a drag.

Therefore you take the counter position, that granny is worthless, right? Or anyway, not worth keeping around, eh? Tell us more.

See, all I am saying is that under this system of "old people as high dollar legal tender" if you want to be a millionaire, you have to preserve the "bills" or "instruments" of the huge wealth. It's very simple, but yes, very hard. If you struggle with this idea, I ask you to reread my post and ask yourself why a Spartan King of old, made all his nation's currency into very heavy bars of iron. Why would he inconvenience his own people that way?

See, a lot of fools today value convenience way too highly. So this idea that old people become the high dollar legal tender, is actually quite brilliant from the perspective that says old people are valuable and deserve to be cared for and to have the best treatment. Think it through, and read about why a leader would restrict his currency supply as in the past when gold and silver were known to be weapons of currency debasement. You may ask "Who would ever tolerate having to care for an elder, in order to have 100k "dollars of legal tender"? If you have to ask if old people are worth caring for, nobody will convince you. But if you want to hold a million dollars of legal tneder under this system, you'd need to care for 10 elders.

Originally posted by xFiDgetx

Yeah.... but how many times have you pulled a dollar from your wallet and not been able to spend it because it "passed quietly in the night."

You make a great point, which also serves my goals in this example.

A millionaire mammonist, if deprived of one of his "bills of exchange" meaning one of his oldsters passed away, simply loses that money the elder represented.

Sorry, but that is the condition of this scenario. If you don't care for the elders, and don't prolong their life and give them a lovely existence, then yes you may lose them. If losing an elder is going to cause a 100k hole in some rich bastard's pocketbook, then they may move to help that elder get the medical care they need --A COMPLETE TRANSFORMATION OF THE MAMMONIST.

In this scenario I am describing, all money laundering would cease. All elder abuse would be exposed. All elders would get better care. All black markets would cease. All fake money would cease. All mammonists would be flushed into the open as the human hating trash they are. Feel free to discuss this idea with your friends and family, and pass on my screenname "smallpeeps" because I am 100% serious, and 100% smart. This is the sort of crazy thing you'll never hear anywhere else. It could be a gem I'm giving you or it could be pyrite, fools gold. Only your heart can discern the truth.

edit on 9-2-2012 by smallpeeps because: hmm yeah

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow! So if the Government just admitted that FORT KNOX is EMPTY!!!! If it wasn't, they would be indicting themselves. Finally some truth!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
... is because you are all looking to him to be your saviour, and once again save you from not having to exercise personal responsibility. That is the one thing that you are truly desperate to be saved from.

This is an extremely broad generalization that I do not appreciate or agree with.
We are not ALL looking fo a "saviour" in any president or presidential candidate. Many Americans excercise personal responsibility. Our country is made up of a wide variety of people. We can not be personally responsible for every citizens actions and choices (including government officials), just as I'm sure you would not want to be held responisble for EVERY person in your country, whatever country that may be. We are a nation that's attempting to bulid a more perfect union, within the boundaries and limitations set before us. It saddens me to think that there are people across the world that fit all of us Americans into one tight category. Some us work hard, have very high morals and standards, and DO give a damn about countries and their inhabitants outside of our borders. We are working on saving ourselves, but it's not easy within our system. Just because we have the right to vote doesn't mean we actually have a whole lot of say as to who becomes our president, therefore represents us as a whole to the rest of the world.

I think it would be nice if when you post about Americans, you use terms like "some", "most", or "many" instead of "you all"... because "we all" don't have the same mind-set, opinions, or work ethic. Thank you.
edit on 9-2-2012 by atomsapple because: typo

edit on 9-2-2012 by atomsapple because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Look at how the people gathered around to protest Vietnam, but were quickly rendered enable by the drug culture that was created as a ploy to throw them off what their true fight was for! They kept everyone doped up to hide the facts from everyone, which is what the Reagan and Bush era were in such a rush to start and keep the ball moving for with all the contras in the deep parts of the world flying dope and money in under the radar whether anyone knew or not they had a free ticket whoever was working the scheme!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Very strange how much the cronies want to beat a dead horse to try and make a point when actually they assigned to do one thing and that's organize and keep order of our govt and state system! How is that they get to tell us how to live, when it is us who have to live in its unfavorable design? It's only designed to favor those that have power and money!!! What if the whole country skipped on paying their taxes? Then what would happen, would noone with power get a paycheck and the people could finally step in and get it out of greedy politician hands that only seem to want to help the Corporations with the big pockets, of course! They've turned their back on the poor cause they have no money to offer! All the poor have to offer is labor! So the poor are the slaves these days and it's quickly seeping into the middle class. Soon there may be only two classes!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Originally posted by MeesterB

Goodluck saving grandma for your kid's college education. That's such an insane idea. I thought you were being satirical, but I'm not sure if you believe it or not. Want to know why our system is messed up? Grandmas and grandpas taking all the monies for medicine and retirement.

Your attitude is sad. But I appreciate your reply. Yes, I am being 100% serious, in order to induce the replies like you gave above: You admit that old people are a drag.

Further, let's examine your idea: "Saving grandma for your kid's college education"

Can you really parse your own words, and hear your own subconscious?

Reread your words again, and rephrase your question in a way that doesn't make my point, and then we can proceed. Because what I am suggesting is simply: "Save grandma for your kid's education"

Question is this: Does granny educate you better/deeper, than the peers/professors/societies which exist at the University? Hmm.. Who teaches or indocrtinates you more? Granny and mom and dad (4 grands and 2 parents usually) or the huge student population (peers) and heriarchy (teachers/deans/admins/alums) and societies (bonesmans, locks and keys, gamma delta hydras, etc, etc) do?

Therefore granny would go to college, along with the child, to afford granny a chance to catch up on her schooling and also to combat all the attacks which the uni's do on their freshmans.

Also, consider a further brilliant aspect of my idea: It is that old people, are actually and truly, very smart, and at a time in their lives where their bodies may be deteriorating, but their minds are often crisp and aflame with ideas.

Therefore wouldn't you admit, that you mock me, but granny (the 100k dollar legal tender bill of exchange) could actually go to college with the child, and call BS on stuff she doesn't like?

Further, can you imagine a classroom in the future, where every child has their granny at school with them? and they all get lunch, and recess, and get to go to the nurse, as they learn together?

Welcome to a better world, you phrased it and now we've described it, and therefore, it will come. Now the only stopwatch ticking is how long it takes for this idea to be realized in the real world.
edit on 9-2-2012 by smallpeeps because: hmm

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Picture of Fox giving "Warning Signs for Police"

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I think we should return to the law the George Washington signed that provided the death penalty for mint officials who devalued the currency.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by atomsapple

... is because you are all looking to him to be your saviour, and once again save you from not having to exercise personal responsibility. That is the one thing that you are truly desperate to be saved from.

This is an extremely broad generalization that I do not appreciate or agree with.
We are not ALL looking fo a "saviour" in any president or presidential candidate.

You are quite literally the first person who has ever replied to me on a topic even peripherally related to Ron Paul, which appeared to contain conscious thought, and which did not consist of a few lines of reflexive groupthink, or otherwise strongly imply that the individual in question was severely afflicted with mind control.

If there is anything I am really sick of where Ron Paul is concerned, it is that; the cultic element. It is the fact that when anyone raises any objection to Paul whatsoever, his supporters do not answer with anything other than belligerent, canned sound bites. Most of the time it's as though I'm listening to a tape recorder.

In other words, if RP supporters want me to stop thinking of them as brainwashed drones, then I'd really appreciate it if they would stop acting like it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

ya, obama was supposed the messiah also.....
why, have no idea, to put it bluntly, the world already has their messiah!!!

www.salon.com...

crowned in the halls of congress on March 23, 2004

umm...2004, that's when the republicans held the presidency, along with the house and senate....and well, the liberals were being told that they were the minority, that if we didn't like how the country was run we should leave, and oh, ya, they were terrorists!!!! danged republicans blaming everyone for doing the crap they already have done!!!

but don't worry, people if you don't make the terrorist watchlist this year, well, more than likely next year the power will change hands and new qualifications for the title will be written up, if they miss you this year, you have a second chance!!!!

lt must have gotten two costly to declare war on other countries, so the US is no declaring war on itself!!!

anyone know, I heard they have bought a crapload of drones for civilian use....are they armed??? is there a chance that we will be seeing drones coming out of the sky and attacking convoys of tired workers commuting home from work during 5 o'clock rush hour on I 81??
I am halfway serious with this post by the way, not only have they driven the economy off a clift, but I think they have driving the country into the abyss of insanity also!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I appreciate your response. Thank you.

In other words, if RP supporters want me to stop thinking of them as brainwashed drones, then I'd really appreciate it if they would stop acting like it.

Agreed. Many Americans stick closely to a candidate or a party, instead of focusing on the issues and the common good. Sadly, I am under the impression that the presidents elected in roughly the last 160 years have been "puppets" (for lack of a better word), and that our parties are simply subdivisions of a larger unit of power and authority. I'm not sure that it matters who wins the presidential election. We are beyond that point.

I generally do not discuss politics or politicians- not even with friends and family- because it irritates me that most people are simply sounding off, in support of their favorite party or candidate. Instead, I appreciate it when voters do their homework and then engage in conversation where they are at least open to listening to another point of view for the duration of the conversation. It is rare that I find a person who deosn't make political speak a personal matter, let alone turn it into an argument.

Again, thank you for your response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join